MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Modular Madness (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tri-Ax for the TR 3650 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=14588)

St_Brawler 07-05-2001 10:56 PM

Tri-Ax for the TR 3650

I got my new tri-ax for my GT, and for the first few weeks it felt really solid and stiff thru all the gears, about 2-3 days ago, it was raining and after trashing 1st, 2nd and 3rd thrue the water, I began on my way home. about 15 min later while in 3rd I hear a knock... Now I don't know if something hit the bottom of my car or what, and I don't know if that noise made me paranoid or what. But now I hear gear noise in 1st a dn 2nd, and shifter feels a little bit more loose. Is it supposed to loosen up after a while, and is it normal to hear the gear noise with that shifter ??? The car still drive good and I can still trash the first 3 gears.... It's MY first 5 speed. I've driven 5 speeds and I know how to drive one..... I was just wondering if all tht id comon or am I just paranoid cus I hear a noise ????

------------------
2001 GT Convertible 5 Spd

Steeda Timing Adjuster, Tri-Ax Shifter, Strut Tower Brace, Caster/Camber.
Tokico 5-way Adj. // F.M.S. Cobra R Springs // Custom Lower/Upper Arms

14.2 @ 97 MPH

97snakedriver 07-05-2001 11:49 PM

Well. The Tri-ax does transmit more noise then stock...

But if I were you, just to make myself feel better, I'd pull the boot off, retorque the bolts, and re-adjust the stops. Can't hurt anything and would make me feel more comfortable.

St_Brawler 07-06-2001 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 97snakedriver:
Well. The Tri-ax does transmit more noise then stock...

But if I were you, just to make myself feel better, I'd pull the boot off, retorque the bolts, and re-adjust the stops. Can't hurt anything and would make me feel more comfortable.

I was going to take it in to the dealer. Should I drop it off and have them take a look at it, to make sureI didn't break anything??? Or should I retorque it and re adjust the stop. I was goin to be away for a bussiness meeting in Vegas and thought I would drop it off. Should I even bother with the dealer or not ???

97snakedriver 07-06-2001 12:46 AM

I wouldn't mess with the dealer. There's really nothing that they will do that you can't, plus they'll charge you for it.

If it is shifting fine then I don't think there is anything wrong. I'd just re-adjust it for my own comfort more then anything else. The added noise was a little disconcerting to me, although its normal and to be expected.

Thinking back on it my Tri-Ax "loosened up" a bit after the initial install also. It hasn't changed since then, but there was a bit of a difference from brand new to almost new.

blue00gt 07-06-2001 12:09 PM

If you think something might be wrong with your tranny, definitely don't take it to your dealer with the Tri-Ax on it as they will not honor the warranty because of it. I would agree with what others said about just re-torquing the bolts as a first step. If that does not help and you are still worried, put the stock shifter back on and compare to before the Tri-Ax install.

St_Brawler 07-06-2001 08:48 PM

Thanks, I put the stock shifter back on. Good Lord !!!!! I though I was gona break it when I first put my hand on it. Most of the noise is gone. No real grinding or anything, just a zoom... It still drive's great. I'll put the tri-ax back on and go from there. Thanks for all the help