MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-20-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
chico
Registered Member

Default Royal Purple

Has anyone used Royal Purple OEM Synthetic Oil and dynoed the results Vs. Std oil and possibly Mobil-1 Synthetic...I am over the break in period with my new motor and just ordered a case of Royal Purple...
Old 01-24-2003, 03:58 AM   #2
BUFFMUSTANG
Registered Member

Default lifter ticking- gone

My friend used royal purple in his Eclipse because one of his lifters was ticking and it took away the tick, cooled down his turbo better to.
BUFFMUSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 07:56 AM   #3
skz4u
Registered Member

Default Royal Purple

I have read articles on how Royal Purple has added as much as 5 HP just by adding the oil. I have run Royal Purple in my Eng, Trans, and Diff for the last year. Though I can't say that I noticed a HP increase, I continue to use it just for the fact that it's a top quality synthetic. Any synthetic oil is better than conventional oil.
skz4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
stangt00
Registered Member

Rule # 1 when buying anything to increase performance in your car. DONT believe the advertisements claims. Rarely does an aftermarket part add as much power to your vehicle as it claims. Even more so for stuff like lubricants or additives. The best thing is to do the research. This forum and a few ohers out there are good places to start. I personally dont have any experience with Royal Purple, but from what I hear from other users of it, it's just as good as any other synthetic. Power increase claims are irrelavant unless someone has dyno figures to back it up.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.
stangt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #5
chico
Registered Member

Default Royal Purple

Thanks for your replies...Yes they do have dyno no.'s on their fluids..Royal Purple web site...engine , tranny and rearend..from 1% to 3% gains in hp depending on your set up. I am not necessarily looking fro 5 or 10 hp(do not think I would feel or see the differance) looking for quality anh my research has shown
Royal Purple to exceed the competition, njot just baased on info. provided by mfg. but oter sources have tested their product...Have already ordered a case.