MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-26-2001, 05:38 PM   #1
bark3rd
Registered Member

Question Timing adj, pulleys on....check engine light is too

Just installed my new steeda timing adjuster and pulley kit! The car runs killer and is noticeably more powerful, track test soon. The "service engine light is now on" I can only guess it is because the timing setting is now different than what the computer thinks it should be (the new setting is 13 deg). Steeda said nothing about this happening in any of the instructions, what's the deal? It's a long weekend and Steeda is closed or I would have called them. Should I go find someone with a reset tool or is there something else I should worry about?

------------------
Black 2000 GT,5 spd,17" wheels,4:10's,flowmasters Steeda pulleys, timing adjuster, K&N filter
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

You shouldn't get a check engine light from the TA. If it is the TA its probably the distance from the sensor to the trigger wheel is not set right. I would double check it, and if correct have the codes read to see what the problem is.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote