MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
gilmoujr
Registered Member

Default Conceptually Ricey

http://autos.msn.com/advice/photogallery.aspx?contentid=4022475&src=msn&GT1=31 46

On this site there is a rather Ricey looking '05 Mustang "GT-R" concept. There are not any details about the car. I am hoping that it is not a production option that the engineers at Ford have come up with just to satisfy the "Fast and Furious" market. Judging by the previous photo (of the Escape Hybrid with Bill Ford), I think it might be something that Ford came up with and not some speed/chop shop came up with. I think it sucks. It looks like there are slicks on it and that the motor seems to be modified (turbo or supercharged, roll-cage, etc.). Since it has two seats, I would assume that it is meant - not so much for racing - but looking like a race car. The side-exhaust and rear wing indicates that it is intended for a ricer with enough dough to spend on a real car but not beefy enough for the SCCA circuit. Why can't Ford make a "GT-R" model for American muscle enthusiasts that does not look like something that you would see in a Paul Walker (I had to look up his name on www.us.imdb.com) movie. Make a me a sleeper that ends up being a street-sweeper and I will shell out the bucks for it.

Waiting to see what the '06 Cobra will act like!
gilmoujr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
gilmoujr
Registered Member

Default Why?

After hunting for a short time, I found this on MSN, too.

"While Ford was being environmentally conscientious with the Escape Hybrid, it was quite the opposite with their other unveil at this year's show. Helping to celebrate the Mustang's 40th anniversary, Ford debuted the Mustang GT-R Concept.

This Mustang is pure race car, sporting a carbon fiber hood, a big rear spoiler, full roll cage, and a 440-horsepower aluminum block V8 engine. The Mustang GT-R was built at Saleen Special Vehicles, and was developed by the same folks responsible for the Ford GT.

Although Ford is still calling this a concept car, we wouldn't' be at all surprised to see it on the track very soon. "

440 Horses? That is just a couple SMALL mods on the 03/04 Cobra. What is ford and Saleen trying to get away with here? That's not a Race car - it's a Rice car.
gilmoujr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by gilmoujr
After hunting for a short time, I found this on MSN, too.

"While Ford was being environmentally conscientious with the Escape Hybrid, it was quite the opposite with their other unveil at this year's show. Helping to celebrate the Mustang's 40th anniversary, Ford debuted the Mustang GT-R Concept.

This Mustang is pure race car, sporting a carbon fiber hood, a big rear spoiler, full roll cage, and a 440-horsepower aluminum block V8 engine. The Mustang GT-R was built at Saleen Special Vehicles, and was developed by the same folks responsible for the Ford GT.

Although Ford is still calling this a concept car, we wouldn't' be at all surprised to see it on the track very soon. "

440 Horses? That is just a couple SMALL mods on the 03/04 Cobra. What is ford and Saleen trying to get away with here? That's not a Race car - it's a Rice car.
everything I have read on it says 500 hp/500tq out of the 5.0 cammer engine and it is setup as a road race car just like the cobra R yes I agree the wing looks ricey but if its a road race car with that kind of power it is there for a reason DOWNFORCE

not like the ones you see on a civic they are there cause they seen someone else with one and had to have it

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Rice imitates race, not the other way around. Carbon fiber hoods and big wings serve a purpose on a real car. I want that Cammer engine, but $15k sounds a bit rough. What I don't like about it is the way the posts on the rear wing look.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote