View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 06:02 AM   #122
Vetten
Registered Member

Default Support for racerat

I am a member of the corvetteforum and saw a thread on the situation with your new car and I would be pissed. I’m sure you have been inondated by emails but I have to voice my opinion to you. I copied the link for you to read, I think the post, which I copied an pasted below is some good advice. Most of the time Corvette and Mustang people are usually not in agreement on much but you will see much support in our forum for you. Good luck on getting this issue cleaned up, read carefully below. I think this gentleman makes a lot of sense.

Take care,

Jim

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=396600

Personally I think the dealership and Ford need to be made an example of. Everyone knows this type of crap goes on everyday and it's the nighmare of every entusiast. We all work hard to try to attain the things we want in life that are "special" to us and to see someone not only abuse but brag about trashing this "special" item is unacceptable. Yes the dealer should be held accountable and if they think having to give this woman a new car free of charge is too expensive I would suggest that they revisit their profit and loss statement in about 6 months once this hits the media. Should Ford be held accountable. You bet. All car manufacturers make a lot of noise about owner satisfaction and quality service. Well the rubber is meeting the road now so I think a little friendly persuasion on Ford's part to this dealer is in order. Perhaps suspending his SVT license would sway his opinion. I'm well past 50 and my "dream" is to own a brand new vette that no one except myself has driven. I'm close to being able to do this but not quite there yet. I know that if I finally do attain this "dream" and some wingnut at a dealership abused it I would be out for blood. The line from Wyatt Earp comes to mind when Doc Holiday said "Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after. It's a rekoning." Just my $.02.
Vetten is offline   Reply With Quote