View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 07:56 PM   #160
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: What about customer relations?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pilot
It could have been nothing more than free maintenance for the remainder of the warranty period or some similar consideration. Just something that acknowledges that the customer has been mistreated and that clearly communicates a desire to repair the relationship. Firing the tech is just the first, minimal, step and may amount to nothing more than punishing him for getting caught. Until the dealer does something that puts some of their skin into the resolution, the customer is left wondering whether the dealer really values their business or is just performing obligatory damage control.

Unfortunately, it seems this dealer chose to do nothing for an aggrieved customer. That's why this isn't over yet. Unfortunately, no gesture will matter at this point but if it were my car, I'd still be pressing it just to get the dealer to admit they are responsible for the conduct of their employees and have an obligation to operate according to that principle.
I agree with you 100%! This happens alot! I bought a new 94 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4(in 94) and had it in for service on memorial weekend. The truck turned everyones head, first one in town. Everyone commented on it and I paid dearly for this truck. I went to see if the truck was on the rack that weekend and it was no where to be found!! Not in the bays and not on the lot anywhere yet it was sitting on the lot at 7:30 that Tuesday morning! They claimed it was there the whole weekend!! I got the truck back with 'green grass' and mud caked under it!! They had it for a f'n week!! The grass was still green! I knew a guy that worked there and he said one of the guys liked to drive customers cars. The guy got fired from what I heard(who knows?!?!). When I got the truck back it was time for an oil change, I thought I had another 500 miles (I know I did!!) Anyhow, I had no real proof but Todd and Tracy do. I'm glad that one of the assholes finally got caught! I hope this incident gives the dealerships a little motivation to keep tabs on the vehicles! I've heard this particular dealership(the dodge dealership here) uses customers cars to run errands.. get lunch and such BS. I think its time the dealerships are held accountable for thier actions(they know what goes on!), I hope Todd and Tracie sent the message home and press it for all its worth. BTW, I think an extended warranty and free maintenance are in order.. a new car?? I doubt that will happen.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote