MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-22-2002, 11:02 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Exclamation 4.6 GT guys, my overall mod evaluation

Well, seeing as I have just about every bolt on for the new 4.6's but headers, I decided to post my feelings on the various mods I have done. They are ranked in order of how much I felt a difference after their install.

1. 4.10 Gears. Car pulls way harder throughout the powerband. I can smoke the tires all the way up to about 30mph!

2. Bassani X-pipe. Whereas the car used to start to lag around 45-50mph when I was streetracing, after the install, the car just kept right on pulling.

3. C&L 80mm MAF. When I took the car out after the install, I couldn't believe it. I didnt think I'd feel anything, but there was a noticeable gain up higher in the RPM. Really felt as if the car could finally breathe.

4. Underdrive pulleys. Not sure if I felt a gain, but the car did wind up easier, and I could finally chirp second gear from a stop.

5. Autologic Chip. Again, didn't notice any hp gain per se, but the car shifts much firmer, and drives differently.

6. Magnaflow mufflers. No horsepower or torque gain, but the car felt a little smoother at freeway speeds.

7. 70mm Throttle Body. Absolute waste of cash. Other than the cool whistling noise it puts out, it wasn't worth a dime. And it totally changed the throttle response, took me a while to get used to it.

If I had it all to do over again, I'd scrap all these bolt ons, and go with a V2-SQ and the Bassani Pipe from the beginning and be done with it.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:06 AM   #2
HarryP
Registered Member

Question Not worth cash or time?

What you are saying in the end is that all of this was'nt worth the $$$ or time,right?
From what I have read about 4.6L,if you really want more,"Super Charge" it. Super Charging cost alot of $$$ but you probaly get more for your investment.I am curious as to all of this "After market" add-ons and there "True" value.
3:55 or 3:73 gears would be better for street or highway.
4:10's good for hole shot but cruising runs higher RPM's(which "sucks" more gas).
Correct?
(Plenty of Mustang "link's")
HarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:43 AM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Exactly my point, HarryP . The 4.10s make city driving
A LOT more fun, but I honestly hate having them when I'm on the freeway. The X-pipe was a solid mod; it made great power, and the exhaust sounds sweet. Basically, I'm just trying to say that if you're reading this, and you have a stock GT, my advice would be, if you can afford it, supercharge it.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote