MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-15-2001, 08:06 PM   #1
Her99GT
Registered Member

Red face Something weird going on....

I have a '99 GT. When you start the car, turn on the A/C, put it in reverse, back up and then put it in drive, it surges forward hard, only thing is I didn't have my foot on the gas pedal. It also did it to me today only I was at a stop light with the a/c on and it just "jumped" forward a little bit. with both instances it revs like I am actually pushing the gas pedal. Anyone have any ideas on what could be going on, luckily it is still under warranty.

Thanks, Beth
Her99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 12:07 AM   #2
01 BLACK GT
Registered Member

Lightbulb

What happens is when you turn the a/c on, it puts a big drag on the motor. The computer senses this and in turn raises the idle up back to the set rpm. I know it never happened before to you but this is usually caused by the little hole in the throttle plated clogging up from gum. You need to take the intake boot off and clean the trottle plate off with some gum cutter or other carb cleaner. Gaurentted to fix your problem. also it wouldn't hurt to check the airfilter.
Hope this helps you

------------------
01' Black GT
2 chamber Flows Mach 460, Leather 17"thrust wheels, bassanni x-pipe with cats, BBK Cold Air, Steeda pullies and timing adjuster @ 13*, Steeda Satin Shift Knob
Tri-ax shifter A pillar Double gauge pod, Auto meter White Phantom Gauges Fuel Pressure and Vac, Richmond 3:73's
Steeda Subframe Connectors.Strut Tower Brace
13.41 @ 102.1mph

01 BLACK GT is offline   Reply With Quote