MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-03-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
waldoo28
Registered Member

Question Supercharger?

I asked a lot of questions about heads and NOS lately. After looking at the costs and risks I have decided that I will just add a supercharger to my stang. I have read that ATI's procharger provides the most hores w/ it's intercooled system. The local expert prefers to work with Vortech, because he feels that they are dependable and offer a good warranty. Like all other parts its about choices and I feel this is the best place to ask for opinions. Anyone that has a supercharger please tell me about the good AND bad things that have happened to you. I am looking at purchasing my power adder in late March, so all advice is appreciated.

------------------
96 GT: MAC CAI, 87MM MAM, 70MM TB, MAC 2.5" h w/cats, American Thunder catback, 373, FMS pulleys, Ripper Shifter, PPIII, 160 thermostat.
Yet to put on: MAC control arms/lowering springs, Steeda timing adjuster.
waldoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
waldoo28
Registered Member

Smile

I meant ATI provides the most HORSES, sorry

------------------
96 GT: MAC CAI, 87MM MAM, 70MM TB, MAC 2.5" h w/cats, American Thunder catback, 373, FMS pulleys, Ripper Shifter, PPIII, 160 thermostat.
Yet to put on: MAC control arms/lowering springs, Steeda timing adjuster.
waldoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 02:13 PM   #3
Stefan
Registered Member

Talking

Sorry, I really don't have anything to offer info wise... I just couldn't stop laughing when I read your post. Typos can be b*tch sometimes can't they
One of the Stang rags had a good article a while back about the differences in the different superchargers (power output, reliability, etc.) - I'll check to see where that is. If I find it I could send you a scan. Someone is bound to offer up some good info though.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
Both are slow but easy on the eyes!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 08:34 PM   #4
shifty
Registered Member

i have the svo blower. it is complete (also fool proof) with injectors and new computor, not just a chip. it brings the 96-98 cars up to the 99+ power level. if you want more power look at the vortech or paxton. JMHO, shifty.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 12:59 PM   #5
jereSilver00
Registered Member

Question

I too am looking to get a s/c. If anyone has any info on intercooled and aftercooled which one is better?? And I have heard a lot of good things about Procharger, is Vortex the way to go??

------------------
I have a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/Black Top
The current mods-
3.73 gears, Cold air induction kit,Super Chip, Flowmaster Mufflers, K&N Air Filter, Torq Thrust II Rim's, Bosh platinum +4
I also have a black reflective embossed decal, Mustang GT windshield
decal, Black Tint all around, a neon (blue) under car kit, neon license plates, neon pedals, white out dash kit which is neon blue at night,headlight black out covers,and a Tonneau cover getting preped for Spring.

jereSilver00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 09:02 PM   #6
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

DISCLAIMER-----
SVO blower owner who has seen and heard a lot.
I think your research is on the money. You are spot on. But ... if your installer of choice is more comfortable with Vortech you should really take that into account.
Currenly, ATI is the big boy on the block but Vortech is very reliable and strong.
Advice - going with either won't be bad but the difference is only a few hp.
Having a 96 GT the best blower minus any other mods is ATI.

Note: for now. Vortech will be developing a variant to talk about but well after your deadline. (March)

Go with the ATI blower but make certain you review how much fuel you will need to make the most out of your combination.
Suggestion: 42# inj and 255 fuel pump
This is getting long so ...
Intercooled is better. Aftercooled ...
Not as helpful.

------------------
SMOKE
Personalized Black 98 SVO Blown ROUSH without the side exhaust
Dyno 303rwhp 338rwtrq
Still working out the kinks!!!

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote