MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #1
dan2289
Registered Member

Default how do you do tire rotation on a mustang

how do you do tire rotation for a mustang
dan2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
420nitro
Registered Member

Default Re: how do you do tire rotation on a mustang

Quote:
Originally posted by dan2289
how do you do tire rotation for a mustang
Are you kidding???
Ok, if you really don't know...take it into a shop.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I'll try to give you a civil answer...

Unidirectional tires... front to back

Regular tires ... You "X" them as shown here.
http://www.mistupid.com/automotive/tirerotation.htm
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
ugp134
Registered Member

dan ur an idiot we learned how to do tire rotations in auto damn.. how could u post such a stupid question??? i say u should never work on a car again for that question
ugp134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:10 PM   #5
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Hey, what ever happened to "there is no such thing as a stupid question?"

Dan, the way I see it you have two choices. The first one is to change your handle and not post any more threads until you have done so. These guys can be brutal.

The second, is to stick it out and have a good time.

I say, change your name from "Dan2289" to "tire rotation". My dad always use to say "if you don't learn to laugh at yourself, someone else will."

On a serious note, this is not something that everyone knows how to do. Before I owned my Mustang, I had never touched a bolt on a car before in my life (I am 36 years old). It was never my cup of tea. I had never taken a shop class before, worked in a shop, or had any exposure to working on cars. Now, I can't get enough of it (although, I am still no mechanic).

If this is the first car you have ever owned with directional tires (if it has them), then you would not be familiar with rotating them.

If you don't know, look at the sidewalls. There will be an arrow pointing in one direction. This will tell you if the tires are dirrectional. If so, they can be mounted in only one direction. Directional tires generally have a "swoosh" type look to their tread. Your option is to go front to back only, UNLESS, you want to remove the tires from the rims, then you can rotate them any way you want. This costs a little more, and serves no real advantage.

For my car, I have different sized tires in the front than I have in the back. They are directional. I can't rotate them at all unless I have them removed from the rims.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote