MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 05:59 AM   #121
Type3Particle
Registered Member

Just to add to the mayhem, I read about this on the Viper forums and also got wind through the ImpalaSS and Jeep Forums as well.

One peice of advice that was given to me a while back. If you own a rare, or powerful car find a mechanic (or tech) who owns a similarly powerful/rare car. This way, unless they are complete $%^&, they get no real thrill out of you car.

For my car I need to travel 100 miles, but its a small price to pay after reading about this *******'s joyride.

Poor Todd, I exend my condolences and hope you get the justice you obviously deserve.
Type3Particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:02 AM   #122
Vetten
Registered Member

Default Support for racerat

I am a member of the corvetteforum and saw a thread on the situation with your new car and I would be pissed. I’m sure you have been inondated by emails but I have to voice my opinion to you. I copied the link for you to read, I think the post, which I copied an pasted below is some good advice. Most of the time Corvette and Mustang people are usually not in agreement on much but you will see much support in our forum for you. Good luck on getting this issue cleaned up, read carefully below. I think this gentleman makes a lot of sense.

Take care,

Jim

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=396600

Personally I think the dealership and Ford need to be made an example of. Everyone knows this type of crap goes on everyday and it's the nighmare of every entusiast. We all work hard to try to attain the things we want in life that are "special" to us and to see someone not only abuse but brag about trashing this "special" item is unacceptable. Yes the dealer should be held accountable and if they think having to give this woman a new car free of charge is too expensive I would suggest that they revisit their profit and loss statement in about 6 months once this hits the media. Should Ford be held accountable. You bet. All car manufacturers make a lot of noise about owner satisfaction and quality service. Well the rubber is meeting the road now so I think a little friendly persuasion on Ford's part to this dealer is in order. Perhaps suspending his SVT license would sway his opinion. I'm well past 50 and my "dream" is to own a brand new vette that no one except myself has driven. I'm close to being able to do this but not quite there yet. I know that if I finally do attain this "dream" and some wingnut at a dealership abused it I would be out for blood. The line from Wyatt Earp comes to mind when Doc Holiday said "Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after. It's a rekoning." Just my $.02.
Vetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:05 AM   #123
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
Thats what I thought, every new person is more money to him.
Kaspar, get your head out of your asss!!! Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Dan sees this thread for the good it has done, and the fellowship it has created, and feels it would be in everyones best interest to leave it open.

You really insult people sometimes, and it get's old.

Blue01GT-
You are simply the second biggest idiot on this board. I have never said this to another member here before, but you really should leave. If you are a member at RHC, consider your membership terminated.

wade73-
I can't believe I don't know you. I happen to agree with everything you said, and the way in which you said it. I'll have to keep an eye out for you in the future. BTW, you should stop by RHC's new forum, and say hi to everyone. I know you'd get along great.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:11 AM   #124
NX-95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stangman96
thanks for the defense blue01gt, i like it. but i do need to add if i never posted originally, that the owner did say she took it to a speed shop to have it dynoed, they were the ones to attempt to confirm the problem and they were the ones who ran it hard in the first place. and to also add, what makes the owner think the car has no power, they must obviously drive it hard. on and to add more to this post, it was an empty airline strip that has been deserted for a while, so there was no traffic.. thanks all who support and for those who knock it, well, i suggest you try it. in the meantime, i will continue my job and quest for fun, speed, and thrills, or atleast till i get me one..........
by your reasoning, I could come to your house this morning and hop in your little 4.6 and take it for a little 119 mph spin around the county and it would be ok. I mean, you drive it that way, right? or maybe I should drive the little gm pos...
NX-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:15 AM   #125
NX-95
Registered Member

Quote:
thanks for the defense blue01gt, i like it. but i do need to add if i never posted originally, that the owner did say she took it to a speed shop to have it dynoed, they were the ones to attempt to confirm the problem and they were the ones who ran it hard in the first place. and to also add, what makes the owner think the car has no power, they must obviously drive it hard. on and to add more to this post, it was an empty airline strip that has been deserted for a while, so there was no traffic.. thanks all who support and for those who knock it, well, i suggest you try it. in the meantime, i will continue my job and quest for fun, speed, and thrills, or atleast till i get me one..........
oh, one more thing, brother, I hope youve got a good lawyer and one big ole jar of vasoline...
Old 09-27-2002, 06:42 AM   #126
XtremeSVTgirl
Registered Member

I'm pretty sure that's happend to my car when it's been in for service, but I can't prove it. If it were me, you'd be hearing from my lawyer, and so would the dealership!
XtremeSVTgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:08 AM   #127
lx mike
Undescribable

Exclamation

WHOA!!!

I heard about this on every other message board i go to and couldn't get on here till this morning!! I hope something good can come of this beside just the tech losing his job.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:13 AM   #128
KYSouthpaw
Registered Member

Angry

Todd and wife,

I heard about your dilemma on http://www.corvetteforum.com and re-posted it to http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/ I hope it's true that the dirtbag got fired. I also hope the outrage all across the country helps you with compensation from the dealer.

Best of Luck!
KYSouthpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:20 AM   #129
CivicRicer96
Registered Member

i would be pissed if that was my car...if you want to do something like that to a car....do it to your own car...not to someone else's, i cant believe how stupid some people really are
CivicRicer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:21 AM   #130
TekWarren
Registered Member

Unhappy

Just wanted to make a post of condolence for the owners of such beautifull car. After reading the current 9 pages its sad that some think this action was even remotely ok to do. I have learned there is an unspoken respect and trust among most auto enthusiasts and this is something that will damage that. With the explosion of car clubs going online it doesn't take long for word to spread and its so awesome to see the band of all these different groups coming together offering support for this disrespectfull action. Makes me want to check my spedometer and anything else i can think of if I ever have to bring my own ride into a shop.

Anyways representing support from 2GSS.org

www.2gss.org
TekWarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:29 AM   #131
NX-95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TekWarren
Just wanted to make a post of condolence for the owners of such beautifull car. After reading the current 9 pages its sad that some think this action was even remotely ok to do. I have learned there is an unspoken respect and trust among most auto enthusiasts and this is something that will damage that. With the explosion of car clubs going online it doesn't take long for word to spread and its so awesome to see the band of all these different groups coming together offering support for this disrespectfull action. Makes me want to check my spedometer and anything else i can think of if I ever have to bring my own ride into a shop.

Anyways representing support from 2GSS.org
10-4 amen yup tru well and all that
Old 09-27-2002, 07:29 AM   #132
forced347
Registered Member

Quote:
ok ok ok, i guess i didnt think of that, you know, customer being a member, doubtful, but possible... well, be it as it may, i will cross that bridge when i get there...
It looks like that bridge came up prety fast. What an arogant ***....or should I say was an arogant ***.
85 Notch, 351W in progress
www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/7713
forced347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:43 AM   #133
BlueLghtning
Registered Member

I couldn't believe this thread when I started reading it this morning. It has definitely made its way around. I found the link from the TL1000.com motorcycle forum.

It also now on the ATVnation site!

I hope this situation turns out for the best for the mustang owner.
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:52 AM   #134
AnniesSS
Registered Member

Like so many others on this thread.... I only registered to post my opinions....

I'm glad to see that this "Punk" has lost his job. It's unbelievable that someone would do something like drive another person's brand new car up to 140mph..... but what would have happened if he crashed!??!! Not only would he have destroyed a beautiful car, but he could have damaged someone else's property or vehicle and even worse..... could have badly injured, or killed his passenger and anyone else he may have gotten involved into this. And then what?! He sue's the car's owner for something rediculous and she becomes liable!!!!!

To the owners of this Mustang..... do what ever you can to this jack@$$ and the dealership for allowing this to take place. Good luck.

BTW.... I read this thread from www.454ss.com just for the record.
AnniesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:53 AM   #135
XtremeJeep
Registered Member

I am also a jeep owner but it was sent out on our mail list. I post in support for the owner. Either way if you build or buy a rig does not give anyone ELSE the right to abuse it. This is from Ottawa Canada eh?! I am sure from both Ottawa Valley Offroaders http://pacifico.off-road.com/~ovo/ and Ottawa Jeep Cub http://www.jeep-club.org/ give the owner support through this as well. If it was me I would do this to you and your car

I would make sure you were in there too.
XtremeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:17 AM   #136
SSMOKEM
Registered Member

Found the link on my home site, the Impala forum: http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I have to say that the tech got everything he deserved, and I hope the lady gets compensation from the dealer. If it were me, I would pursue it as far as possible.

And to the guys that agreed with him, you suck as much as he did for condoning these actions.

1995 DCM Impala SS "Cherry Bomb"

Mods: 93% stock
Best ETs: Faster than my 1965 Chevy Pickup

My Super Impala SS Website
SSMOKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:53 AM   #137
Sadiztik-R
Registered Member

Alright I found this on Hondasociety http://board.hondasociety.com/showth...threadid=65144

I must say you are a dumbass, sure testing a car is alright, but runnin the fuckin piss out of it????? Thats abuse, and I am glad you lost you job

Not even the Kia dealership will hire you. You've gottin owned by just bout every car board on the net. even the Honda boards

must suck to be you

cant wait for the kia owners to start comin on here and start bashing you

you might as well stop posting on the boards now

fucktard
Old 09-27-2002, 09:03 AM   #138
SyckShyt
Registered Member

Found this on Fullsizechevy.com

I truely feel for her, and Stangman96 screwed himself out of a job. Come on over to FSC stangman when this is all said and done, i wanna know what your new job is.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #139
Mikey
Vermont Stanger

Hear about this on www.socalwildhorses.com, mustangworld.com, honda-tech.com, corvetteforum.com, supraforums.com.... etc, etc....

So ya.... you are the nets most famous moron.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #140
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 98SteedaGT
Hopefully her or her husband, or friends don't read this board.... Would be a shame if they found out and called the dealer up with written proof...... I know I would try to file a formal complaint and get all I could from a dealer that did something like that to my car.....
I hate to say it,,,, but I told you so!!!

Being an Internet Techinican/Administrator, I have seen this happen time and time again... Hope your little trip was worth it, good like finding another job!....

Geez, over 72,000 Views on this, this should go in the Board's Hall of Shame for moron members...

I'm glad to see that the owners got their car back in one piece and have a sense of closure to this....

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: