View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
SilverSN95
Registered Member

Default Starting Problems

Here is my problem,

When the car is hot, after running for 20+ minutes and given a little time to heat soak it doesn't always want to fire back up. It only ever has this starting problem when hot. This problem isn't consistant though. Today was a good example. I ran it for 30 minutes, semi hard and parked it for 20 minutes. When I went back in to fire it up it wouldn't. If I turn the key to the on position I hear the pump come on for a few seconds then stop. When I go to crank the engine it cranks but will not start. It seems to crank over just fine. Then after about the 10th attempt, and 10 minutes later it cranks and fires like there is nothing wrong.

Sometimes when it is hot it will crank but when it fires it seems slow to do so. Sometimes it just won't until it has cooled down. Today was strange in that is seemed like it just wouldn't but then all of a sudden it started normally. I have been having this problem along with it stalling for now reason if idling for extended periods of time. During the winter I would fire it up and let it idle for 20minutes in the garage and sometimes it would stop running with no indicated problems. No stumbling or anything, it would just stop. When this happened it wouldn't start again until it cooled down.

I changed out the ignition module late last year and also changed the fuel pump last month in hopes of stopping this from happening to no use.

Anyone have any suggestions?
STEEDA TRI-AX Shifter
MAC pulleys
SilverSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote