View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 05:46 PM   #230
96 Viper GTS
Registered Member

Heard about this over on the Viperclub.org forum. Serves the tech right to be fired. I work for Ford and it really pisses me off the hear this. And to some people that say people deserve it if they don't work on their own cars. What a shame to think that way. I do all the work on my cars that I can, but if there is a warranty issue I sure as heck would rather have someone else do the work for free.

I bought a used 1996 Viper GTS 3 years ago. It was a month before the original warranty was up, so I brought it in to get a few minor issues fixed since what the hell it was free and wouldn't be in another month. I had one issue that required road testing-which was a rattle in my rear hatch. Kinda bugged me you know. Anyways, I go to pick the car up after a few days and I over hear some mechanic in the back room bragging about see that Viper sitting outside, well I raced my buddies Vette with it and this and that. Then I get in the car and there are 40 miles on the odometer from when I dropped it off, 40 miles to road test for a rattle!!!! Plus the a hole scratched my dash bad when they took my CD player out for repair and they overfill the crankcase oil by 3 quarts. Frickin great. Then the service manager tells me his tech said this is the fastest Viper he has ever driven. Thanks a lot, I really wanted to hear that. And all the service manager does after I fill his ear with all this is offer me a free oil change. A free oil change!!!!! Well F you Bob Saks Dodge dealership in Farmington Hills, Michigan. I won't go back there again and told all my Viper owning buddies not to either.

Then a year later I get rear-ended slightly and take it to a body shop. I write down the mileage and when I pick it up there are 25 extra miles on it and a near EMPTY gas tank instead of half full like I left it. The manager said the car never left his lot and they kept it inside the whole time. But, I see pictures on there own website with my car sitting outside in the rain. But, I began to doubt if I put down the right mileage and believed the manager since he seemed honest, UNTIL I unfortunatley get rear-ended again 6 months later and I over-hear this conversation in the back room. Did you guys see that Viper out there? It is so sweet, I wonder what it is like to drive it? Then some other guy in the back room said the last time I had it in they took and drove it up and down the street for a long time and had a blast with it.

Some people have said this can be considered Grand Theft Auto as the person has driven it without your permission. Good thing this isn't the wild west or I would have shot the Viper mechanic and body shop mechanic DEAD in their tracks!!!!!!!!!!

Justice has been served against this dumb *** Mustang tech. Cheers to the owner of the car that got him fired. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa. Won't be any cars he can joy ride in at Burger King.

Unfortunately there are a lot of techs like this out there in all brands of car dealerships, so beware. There are a lot of good ones too, but unfortunately it only takes one bad one to give the dealership a bad name.

Last edited by 96 Viper GTS; 09-28-2002 at 06:37 PM..
96 Viper GTS is offline   Reply With Quote