MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-20-2002, 07:57 AM   #1
surfbeast
Registered Member

Default Upgrades for new Supercharger

Just Got my new supercharger ( powerdyne ). a perfect used unit with everything included. Now the question is what do I need to upgrade and what should I get? I know the fuel pump needs upgraded but I have heard that you can get some type of in line pump, what is the best way to go? Also, do I NEED to go to bigger injectors? Can I run on the stock 19# ers for a while? I don't plan on going to the track any time soon, just crusing around town on nice days untill spring. Is there anything else you can suggest I purchase? For now I'm more concerned about things I have to have, not things that would just increse the output .

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-20-2002, 07:35 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

what psi is the blower? i'm assuming 9lbs? You can get a walbro inline pump..i forget what part number at the moment but my buddy has it in his 96 Vobra. I'll ask him tonight and get the specs on it. You'd be fine with the injectors for right now. However if you plan on running it at the track or so you need to upgrade to around 30lb's. Good luck with it and have fun.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #3
wade73
Registered Member

i would suggest this:

take an inventory of what you do have. then contact powerdyne (or a powerdyne dealer) , get a list of everything that would come with the kit brand new. compare the two lists and go from there!

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON"
wade73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: