View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE
Registered Member

Default Something to think about

Just remember that performance oriented tires are going to be loud because the softer the rubber the more slapping affect the tread has when the contact patch meets the road. Performance tires should ride better than lower rated tires... As to the original post, Eagle F1 Gs's is about the best riding tire you can by (I speak from experience)... and i say that to say this... don't forget what kind of kind of car you are ridding in. Mustangs aren't supposed to ride good (although compaired to Camaro's and firebirds, they ride like Caddy's). Its a performance car, not a limo... ... I do however think that the F1's Have a little road noise to them... but If your more concerned about the ride than the noise... U should pick up some New shocks and suspension components.

But if you just want to change tires and u want some suggestions on what to put on the car... BFGoodrich, Nitto, Falken, Kumho, pirelli, or any of the various Japanese brands are good replacements.

The original tires on the car were 245/45 17 BFGoodrich Comp T/As I think ... They are probably a good tires considering ford used them As Original Equipment... Just a few things to think about... hope it helps...
Ported Factory Heads, New Performance valvetrain , BBK 62MM TB, Sean Hyland Spec Stage One Cams, Dual Friction Centerforce Clutch, Steeda Tri-ax, Mac Cold Air, Saleen Wheels (18x9 & 18x10), Among other things...

"I Like anything Fast Enough to Do Something Stupid In"
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote