View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
Torinalth
Registered Member

very nice writeup, and very similer to my own findings...

one thing to take into account though... is how do you want to do in corners.... if you like to corner HARD like i do, then you need a tire with a very stiff sidewall.. when i was looking to get my tires i handled the sumitumo and the kumhos..... i could flex the sidewall easily with my hands, and if i can do that with my hands, then what my 90# turn at 40 going to do to it....

i have not handled the yohko, so i cant comment on that one, but the nitto and BFG were very nice... the nitto ave almost no flex unless i realy wrenched it... and with its price, and grip, was the obvious choice for me.... the BFG would NOT flex, period... and if i had the extra cash (and never seen them for as cheap as he listd) i woulda gotten them..... but price made me get the nitto NT555 Extreme IIs.

i have never seen that continental so i dunno about its sidewall flex...

on a side note for longevity... I've had my 555s for 5000 miles and cant notice a difference in tread wear... nice even wear and still look new (except for the semi chalky feet from all the construction where i live, damn trucks)

Torinalth