MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-18-2000, 08:20 PM   #1
BLK99GT
Registered Member

Cool spending my refund

When I get my tax refund this is what my plan is ,FMS 3:73's ,pully's (what brand?)
and a cat-back (probably Dynomax Magnums)with a X-pipe w/cats (undecided brand)
Do you think I'm putting my $ in the right places on my aode 99GT, all i have so far is K+N .What X-pipe and pully's do you recomend?

------------------
BLK99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2000, 11:12 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Smile

BLK99,
I think you're on the right track. I think that 99 autos need some sort of a chip for the speedo compensation to 3.73s.
I've never had any problems with my FMS pulleys. (Be advised that they are blue, and may not match any engine "dress-up" you may have going on.)
As far as X-pipes, although a bit expensive, you can't go wrong with Bassini...

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 02-18-2000).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2000, 12:18 PM   #3
96GTBYYOU
Registered Member

Bassani was expensive.....but I love it. Sounds great and makes better HP than the Mac H-pipe. I would use ASP pullies - a little more expensive but uses a one-piece design that is preferable to the "piggy-back" type. Good luck!

------------------
96GT, Vortech S-Trim, 3.73, Bassani X, Flows, 70mm TB, Subs, Mega-Bite Jr.Lower rear Ctrl Arms, FMS Uppers, Ripper, and a bunch of other $tuff I can't seem to remember!
96GTBYYOU is offline   Reply With Quote