MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2002, 03:05 PM   #1
97 Stang
Registered Member

Talking Woohoo!!

I got the heads in today for the 99+ conversion But I do have a question. Do they need a break in period or can I just stab it from the start? It's going in the shop tomorrow and getting out most likely Friday if everything goes good. So I'm pretty freaked out right now, this is my first mod for my car, well, besides the taking the snorkel off the intake but that didn't do anything for it.
BBK H-pipe
4.10 gears
97 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 03:39 PM   #2
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

I wouldn't think so. The break in period allows for the crank to seat properly on the new bearings, and on center cam engines, it allows for the lifters to seat on to the new cam, etc... Since this is an OHC engine and you are only changing the heads, I wouldn't think that there is anything to "break in".. There might be some parts in the cam section of the new heads that might require it, but I don't know.... I would ask a Ford Tech or the mech you are bringing it to.

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 12:03 PM   #3
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

maybe some break in since there is realy no bearing or rings you should be able to punch it immediatly although roller fingers way need to break in a little i don`t forsee any damage and let me know what it feels like i have a 98 and want those heads bad
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:29 PM   #4
97 Stang
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, and Badass_yellowGT, I should have them in at the end of the Friday workday. So if everything with the install goes right I'll tell you what I think of them sometime on Saturday. I would tell you Friday, but you know, I gotta go out and play
BBK H-pipe
4.10 gears
Old 08-22-2002, 01:53 PM   #5
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Enjoy.
I remember those mod days.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 06:29 PM   #6
97 Stang
Registered Member

Talking

Good lord!!! Got my car back from the shop with 2001 heads in it. My god, it feels like a completely different car, especially from 4K+ rpms. The car pulls all the way to redline, and damn, this thing is so much quicker now. I would definitely recommend this swap to anyone who is thinking about it. I'm going driving tonight to put it to the test. I love it!!!
BBK H-pipe
4.10 gears
Old 09-01-2002, 01:08 AM   #7
98gt5sp
Registered Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my 98 GT. Would you mind telling me where you purchased them and how much they were? Thanks a lot,

-98gt5sp

My Mods
My Web Page

Rice Hater's Club - Member # 78
98gt5sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:24 AM   #8
97 Stang
Registered Member

I got mine from Parkway Ford, www.parkwayfordga.com They have the cheapest price that I could find so I went with them. The only problem that I had was that they didn't have the bolts, gaskets, and other miscellaneous things in stock. And they didn't bother telling us. So when we got the kit it wasn't complete so we had to scrounge up everything around here which delayed the install quite a bit. Only other thing was the alternator bracket didn't fit just right so they had to cut it. But besides that, the kit is complete and comes at a really good price. Have fun if you get it, it makes a big difference. The total price for the kit was a little over $1200, then $650 for the install. We know the guy who installed them so he gave us some slack in the price.
BBK H-pipe
4.10 gears