View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 02:28 AM   #185
smoothsail
Registered Member

I caught the link on www.probetalk.com , another Ford enthusiast BB, a couple of days ago, but this is the first I've seen the server functional enough to post. I am outraged that stangman has such a lack of respect for another person's property. This is stuff we learned in Kindergarten for Chrissakes. You remember: be kind, show respect for other people and their things, be quiet in the hallways, say "I'm sorry"... Seems to be pretty simple stuff to me, but I'm guessing stangboy (a man would not have done it..) ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer..
Getting stang relieved from his duties as auto technician would not have been good enough for me. Since he drove the car as if it were his own, I'm thinkin' that he should be buying it through payroll deductions. I'm certain that he would be plenty well qualified to find the drain plug and oil filter on most cars, and the buttons for the automatic car wash are green for go, and red for stop. In addition, all his good work would be accomplished with only Buffalo brand tools from Harbor Freight, because I would own his box of Craftsman, Snap-On, and Cornwells.
He uses the argument that the car had already been flogged on a dyno, and that he just "had to do it". Last I checked, the risk of trashing a car was pretty minimal, because the dyno isn't moving at 140 mph. Oh, and the I just had to do it defense? Well he did have someone accompany him on his little escapade. Maybe the passenger had a 9mm Glock pointed at stangs head. Or he just finished a roast beef and mushroom sandwich, and the speedo grew bigger and bigger, chanting, I want my needle BURIED big boy...Welcome to the excuse dujour. With all these folks walking around, completely under the control of some unseen power, unable to think and act on their own, it is no wonder that we get daily aural assaults from the media about a murder at a car show, (NOPI) 2 teens killed in high speed chase, (local), and 2 people getting killed at stop light in St.Louis, and having their dubs jacked while they bled to death in the front seat. Thanks, stang, for pushing the degredation of society another tenth down the road.
All in all, I think that if there was an evening show for stupidity (kind of a Meet My Parents/ Weakest Link combo) you stang, would get my vote for the double digit IQ award. Now you probably think it's pretty cool, being in the shape of the number 10, and all that, but that ten is only good enough for a spot at WalMart as a greeter. Your chances of being promoted to cart pusher are slim to none, and slim is outta town, cause they can't be guaranteed you wont test drive a cart.
Smooth
PS: In all seriousness, the dealership should step up to the plate, and provide an extended warranty, and inspections/ oil changes every 3k for the car, paid for out of stang's final check. This gives both parties an equal footing. The owner is compensated in the event something happens, the dealer gets to monitor the condition of the car every 3k, and stang pays for his joyride.
smoothsail is offline   Reply With Quote