MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-11-2000, 11:34 PM   #1
BLK99GT
Registered Member

Angry strut tower brace

I just got my steeda strut tower brace on today and it was nothing but problems!We had to modify the MAC cold air kit, move several wireing harnesses,and squeeze it next to the fuse panel on the drivers side and a little panel on the passenger side. It also was very hard to get behind the firewall to bolt down the back.It does seem to stiffen up the front, but needs a patient person to deal with it.The pullies went on much easier,only had to move the coolent overflow out of the way to get at the alternator bolt.

------------------
1999 GT AOD,FMS 70MM TB,Steeda pullies,Dynomax Super Turbos,MAC cold air kit,Steeda strut tower brace,ATS-III seq. turn signals
BLK99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2000, 07:00 AM   #2
Ripper
Registered Member

Wink

I know how you feel. A friend and I installed the Steeda pulleys and strut tower brace on my 99GT a few weeks ago. The directions for the pulleys were not descriptive enough and we had to learn the hard way. I wrote to Steeda about my complaints and they had their techs check out what I was saying and they got back to me with a response. I was impressed by their action and I love their products (a little expensive but top notch).
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2000, 11:04 AM   #3
GT4U2NV
Registered Member

I was planning on getting the Steeda Strut Tower Brace also, I was hoping it would fit around the Kar Kraft Ram air that uses the hood scoop. From your experience do you think it would?

------------------
2000 Mustang GT Convertible
Spring Feature Special Edition
Black/Black/Charcoal
Bone Stock
GT4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2000, 12:21 PM   #4
Ripper
Registered Member

I'm guessing that you may have a problem. I'm not familiar with the Kar Kraft ram air but if you're utilizing the hood scoop I would call Steeda (954-960-0774).
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2000, 06:14 PM   #5
BLK99GT
Registered Member

I've seen the Kar Kraft hood scoop on their site and I'm sure the cold air box wont be in the way and it looks like they use the stock plastic pipe from the box to the TB.The hood scoop attached to the underside of the hood might fit depending how far back it goes and how thick it is.It would probably have to be in front of the alternator to fit.If you can get some measurements from car craft, I can tell you how much room the brace takes up.Let me know how it goes cause that scoop looks interesting!

------------------
1999 GT AOD,FMS 70MM TB,Steeda pullies,Dynomax Super Turbos,MAC cold air kit,Steeda strut tower brace,ATS-III seq. turn signals
BLK99GT is offline   Reply With Quote