MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 09:37 AM   #141
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

As a long time member of this site, I thought I would post a few comments.

First, stangman96, I don't recall you being around on this site. Maybe because you're too new to the board, or because you hung around in the Modular Madness forum. Either way, enough has been said about you. I really couldn't add anything worse than what's already been said.

Secondly, to Mr. and Mrs. Todd: Very sorry to hear about your experience with this tech and dealership - both should be held accountable. What's even worse is to imagine how many other Mustang's/Cobra's this guy has flogged at his now non-existant job.

Out of curiosity, what type of amends is the dealer giving you besides firing the tech?

Finally, I hope that this thread will create some new, valuable members to our site. It's nice to see the outpouring of support from non-Ford related sites - it's much appreciated.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #142
pro-five-oh
Registered Member

From every Hot Rod Lincoln owner at Lincolnsonline.com we offer our heartfelt concerns to the '03 Cobra owner and all involved in this incident.

Owning a modified 5.0 Lincoln has its downsides when you take it to the dealer...they think it just has funny mufflers...but we ALL wonder what they do to our cars because they are different and obviously faster than the Navigators the service guys usually have to work on.

Last edited by pro-five-oh; 09-28-2002 at 01:29 AM..
pro-five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 12:37 PM   #143
AJP
Registered Member

Thumbs down

God, it makes you sick knowing that your car can be totally abused and then you PAY THEM for it!!!

I hope this guy gets all he deserves!

Adam.
Bedfordshire, England
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:33 PM   #144
Conman
Registered Member

by now I think everyone knows that what this guy did was wrong

and every type of vehicle owner out there is supporting the owner

Now all I have to say is QUIT HOGGING ALL THE BANDWIDTH!!

MustangWorks is a great site and it really bothers me that it is slowed right down

BTW DAN, excellent work on keeping this site still running, it must be hard with all the hits

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:38 PM   #145
Matt Harwood
Registered Member

For those of you in Cleveland, you might remember when the employee of a certain tire chain took a Porsche 911 out for a little joy ride and totalled it on I-480. Totalled, not just bent.

This was also the time when the water-cooled Porsches were coming onto the market, and this one was the last of the older air-cooled cars.

Needless to say the tech lost his job and the tire chain bought this gentleman a new Porsche. The guy wasn't too happy, however, because the air-cooled car was his lifelong dream. He didn't like the newer cars. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), a new car was the only way to properly compensate him. I also believe this is one of the main reasons why this certain tire chain no longer exists...

It was all over the news for a few days, including pictures of the car (about 40 feet off the road and lying in the woods).

I can also recall taking my car back to the dealer for some warranty work (the paint was falling off the hood). When I picked it up, the guy said, "Man, your car really MOVES!" I guess he wanted me to be pleased that he felt my car was so fast, but I was less than pleased that he had this knowledge. Turns out, the guy took the car home overnight. I don't know what he did to it, but it doesn't seem any worse for wear. But it pissed me off just the same.

These kinds of people suck--selfish and unreliable. I see more and more of it around, and it makes me despair about the future of our country.

Good luck with the dealership...

1993 LX coupe: built 342, GT-40X heads, ported Cobra intake, JBA headers, 3.55s, etc., etc., etc.

SOLD: 1997 Ranger Splash Supercab: 1995 Cobra 5.0L, 8 PSI Kenne-Bell supercharger, Tremec 3550, 75mm Pro-M, 3.55s, fully functional PS, ABS, ice cold A/C and emissions legal.

See it all at:
www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com
Matt Harwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #146
porschefan
Registered Member

Just wanted to extend support from us Rennlisters http://www.rennlist.com .

We auto enthusiasts need to stick together on things like this. Stuff like this is why I take my car to a private mechanic instead of the dealership.
porschefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:31 PM   #147
whiskycreek
Registered Member

I'm here as this made its way to http://www.imboc.com
(International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club) and I wish to say 2 things:

1)To Tracy and Todd, our thoughts and concerns are with you and we're sincerely disappointed on how your car was treated.

(and I may have some objectional comments coming my way, but here goes...)

My Humble Opinion

2)Apparently, the party in question has been dealt with in the form of losing his job.
My concerns are, why do we expect more? I own and operate a business as I'm sure most who have read and posted here do.
We set our policies and procedures with the hopes that employees will follow and abide by them.
If they step out of those boundries, we are faced with the unpleasant task of having to deal with it.
Bad employees can cause irreparable damage to a business by way of their senseless conduct.
This thread has not only touched all four corners of N. America,(as I am chiming in from Canada), but has gone global.
I am sure that this dealership has been bombarded with negative emails, phone calls and media attention all out for
blood and more. Why? My point is, show some compassion for "the other employees" whose very jobs and lives depend on
this business operating sucessfully. Why are they to pay for the senseless act of one? Put yourself in the position
of a business owner and answer one question. What would you have done differently to PREVENT an employee from carrying
out what he did?

Thats all and good day.

Daryl (Proud owner of Bullitt #1706 >> pretty as a Cobra, just not as fast)
whiskycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:52 PM   #148
AWD_ENVY
Registered Member

Well adding another to the list.....

I would be pissed as a hell..... I don't think just his Job is worth it. I feel like the dealership is trying to blow you off or sweep it under the table. DONT LET THEM !!!!!

Found this thread on http://www.dsmtalk.com http://www.indyimportscene.com and http://www.indyimport.com

-----------------------
Damn that Fuckin F&F movie! Not only did it make every Ricer & their brother think that they drove race cars... but it also made the world aware of the "street racing problem". - Ken Bacon (KenTSIII)
AWD_ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 05:12 PM   #149
Sadiztik-R
Registered Member

just to let you guys know

, me and my friends respect V8 mustangs and most of there owners

however just like us import owners, you suffer from "rice"

not the cars most of the time ( though I have seen mustangs with ricer tailights)

the owners, motherfuckers who have no respect for anyone else and are punks who think they are a cool in ****, when they do dumb ****

I looked through this board, and I dont think anything less of this board, though there is alot of import hate, I respect the amount of good knowledge

but yeah maybe this thread should be closed, I have cable and this reply page took 5 minutes to load
Old 09-27-2002, 05:29 PM   #150
CivicRicer96
Registered Member

i love imports but i have nothing against domestics...i dont care what kind of car a person owns ...its the person that owns it ...this thread is all over the web...i got it from www.3geez.compeople dont put loads of money into their cars to have it abused by some ******* mechanic
CivicRicer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #151
Grumpy
Registered Member

I saw this posted on another site and was shocked after reading this thread that someone could actually think it would be OK to do what he did to another persons car.

It is good to see that the owner will be getting some payback but, I am sure it isnt' going to be enough.

For the amount you pay for service, the least they could do is respect your wishes and treat your car with respect.

I say "Hang him high by his family jewels"
Old 09-27-2002, 05:42 PM   #152
MaximaMark
Registered Member

Hey, I would just like to post my thoughts too on this.
To the idiot that started this thread... there are no words to say how bad of a person you are. I'll leave it at that.

To Todd and his wife: So far I've read that he's bene fired and you are now taking legal action. I would just like to say goodluck and I hope for the best for you guys.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:54 PM   #153
94GTConv
Registered Member

Stangman.... Your a true moron. You post on a public board and expect not to get caught??
You might have been fine with just the story, but then you go out and post her plate #. You deserve to lose your job and hopefully get blacklisted at every mechanics within a 200 mile radius.

I post on a lot of mustang boards (including this one) and have never seen something so idiotic.
Don
www.socalwildhorses.com
www.dfwstangs.com
www.corral.net
94GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 05:55 PM   #154
Drewguy007
Registered Member

Default More Response and Publicity

Being another Ford nut in San Antonio, this situation really made me sick. I have done business with Northside Ford in the past, fortunately only for parts and not service.

If the victims are still reading all these posts, I really need them to get in touch with me via email or IM since Kens 4 WOAI News has contacted me in order to do a story about all this on the local NBC News affiliate station. Since I do not know them personally, I cannot contact them. If anyone can help, please contact me and I can pass along the information that I have.

As to the ex-technician and Northside Ford, they share the blame. Certainly, the ex-technician shoulder most of it, but the other techs (especially the one along for the ride) must have known what was going on, as well as the others that work in that department. How many times do you see two technicians get in a car to "test" it out. This wasn't just another Taurus wagon being pulled out of the garage. If the managers who supervise this crew were unaware of these things taking place, that is just another indication of the problem.

While I prefer my 76 and 71 Ford Broncos, I still have respect for all the other folks out there that put their time, money, and heart into their automobiles, import or domestic. While just about anyone on this board is faster than I am, I'll be happy to race you over a two foot rock!

I hope this is resolved fairly for the Cobra owners. Just a darn shame if you ask me. Like someone said before, not all Texans are that stupid...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76sportrightfront_072802_thb.jpg (10.2 KB, 280 views)
http://www.lonestar-ebc.com
San Antonio, Tx
Drewguy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:05 PM   #155
70mach428
Registered Member

Default abuse at Ford delaer?

What a surprise to find a Ford mechanic who don't give a damn about the customer or Ford's name (as beatup as it is).
Heard that this 'gentlemen' has lost his job - don't know for sure, but he certainly won't get any sympathy here.
I know there are Ford mechanics out there who are competent, do care, and don't abuse customer's cars - they're being tared by the actions of those that don't.
Ford, spend your limited money on fixin' the damn problem, a commercial about how your the best place to get your Ford car serviced is a joke - and a sad one. You ain't going to fool those who know first hand that your service is pitiful - and word (such as this classic example) travels . . . fast. And I know from many years of experience it isn't an isolated incident.
70mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:26 PM   #156
gbranton
Registered Member

As a car enthusiast and as a car dealership employee, I have two really good reasons to hate this guy and everyone like him. His actions reflect on us and give us ALL a bad name. I work in the service department of a car dealership and have held this position at a few different brand dealerships. I have been behind the wheel of 'Vettes (even ZR-1s), 300Z TT's, RX-7's, Porsche Turbos, BMW's, 'Benzes and even a Dodge Viper, and believe me, I wanted worse than anything to conduct a little test session now and again because I AM a car enthusiast, but I am also a professional who values his job and a human who treats others the way he would hope to be treated. I have seem dealship employees wreck cars and the result is very ugly, as it should be.

I work too hard to pay for my cars. The clutch linings, the brake pads and the gas, it is all MINE and I paid to use it all up, not for some immature wannabe scrote to use up.

This guy is a world class turd and so is ANYBODY who defends him. If you don't think so, call me the next time you're out of town and let me "house sit" for you. Leave plenty of beer in the fridge for the party I'm gonna throw (he didn't say he put gas in her car) and we'll see what your furniture, your neighbor's ears and your stereo can do. Also leave me your wife/girlfriend (which I doubt you have, so a sister/mom will do) to party with too, after all I'm very enthusiastic about women and "it's what ANY enthusiast would do", right?

To the jerks who say they got what they deserved or what do they expect, if you buy a $30k car and the something craps out, I suppose you fix it yourself, huh? That would be the smart thing, spend your money, instead of warranty paying for it. How STUPID does that sound?

My heart goes out to the owners of an incredible car, as I have my doubts about taking my car in for service for fear of some lowlife not being able to curb his impulses. Sorry to be so long winded, but this really touched a nerve, as it seems to have for many.
2001 GT Bullitt True Blue #4398: 80mm C&L mass air, K&N, more to come...

1990 GT 'vert: World Products Stage II ported heads, Performer 5.0 intake, E-303 cam, 65mm tb, 73mm mass air, #24 inj, 3:55's, Steeda sport springs, MM caster camber plates, ect, ect, ect, ect.....
gbranton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:27 PM   #157
PrinzII
Registered Member

I got wind of this thread on www.maxima.org and posted it on www.nissanx.com and it will be posted on www.autopia.org.

To Tracie and her husband;
It's bastards like him that make it hard for enthusiasts like us to trust technicians with our prized vehicles. I hope you really stick it to him and the dealership for their pathetically callous attitude toward your situation.

To the assmunch that did this:

I guess you really have more balls than brains, huh?!? Yeah, I actually agree that your new title fits you to a T (Unemployed Dumbass). I share the same sentiments as everyone else in that you are a complete and utter ****-tard. I am in agreement with gbranton in that we work hard for our cars and we don't appreciate anyone trashing them. If this was my Maxima, losing your job would be the least of your worries.

To the dealer:
I hope they sue your *** for gross negligence if you do not give them a new car.

To everyone else:
This is not the first thread where we as enthusiasts have come together. But this is the kind of thing that makes me glad I am an enthusiast. It's nice to see us all come together despite the regions of the world we are in and the type of car we may drive.

Even we Maxima owners are not immune from ****-tard-itis. We had a case where a service technician literally dropped a Maxima from a lift and the dealer is being a total retard.

Last edited by PrinzII; 09-27-2002 at 07:01 PM..
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #158
Mach1Pilot
Registered Member

Default What about customer relations?

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskycreek
My Humble Opinion

2)Apparently, the party in question has been dealt with in the form of losing his job.
My concerns are, why do we expect more? I own and operate a business as I'm sure most who have read and posted here do.
We set our policies and procedures with the hopes that employees will follow and abide by them.
If they step out of those boundries, we are faced with the unpleasant task of having to deal with it.
Bad employees can cause irreparable damage to a business by way of their senseless conduct.
I think the issue here is that, while the tech was fired for his conduct, the dealership seems to have no clue about regaining the customer's trust and acknowledging that they have a responsibility to properly supervise their employees. Most customers would have been satisfied with seeing the tech fired and almost any gesture of goodwill on the part of the dealer.

It could have been nothing more than free maintenance for the remainder of the warranty period or some similar consideration. Just something that acknowledges that the customer has been mistreated and that clearly communicates a desire to repair the relationship. Firing the tech is just the first, minimal, step and may amount to nothing more than punishing him for getting caught. Until the dealer does something that puts some of their skin into the resolution, the customer is left wondering whether the dealer really values their business or is just performing obligatory damage control.

Unfortunately, it seems this dealer chose to do nothing for an aggrieved customer. That's why this isn't over yet. Unfortunately, no gesture will matter at this point but if it were my car, I'd still be pressing it just to get the dealer to admit they are responsible for the conduct of their employees and have an obligation to operate according to that principle.
Mach1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:37 PM   #159
korranus
Registered Member

The Goons at [http://www.somethingawful.com]Something Awful[/url] send Todd and his wife their condolences.

Personally, as the son of a 41-year veteran mechanic, this sickens me and gives mechanics and people like my father a bad name. You should never work anywhere near anything motorized again.
korranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:56 PM   #160
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: What about customer relations?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pilot
It could have been nothing more than free maintenance for the remainder of the warranty period or some similar consideration. Just something that acknowledges that the customer has been mistreated and that clearly communicates a desire to repair the relationship. Firing the tech is just the first, minimal, step and may amount to nothing more than punishing him for getting caught. Until the dealer does something that puts some of their skin into the resolution, the customer is left wondering whether the dealer really values their business or is just performing obligatory damage control.

Unfortunately, it seems this dealer chose to do nothing for an aggrieved customer. That's why this isn't over yet. Unfortunately, no gesture will matter at this point but if it were my car, I'd still be pressing it just to get the dealer to admit they are responsible for the conduct of their employees and have an obligation to operate according to that principle.
I agree with you 100%! This happens alot! I bought a new 94 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4(in 94) and had it in for service on memorial weekend. The truck turned everyones head, first one in town. Everyone commented on it and I paid dearly for this truck. I went to see if the truck was on the rack that weekend and it was no where to be found!! Not in the bays and not on the lot anywhere yet it was sitting on the lot at 7:30 that Tuesday morning! They claimed it was there the whole weekend!! I got the truck back with 'green grass' and mud caked under it!! They had it for a f'n week!! The grass was still green! I knew a guy that worked there and he said one of the guys liked to drive customers cars. The guy got fired from what I heard(who knows?!?!). When I got the truck back it was time for an oil change, I thought I had another 500 miles (I know I did!!) Anyhow, I had no real proof but Todd and Tracy do. I'm glad that one of the assholes finally got caught! I hope this incident gives the dealerships a little motivation to keep tabs on the vehicles! I've heard this particular dealership(the dodge dealership here) uses customers cars to run errands.. get lunch and such BS. I think its time the dealerships are held accountable for thier actions(they know what goes on!), I hope Todd and Tracie sent the message home and press it for all its worth. BTW, I think an extended warranty and free maintenance are in order.. a new car?? I doubt that will happen.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: