MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-31-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
98'MustangGT
Registered Member

Question Side Exit Exhaust

I have a question on side exit exhaust. Well, actually , a few questions. Ok, who makes a good quality, good sounding set-up that comes with the side ground effects? Second, does it add horespower? And lastly, what are you, the members of Mustangworks, opionions on it? My friend said I shouldn't get it, but I would really like to see my car with side exit. Thanks in advance for any help/comments! -Kevin

------------------
1998 Mustang GT with a 4.6 liter V8, Black
98'MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 07:50 PM   #2
St_Brawler
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Well for one, it looks good, but it robs power. If you lke the tone get it. If you want power, get normal exhaust. You'll be better off. Personally I like the way it looks, but it's not good if your looking for power. Second, it will be the lowest part of your car, and if your car is lowered, you'll be scrapping on everything, and eventually crap the plastic, and make the side skirt come off. As far as which one come with side skirts that also sound good?? Well you can't go wrong with Borla, but if you can affourd, buy the Cobra side exhaust, and use MAC mufflers....

------------------
'97 GT, full lenght MAC headers, MAC Pro chamber h-pipe, Mac 2.5" Cat-back w/chrome tips, AODE 4W70R, K&N, Eibach springs and a 150 NOS wet shot system. Coming very soon, 4.10 gears, trany upgrading, Saleen body kit, and some medium suspension work.
St_Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 08:21 PM   #3
97snakedriver
Registered Member

The SVO/Borla side exhaust comes with side skirts. The 2000 Cobra R side exhaulst is made by Karkraft.
http://www.karkraft.com/

I like the Karkraft exhaulst better. No side skirts to worry about, better ground clearence.

------------------
AIM: Some97Snake

For sale: K&N Aircharger kit and Recharger kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=551794654
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 10:13 PM   #4
St_Brawler
Registered Member

I thought it was still made by Borla. I went to the karkraft, and they say it's a borla side exhaust. So it sells on www.karkraft.com, but made by Borla
St_Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 10:30 PM   #5
98'MustangGT
Registered Member

Red face

The side-exit robs power? Arg! Well, know worries about scraping, I'm not lowered any. I really don't like the sound of losing power, but, I love the looks of it. Also, would that stupid thing void my warranty? I suppose it would, my dealer is gay, they bitched about my tint , i finally said I own the d*mn car, you don't! Thanks for your opinions guys!

------------------
1998 Mustang GT with a 4.6 liter V8, Black
98'MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 12:49 AM   #6
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Expect a loss of 10-15hp. Approx.

Not a lot, just some.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote