MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-28-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
NotShorty
Registered Member

Default Swap or not?

Hey guys,

I have a friend whose uncle works for Ford and can get me the "A plan" discount. There's no way in heck I can afford a GT, so here's my idea:

I can buy a high mileage late model v6, hopefully with some aftermarket add-ons, and then swap in a new 4.6L engine, which I can also get on discount. (also, what would be the earliest year that I could fit an '03 4.6 into?)

Is this worth it, or will it be a major pain, and just as expensive as buying a GT? I could probably afford a new V6 with this discount, but I would have no money at all for mods.

Has anyone used Ford's A-plan before? What are the pros/cons?

Thanks for all input!
NotShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Not even close to being worth it.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:29 AM   #3
surfbeast
Registered Member

You would be left with a car you could not sell for anything and would be a major pain to do. You would need a lot more than the engine, lots more. The "A" plan basically saves you ten percent of window sticker, maybe more. The a hole dealers just give you that much less for your trade to make up the difference. If you have cash and can combine with other discounts it helps out alot.
Buy a 99 GT for about fifteen grand or less, they are everywhere or buy a good rebuild. mine was way less than ten grand.

Good luck