View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 01:38 PM   #145
Matt Harwood
Registered Member

For those of you in Cleveland, you might remember when the employee of a certain tire chain took a Porsche 911 out for a little joy ride and totalled it on I-480. Totalled, not just bent.

This was also the time when the water-cooled Porsches were coming onto the market, and this one was the last of the older air-cooled cars.

Needless to say the tech lost his job and the tire chain bought this gentleman a new Porsche. The guy wasn't too happy, however, because the air-cooled car was his lifelong dream. He didn't like the newer cars. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), a new car was the only way to properly compensate him. I also believe this is one of the main reasons why this certain tire chain no longer exists...

It was all over the news for a few days, including pictures of the car (about 40 feet off the road and lying in the woods).

I can also recall taking my car back to the dealer for some warranty work (the paint was falling off the hood). When I picked it up, the guy said, "Man, your car really MOVES!" I guess he wanted me to be pleased that he felt my car was so fast, but I was less than pleased that he had this knowledge. Turns out, the guy took the car home overnight. I don't know what he did to it, but it doesn't seem any worse for wear. But it pissed me off just the same.

These kinds of people suck--selfish and unreliable. I see more and more of it around, and it makes me despair about the future of our country.

Good luck with the dealership...

1993 LX coupe: built 342, GT-40X heads, ported Cobra intake, JBA headers, 3.55s, etc., etc., etc.

SOLD: 1997 Ranger Splash Supercab: 1995 Cobra 5.0L, 8 PSI Kenne-Bell supercharger, Tremec 3550, 75mm Pro-M, 3.55s, fully functional PS, ABS, ice cold A/C and emissions legal.

See it all at:
www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com
Matt Harwood is offline   Reply With Quote