MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2002, 03:46 PM   #221
FlatBrokeCustoms
Registered Member

Default O bruthur, yous gy's iz shure intellygunt...

The SVT tech from Florida has got to be related to the numbnut in Texas.... How could he overlook such a blatent diss? I mean I understand what it means when someone calls you inbred.... Hey, Dipsh*t. You were just insulted.... I don't think I'd even let these SVT "techs" work on my bicycle.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:07 PM   #222
jimbo858
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrotchrocketCBR
im a tech at an SVT dealership here in FL, and i cannot wait untill another 03 cobra comes in, because i will beat the living piss out of that car, just becuase you got this tech fired.
Ding...ding...ding...

We've found Assholio #2!!!
jimbo858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:24 PM   #223
digital3.3

Angry

any tech or mechanic that rags on or beats the piss out of a customers cars need a good beating. if i ever found out about someone doing that with my car i would either punch him in the face till something broke or stomp him with my cork boots (many spikes on the sole of the boot). bloody losers they are.

yeah and this thing has reached our clubs site in vancouver too www.vancouverstangers.com .

Last edited by digital3.3; 09-29-2002 at 02:17 AM..
Old 09-28-2002, 04:47 PM   #224
modulistic
Registered Member

just checking in from www.LS1.com

for those that dont know what a LS1 is, its the engine that can be found in 97-up Corvettes and 98-up Fbodies (camaro-firebirds)

The real reason this guy got canned was for posting someones license plate on a public forum.

I think he was lying about doing 140, most people that brag like this also stretch the truth as well.
modulistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:53 PM   #225
Blue01GT
Registered Member

wow this thing is up to 15 pages now? i havent posted on it since page 2

OK everyone on the internet now hates me and thinks im a moron for defending this guy. ill concede that my comments were innapropriate. I was trying to point out that he indulged in a guilty pleasure that MOST of us would have done as well. Dont pretend you are all perfect, right minded people that wouldnt have taken advantage of the situation as well. We all know ourselves inside and know that while it is not right, we would have done the same thing.

I of course would have been pissed too. He deserves what he got, and it sure looks like this has been a happy ending: He got fired, wont be able to be a mechanic anywhere in the USA, the cobra is (thankfully) ok, and im sure the owner will be compensated in some way.

I want to apologize for my earlier comments (so please try to stop flaming ive been flamed enough) but even the forum moderator was singing a similar tune to mine initially.

just think before you judge. Think about what you would do with those keys in your hand.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Old 09-28-2002, 05:07 PM   #226
x8086x1
Registered Member

What a saga.

I'm always the last to hear of these things--I had to follow a link from the FatWallet Finance forums to find my way over here.

The worst part of this? This guy was closer to the norm than the exception.

When my current car was 1 week old I took it to my normal country club. On the 3rd hole, I see my $63,000 automobile flying across the *GRASS* behind the club!

Needless to say, I immediately got the club manager, we both met the valet on his way back in. The guy had a bottle of Gatorade and a candy bar with him--took my car to the convenience store!!

Anyhow, as many have said, our thoughts are with the owner of this car. A 2003 Cobra is an amazing machine, and the owners of this car deserve whatever reparations may come their way. I have bookmarked this thread and the svtforums thread, looking forward to seeing developments down the road.

Good luck!
x8086x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:14 PM   #227
Mach1Pilot
Registered Member

Default I suspect you still don't get it....

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue01GT

just think before you judge. Think about what you would do with those keys in your hand.
No flame here, but I will observe that as long as you continue to think that most people would do what stangman did, your judgement remains suspect. By far the vast majority of people do NOT abuse property that does not belong to them. They DO recognize that the success of of a free society depends on treating each other with respect even when no one is looking.

My experience has been that those who suggest that "everyone does it" are just rationalizing away their own antisocial tendencies and trying to make them seem acceptable. That statement may not apply to you; I don't know you and can't make that judgement. My point is that it has generally applied to the people I've known who made similar arguments to yours in other situations and THOSE people were generally prone to a lack of respect for other people and their property.

You will need to decide if this particular shoe fits. I hope for your sake that it doesn't. And BTW, I am 49, do have gray hair, AND own 2 classic Mustangs that I'm not especially gentle with, plus a '68 Cougar undergoing restoration. I've been driving and racing since I was 16. I've done dumb things and survived them, but I never kidded myself afterward that they weren't dumb just the same.
Mach1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:27 PM   #228
Bankheist
Registered Member

Default Sympathies from the Texas Impreza Club

Texas Impreza Club checking in... this is an atrocity!

This kind of crap just is just plain bad news. I work for a dealership, and yes, the tech's will do everything in their power to PROPERLY diagnose a problem (most of which can be found by plugging into the OBD-II) Our techs will go out and diagnose road problmes at NORMAL operating speeds/situations. See the emphasis on "normal" (not 140mph)

This guy is a moron, plain and simple.

Sorry to hear about this.

-Kevin

2000 Subaru Impreza (The good looking kind)

Proud member of the Texas Impreza Club

Last edited by Bankheist; 09-28-2002 at 05:55 PM..
Bankheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:35 PM   #229
FrigginAnT
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Saw this posted over at www.psronline.org

what a tool.....i havent read this entire thread...but i dont have too.. you just dont do that ****. if it was me....he can keep his job...however he would have a nice meeting with a "slugger"

GET DA BAT!!!!!!

schmacked ***!
RHProductions Car Group
FrigginAnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:46 PM   #230
96 Viper GTS
Registered Member

Heard about this over on the Viperclub.org forum. Serves the tech right to be fired. I work for Ford and it really pisses me off the hear this. And to some people that say people deserve it if they don't work on their own cars. What a shame to think that way. I do all the work on my cars that I can, but if there is a warranty issue I sure as heck would rather have someone else do the work for free.

I bought a used 1996 Viper GTS 3 years ago. It was a month before the original warranty was up, so I brought it in to get a few minor issues fixed since what the hell it was free and wouldn't be in another month. I had one issue that required road testing-which was a rattle in my rear hatch. Kinda bugged me you know. Anyways, I go to pick the car up after a few days and I over hear some mechanic in the back room bragging about see that Viper sitting outside, well I raced my buddies Vette with it and this and that. Then I get in the car and there are 40 miles on the odometer from when I dropped it off, 40 miles to road test for a rattle!!!! Plus the a hole scratched my dash bad when they took my CD player out for repair and they overfill the crankcase oil by 3 quarts. Frickin great. Then the service manager tells me his tech said this is the fastest Viper he has ever driven. Thanks a lot, I really wanted to hear that. And all the service manager does after I fill his ear with all this is offer me a free oil change. A free oil change!!!!! Well F you Bob Saks Dodge dealership in Farmington Hills, Michigan. I won't go back there again and told all my Viper owning buddies not to either.

Then a year later I get rear-ended slightly and take it to a body shop. I write down the mileage and when I pick it up there are 25 extra miles on it and a near EMPTY gas tank instead of half full like I left it. The manager said the car never left his lot and they kept it inside the whole time. But, I see pictures on there own website with my car sitting outside in the rain. But, I began to doubt if I put down the right mileage and believed the manager since he seemed honest, UNTIL I unfortunatley get rear-ended again 6 months later and I over-hear this conversation in the back room. Did you guys see that Viper out there? It is so sweet, I wonder what it is like to drive it? Then some other guy in the back room said the last time I had it in they took and drove it up and down the street for a long time and had a blast with it.

Some people have said this can be considered Grand Theft Auto as the person has driven it without your permission. Good thing this isn't the wild west or I would have shot the Viper mechanic and body shop mechanic DEAD in their tracks!!!!!!!!!!

Justice has been served against this dumb *** Mustang tech. Cheers to the owner of the car that got him fired. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa. Won't be any cars he can joy ride in at Burger King.

Unfortunately there are a lot of techs like this out there in all brands of car dealerships, so beware. There are a lot of good ones too, but unfortunately it only takes one bad one to give the dealership a bad name.

Last edited by 96 Viper GTS; 09-28-2002 at 06:37 PM..
96 Viper GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:47 PM   #231
TEXAN AVIATOR
Registered Member

Location: USU for Aviation Training *College station,Tx is Home*

Dumb *** ******!

B303 Roller Camshaft, 70mm Tb, Timing Bump, 2 Row Alum Radiator, BBK 1-5/8" Equal Length Headers, Mac 2.5in Off-Road H pipe, Flowmaster 2ch, Dumps, K&N, Cold Air Induction, King Cobra Clutch, Steeda Adjustable Clutch Quadrant Kit, Hurst Shifter, Mac Underdrive Pulleys, FMS 3:73 Gears, 17/9 Speedware Cobra R Replica Wheels, Yokahama 275/40/17s, Headlight Kit/ Lx Tails,
TEXAN AVIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 06:06 PM   #232
AFrikinGoodTime
Registered Member

Another TERRORIST act performed in September and with the magnitude of responses, Might I suggest giving this Ex ford tech a perminent nickname:

THE 5.0 TERRORIST
AFrikinGoodTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 07:03 PM   #233
K2 Celica
Registered Member

celica.net now is aware of the situation also! wow you are beyond screwed. i feel for anyone whos had this happen to them.

Weapon Of Choice: 97 Celica ST

97 woodward dreamcruise edition Stang GT vert
K2 Celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 07:25 PM   #234
rudiger
Registered Member

Default Why I traded my '01 Cobra

www.bimmer.org (E46 board) has the article, now, too.

This is a BIG reason why I traded my '01 Cobra in on an '03 BMW 330Ci.

Lot techs at dealerships that deal with all price groups of cars (particularly the entry-level models) just seem to go ape when they get a hold of one of the pricier, high-performance rides. I'm talking about the domestic manufacturers like Chevy, Ford and Dodge. It's not much fun wailing on a base 4-door Cavalier or Neon but a 405hp Corvette or Viper? Yee-haw! I suppose that the Nissan lot-techs are going to have a field day when the 350Zs start coming in for routine work, too.

I'm hoping that if the lot-techs are used to moving high-dollar rides around like Benz, Lexus, Porsche and their ilk (and anal-retentive owners of said cars who pay extra attention to them), they'll be a whole lot less likely to be beating on the cars when they get the chance.

Man, after reading this saga, am I glad I traded my Cobra.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:49 PM   #235
cynthetiq
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue01GT
I did think... and do think EVERY moment of the waking moment of the day. Keys in my hand? Means someone trusts me.. not you not anyone else, and if I EVER want to have those keys or any keys like it ever again, I have to make sure that I treat the object with the most respect I can.

Now if it was mine, and my hard earned money that paid to place that key into my hand. Different story.
cynthetiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:07 PM   #236
Gaming-Module
Registered Member

I am the owner of a lowly Atlantic Blue 99 Mustang Coupe. I heard about this on various computer hardware and pc game enthusiast sites, and despite the lowliness of my vehicle I can still sympathize with the victims of this blatent lack of maturity.

These kinds of people use the same reasoning as petty thieves and burgalers to justify their actions to their peers and I'm sick and tired of it.

Quote:
Originally posted by CrotchrocketCBR
im a tech at an SVT dealership here in FL, and i cannot wait untill another 03 cobra comes in, because i will beat the living piss out of that car, just becuase you got this tech fired.
May I be the first to recommend that this moron's IP and a copy of his post be submitted to Ford Motor Company?

If Ford requests the IP of the user and threatens legal action, I am pretty sure that the webmaster must divulge the IP number. Either way I am reporting this post to a few PR contacts I know at Ford HQ in Dearborn. I am sure they would be interested in getting these kinds of morons as far away from their brand as possible, since it is little morons like these that tarnish a businesses image.

Once they have the IP it is only a matter of finding out which ISP the IP leads to and then the ISP will pretty much give Ford the name, number and address attached to it.

The Internet does not afford you as much anonymity as you might think.
Gaming-Module is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:19 PM   #237
Syclone#892
Registered Member

Saw this on www.syty.net. All I can say is wow, I read all of it and it is mind blowing that people would defend this idiot. I hope justice is served and you get a new car at least. I work for a firestone dealer and have the same urges but I hold back, maybe its because its nothing new or its just I respect the person that much, I don't know but I agree with what some people said, You live in texas time for a cook out Flip the switch. If I ever take my Syclone anywhere and found out this happened I can't even imagine what I would do. All I can say is good luck hopefully everything will work out in the end for you, sorry to hear about that.
GMC Syclone #892
'92 Chevy S-10 lowered 2/2, camaro rims, Autometer gauges
http://community.webshots.com/user/syclone892
The above site has some pics of my Sy

Last edited by Syclone#892; 09-28-2002 at 09:42 PM..
Syclone#892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:26 PM   #238
DGE_INTRPD
Registered Member

what a moron... what a loser... what a real *********. Really. And those of you who defend him? Wow. Wish I could be the one to drive YOUR cars... I would trash your car in a heartbeat and say "Yo, dude, it was soooooo cool."

He violated the customer's trust for the care and maintenance of her sports car. He displayed a type of unprofessionalism that will keep him moving from job to job... he abused a car that wasn't his (a plague of the younger generation is "oh well, it isn't mine, but what the hell..."). He out and outright committed a crime which he SHOULD be arrested for and punished both criminally and civilly... but unfortunately, the US court system is weak and you would probably get some lame judge to let him off on the 'first offense'.

If it was MY car, I would find the dude and destroy him.

-R
DGE_INTRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:29 PM   #239
gilbo
Registered Member

i saw this story on d silveradoss.com site, man u have got 2b d dumbest *** 2 do such a thing and 2 post on a message forum

racerat sorry 2 hear about what happenedto your cobra, this fool needs 2b taken out back , and get d livin **** beat out of him.
gilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:36 PM   #240
ALTIMAS.NET
Registered Member

Greetings from Altimas.net

Just wanted to say that we feel your pain and send our condolences. The idiot got what he deserved!

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=61054
ALTIMAS.NET is offline   Reply With Quote