MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-17-2002, 09:22 PM   #1
jbug440
Registered Member

Default h-pipe install

hi guys,maybe someone can help me with some questions?i own a 96 gt with some very minor mods (A k+n and a flowmaster cat back). I would like to install an off road h-pipe on my car,i looked under the car and it looks like getting to the passenger side exhaust manifold bolts will be difficult.Has anyone done the swap or knows how to get to those bolts easier?my next question is about brand what brand h-pipe do u guys recommend?I heard an h-pipe will help with torque and give me a throaty v8 rumble sound which is exactly what im looking for.Any help will be appreciated.
jbug440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 05:17 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Any of the major brands are fine. Not much difference in performance in either ones. Get the HTS coated ones so they won't rust out. Check out the H-Pipe install info on possibly this site or on one of the others, mustangworld, stangnet etc.. they should be able to give you the tricks in removing/replacing the exhaust.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
jbug440
Registered Member

Talking

hey man, thanx for the info i really appreciate it!!!!!!
jbug440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
SnakeDriver97
Registered Member

I remember pullin' the factory pipe from my bodies '95 GT. I recall lots of WD-40, and some bloody knuckles, but it eventually came off. BBK & MAC make a decent pipe for the cost ( not sure if there HTS coated, but if u got $500..Bassani makes a good X-pipe.

'97 Cobra....just bought it so it's bone stock <--(no $$)...future plans....(the obvious exhaust mods) BBK long tube with FlwMstr 2 Chmbr...Cobra R rims...and hopefully, a Vortech s-trim with Aftrcoolr...anybody got $5000 I can borrow!?!?!?
SnakeDriver97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #5
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Man, we just put a Bassani O/R x-pipe on my brothers 99GT which already had 2 chamber Flows on it and it's WAY, WAY, loud. Too loud for daily driving IMO.
It must be a 4.6 thing, because I had the exact same setup on my '91 5.0 and my car was loud, but not the obnoxious volume that his car is.
So, I guess what I am trying to say is, think seriously about buying a pipe with a set of high flow cats.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote