MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
-viscid-01-GT-
Registered Member

Default Vortech Supercharger

Okay, I decided to go with a vortech supercharger, the SQ S-trim. I found a dealer that sells one for $2399.99. I wrote them an email with a ton of questions and they replied with this . . .

++++++++++++

Jordan,

If you contact us directly we will sell you the Vortech kit with the Aftercooler w/ free shipping. You will need to purchase a battery relocation kit seperately though for $149.99 and we will offer you free shipping with that also. Now make sure you read the facts on the kit we have on ebay below:

The Vortech kit's we have on ebay are tuner kits as stated. We have designed the Vortech tuner kits with Vortech Engineers specifically for us. The kit ships to you directly from Vortech in a factory sealed box. They are complete supercharger kits with warranty. They do not include the following parts:
1) Ignition Chip Coupon - (This chip is only for a stock Mustang w/ no modifications. So if you have exhaust, gears or anything else you will have to get the chip reburned at your cost. Most guys dyno and custom tune their Mustang's anyway so why pay for something if you have to redo it? Why be stuck with a smog legal chip when you can make more power with a custom burned chip? We have many custom chip burners that we recommend to our customer's.)

1) FMU w/ Lines - (Depending on what size injectors you choose to upgrade to this item may be deleted from the your specific application all together. We can supply you this item for only $179.99 seperately if needed.)

1) T-Rex Assembly (We do not suggest using this inline fuel pump assembly as it is just a bandaid for the real problem in your fuel system. We suggest upgrading your factory intank fuel pump with a Walbro GSS340 255lph High Pressure intank fuel pump for a supercharged application. We can supply you this item for only $99.99)

If you would like the kit that is 100% complete the way they are advertised on Vortech's website they are $3299.99 through us. We figure why spend the extra $800 for parts you are not going to use. Spend your money wisely and tune your Mustang custom per your application and specifications.

++++++++++++++++++

They also have the after cooler for $1399.99. Thus bringing the total cost to $3900 not inclusing tax, also free shipping!! If I got the complete package from Vortech the entire thing would run $4800, Plus shipping. Is it worth almost a $1000 for the three missing items??

Also, how essential is the after cooler, whats it do and do i want it?

Thanx for any feedback...
-viscid-01-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 02:40 PM   #2
VeNuM
Registered Member

Sounds like a deal, what dealer is this btw? I'm looking for a deal as well. 1. FMU, no, get a custom burned chip, new injectors, and MAF, you WILL be happier with performance and gas mileage. 2. I would go for that 255lph pump though, you will need that, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. An aftercooler (intercooler) cools the air coming out of the supercharger. By compressing the air (what the blower does) it creates friction inbetween the molecules and serverely heats up the air. This cooler, makes the air cooler and allows for more timing to be run, thus more power. IMO it's worth it and I will be purchasing one with my Vortech kit. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 03:22 PM   #3
-viscid-01-GT-
Registered Member

The dealer is

+++++
We have some of the best prices in the country on brand new high performance parts for domestic and import applications. Please feel free to contact us with your needs.

You can contact us at sales@musclemotors.com or (818) 888-7778 (8am-6pm M-F & 9am-12 Sat. PST) for more information or to place your order today.

MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance
sales@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818) 888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"
+++++

They seem very legit, and they carry a ton of manufactures. I am going to order the sc within the week. Another question i have is, "what pulley's do i go with?". AND HOW HARD IS THE INSTALL. i PLAN ON DOING IT MYSELF AS A WEEKEND JOB . . . THANX AGAIN
Old 05-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #4
mellow98cobra
Registered Member

Default after cooler (inner cooler)

inner coolers, cool the air that goes into the intake. when you compress air it heats up. the problem with that is the hotter air will cause hotter temps in the combustion chember and mabie pre det. witch will cause more nock not a good thing. but its your money.....
mellow98cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:45 AM   #5
SleeperGT
Registered Member

Wow that is an awsome deal. Very wise advice from that dealer. They really sound like they know there stuff. I have wasted plenty of money upgrading my Vortech components. I replaced the Vortech chip (which was a Superchip) with a Diablo ($300), I'm about ready to replace the injectors from 30 pounders to 42 pounds (another $350).
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's
Steeda Lower Control Arms
358 rwhp (Mustang Dyno)

New Track Times Coming Soon
SleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 11:53 AM   #6
-viscid-01-GT-
Registered Member

So after heavy consideration. I have decided to go with the deal he is gong to give me . . . I went looking at new saleen's, since there is a saleen dealer about 10 mins away, and they wanted $1000/ mo for 72 months. WOW! but that was with my trade in and $3000 grand, basically pays off my car and $3000 pays for registration and tags etc. The saleen was a 2003 light blue convertible, with speedster package, lightbar, glass for sprts bar, 18" chrome wheels, 10" brake disc all the way around and some baddass pirelli tires, not to mention the supercharger and all the other saleen throw on's. But off the line it has 375hp. If I go with this vortech with intercooler, I am promised 410!! After I realized that the saleen wasn't going to happen and the dillhole wouldnt let me test drive it, (jokingly asked him) I have decided to go with this deal from these guys, and buy my saleen body kit, which I love, and just continue to upgrade my car to how I want it and save myself $600 a month. Not to mention the insurance increase. Anyone know where to get those steeda shift knobs that come on the Q400? And how much a paint job would run me on a body kit to match my color of my car?? Thanks again pple!!!