View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 11:21 AM   #417
obezyana1
Registered Member

Smile Northside Ford...

I just want to let you guys know that Northside is changing their tune real fast. We took our Saleen there this morning for a hesitation and they found that some of the plugs were fouled. Instead of charging us for the diagnostic test they are replacing the MAF so it can be considered warranty work. I also thought it was funny when the guy offered to take us to the back and show us where they hung those retarded techs (stang@$$ being one of them, but the guy riding with him was taken care of also).

This isn't the first time one of their techs has done this sort of thing. A while back one of their techs (probably stang@$$) took out a 2001 Saleen owned by a local doctor. He only had it in for some touch-up paint and when he picked it up it had 300 extra miles on it and ran like crap. He had it checked by a performance shop and found it had a dead cylinder. In Northside's defense they did replace the engine.

If I had to venture a guess, I think the dealership is going to give Tracie and Todd something to compensate them for this. The Service Rep. told me that they have received over 10,000 e-mails over this unfortunate incident and I am sure they are taking notice.

This incident should have never happened, but don't take this out on every tech. My wife happens to be a mechanic and I know for a fact that she would never treat a car in such a manner. She respects the cars and the people who own them too much to do anything of the sort. (Then again, she was "laid-off" from selling cars because she wouldn't screw the customers over.) I am just making the point that a few @$$holes ruin it for the rest and there are great techs out there that do a great job and they should be thanked for their hard work. Please don't let jerks like stang@$$ ruin it for everyone.

Tracie and Todd, I hope you guys get something to ease the pain and help you trust again. If you ever want to meet up and take out the Stangs shoot me an e-mail and let me know.

-Josh
obezyana1 is offline   Reply With Quote