MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-18-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
Modmadness01
Registered Member

Unhappy Transgo & 4R70W trans problem blinking O/D light

2 weeks ago i bought a transgo shift kit for my 98 4.6 mustang gt w/aode/4r70w tranny, after i got done with the install i satarted the car and drove and i noticed the overdrive light was constantly blinking. So i took it to a tranny shop and they told me it needed re-building so thank God for a good warranty, after all is said and done the new tranny was put in and i still have the blinking light I double checked what the shop did including taking the pan back off and making sure everthing including the wire harnes connections were good and tight even where the male and female contacts are in the harnes. Ive also tried resetting the computer OBD II by taking off the battery connections on both +,,,-- ..started the car agian and the light stopped blinking so i drove around for a while and about 2 miles up the road it starts over agian ??????????? I'm clueless any help would be very appreciated. P.S it has no shift kit in it now and has a new valvebody

Greg
Modmadness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Geez, sounds like fun.. I wish I could offer advice about this, I was actually looking at doing the same kit to my auto, and I too have a 98 4.6 ,,, hope this isn't what i have to look forward to getting a shift kit. If you or someone else finds the answer to this, please post it..

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote