MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-20-2002, 04:58 AM   #1
HenDawg
Registered Member

Default 4.6 Mods

I bought a 2000 gt last October and have been hooked on getting mods for my ride. Surfing around I noticed two specs for 4.6 mustangs. One has 2v and another 4v. What is the difference and how do I tell which one I have. I am pretty new to this so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. Also I was looking at buying the MAC cold Air induction kit, Steeda pullies; and a diablo sport chip. Does anyone have any experience with these products and could give me a ya or na?
HenDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 05:27 AM   #2
black281
Registered Member

HenDawg, welcome to the board! First off is your car an auto or a stick? As far as knowing which 4.6 liter motor you have it is definetly the 2 valve since you have a GT. The 4 valve 4.6 liter is the motor that ford puts in the Mustang Cobra (starting in 96 till present). As far as the mods you are considering, well here's my advice: the MAC cold air kit really is more for show under the hood rather than getting any real performance gain. The steeda pullies is a must do, I have them also and notice a good gain. The Diablo chip is going to adjust timing which can also be done which a Steeda timing adjuster. I would recommend the Timing adjuster instead, for one its cheaper and the mail order chips seem to be a hit or miss for people as far as picking up significant gain. If you really want to wake up the car you should looking into getting some of these following parts: X-pipe, some free flowing mufflers, 4.10 ring and pinion, C&L Mass air meter, Steeda pullies and timing adjuster. That should be a real good start. Have fun and happy modding!
Steeda Underdrives and T/A
Steeda Subframe Connectors
Nitto Drags 275/40
black281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 03:43 AM   #3
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

HenDawg
Welcome and as black has already stated, it looks like you have the stout 2V 4.6L.

All the previously mentioned mods are good provided yo know what you expect from your car.

I'd also suggest avoid the chip mod until you are done with your car's evolution.

Biggest decision is ... are you going the way of forced induction?

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote