View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #158
Mach1Pilot
Registered Member

Default What about customer relations?

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskycreek
My Humble Opinion

2)Apparently, the party in question has been dealt with in the form of losing his job.
My concerns are, why do we expect more? I own and operate a business as I'm sure most who have read and posted here do.
We set our policies and procedures with the hopes that employees will follow and abide by them.
If they step out of those boundries, we are faced with the unpleasant task of having to deal with it.
Bad employees can cause irreparable damage to a business by way of their senseless conduct.
I think the issue here is that, while the tech was fired for his conduct, the dealership seems to have no clue about regaining the customer's trust and acknowledging that they have a responsibility to properly supervise their employees. Most customers would have been satisfied with seeing the tech fired and almost any gesture of goodwill on the part of the dealer.

It could have been nothing more than free maintenance for the remainder of the warranty period or some similar consideration. Just something that acknowledges that the customer has been mistreated and that clearly communicates a desire to repair the relationship. Firing the tech is just the first, minimal, step and may amount to nothing more than punishing him for getting caught. Until the dealer does something that puts some of their skin into the resolution, the customer is left wondering whether the dealer really values their business or is just performing obligatory damage control.

Unfortunately, it seems this dealer chose to do nothing for an aggrieved customer. That's why this isn't over yet. Unfortunately, no gesture will matter at this point but if it were my car, I'd still be pressing it just to get the dealer to admit they are responsible for the conduct of their employees and have an obligation to operate according to that principle.
Mach1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote