MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-31-2001, 12:56 AM   #1
v8powered
Registered Member

Question suspension help

I have an upgrades suspension on my 99 GT and there is now a loud squeeking noise coming from the sway bar bushing area. I have polyurethane bushings on there, so should I pull them off and greese them up or what. Should I use grese or silicone lubricant or what. The noise makes the car sound like it is a piece o crap or something. Just recently started to do it so I don't know why, and the left side makes no noise. Any help is appreciated.
v8powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 01:20 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Front sway bar I guess. What parts are you using?
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 01:22 PM   #3
v8powered
Registered Member

I am using Saleen all Racecraft (Saleen) parts. I don't know if I should lube up the bushings or not. Has anyone had this experience in the past?? It only squeeks loud when going over bumbs at a slow speed or on speed bumps (then it is really loud). Thanks for any help...
v8powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 12:28 PM   #4
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Yes, I had the same problem with my 99gt, man did I ever hate that noise I remember turning the volume up so I didn't have to hear that noise.
When I took it to the dealer they told me that the left lower arm was making the noise (I was so sure that the noise came from the rear right side). Anyway they replace the lower arm (they even gave the bad one) and the noise is gone.
I also have a steeda sway bar in the rear. Even though it was not making noise I noticed that it was touching the rear axle panel. This weekend I took everything out and put back, but I pulled it backwards so now it stays about half inch away from the axle.
Hey have you seen the Kenny Brown uper and lower control arms for the front and the rear?, man they kick butts, I want to get some for my car.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote