MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
powerband chaser 302
Registered Member

Exclamation Tranny shake\ bad mount?

I think this may be a trans mount but im not too sure. When trying to park or moving short distances uphill in forward and reverse I hear my trans shudder or shake. It only happens when its under load then I suddenly push the clutch in. Its not a clutch sound. Its like I can hear the parts inside the trans shake left to right. If im on level ground and just drive normal from a stop first gear is normal no sound. Then second gear sometimes seems to have a lag to it. I let the clutch out all the way then a half second later I feel it engage. But it only does this sometimes. The shifter is stock and I dont feel or see anything out of the norm. Any ideas?

2003 GT 5spd
Charcoal Grey
Mac Exhaust with Cut-outs
powerband chaser 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:12 AM   #2
Jeff Chambers

Default Re: Tranny shake\ bad mount?

There should be no type of delay. Everything inside the tranny is direct coupled so if you've got a delay in engagement, its got to be clutch related.
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
powerband chaser 302
Registered Member

Exclamation Re: Tranny shake\ bad mount?

I guess it could be clutch related but it just dosnt feel that way to me. If the drivetrain is already under load it wont happen. Like the energy is being sent to twist the trans inside the tunnel instead of the driveshaft. Thats where the delay is in loading the trans then when the trans has no where else to go the power is then send to the driveshaft then to the wheels. Then when I push the clutch in fast the trans is released from the torque and then rocks back into place making the shuttering shaking left to right sound I get. This is what im guessing at so far but untill sunday I wont have a chance to look at it. Does this make sense to you guys or anybody else have something similar happen? Then if it were clutch what would I look for that would cause something like this?

2003 GT 5spd
38,000 miles
powerband chaser 302 is offline   Reply With Quote