MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #271
Mikes95XLT
Registered Member

Thumbs up We're here too

Even though I don't own a car, cause it's a truck, I'd still like to show my support as a fellow Ford owner..... I've been keeping up with this since the day I heard about it... and I still can't believe that someone would be that stupid as to 1) Do something like that to a car like that and 2) Brag about it. I can officially say that stangman96 deserves the dipshit award for this year..... congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

You can find our support at www.explorerforums.com

Good luck!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:11 AM   #272
Magiarn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Don't know if you're referring to me or not.
No, not you Unit, a Stangman original that stated that she had it dynoed anyway so it was already run hard...Maybe it was, but like I said, the environment is more controlled and there isnt as much danger subjected to it. I know theyve been blown, but Ive never seen a thread on it of this magnitude going after the operator. They are supposed to be in it pressin the pedal...

Last edited by Magiarn; 09-29-2002 at 11:17 AM..
Magiarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:20 AM   #273
Kazzz
Registered Member

Angry

Stay at home mom here... I drive a Minivan... no hot cars here LOL. I just had to post where I found this thread... at a Big Brother (CBS show) fansite

jokersupdates.com

amazing... all I can say is frelling amazing.

Oh, the power of the internet.... this guy can sit beside Marcellas as one of the biggest losers of the year.....
Kazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:21 AM   #274
rue
Registered Member

was linked at metafilter.com

a couple comments concerning the consequences of this incident:

*this board must have serious bandwith issues because of this thread. I'd recommend closing it, but not deleting.
*this is a perfect poster thread for internet (in)fame. You're better off bragging to your local bartender than on a message board.
*somewhere else on this forum it was said that this is the most notorious message board on the internet. I don't agree; the coverage you have here could possibly fuel interest in mustangs, cobras, etc.. and that comment is coming from me, an anonymous french pedestrian.
*for people who came here from links posted all over the web, take the time to look around. It shows respect to the fulltime members here.
rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:53 AM   #275
wyo_tech
Registered Member

Exclamation bad tech

nt3toyota: damn dude...you must have a lousy tech...only 3 parts to that system....sending unit....gauge....and wiring ...pretty simple...even for the ford techs!
wyo_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 12:09 PM   #276
MazdaProwner
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrotchrocketCBR
bring your car into an svt dealership in northern FL and take your chances , and no im not related to him, or even know him, i just know what goes on that the customers arent aware of, and im willing to bet that the manager knew what he did to this car, but had to have him fired just please the customer, ive seen it before.
O.k. I might be going out on a limb here, but, I think this guy might have been a little sarcastic when he said that. However, he's right, it goes on at alot of dealerships. I know people who have worked for Chrysler dealers, G.M., Ford and they all have their storiesto tell.
MazdaProwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 12:45 PM   #277
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification, Magiarn. You're right about it being a much more controlled environment in the fact it's not an extended mile long WOT, bangin gears, thrashing of a car.

I was fortunate enough/unfortunate enough to attend an all day (10hr long) dyno session on a 540ci big block Chev with a procharger, and N20. We went through over 20 gallons of 116oct race gas mix. Heh, that engine is definately worse for wear in my book, LOL.

rue, this particular board is running the message forums on a temporary dual processor server, and the connection is controlled with a fractional T3. The initial period of being very slow and unresponsive was due to the normal single processor box being overloaded, and a queue forming, and later when the boxes were being switched out. I haven't noticed any problems since the dual processor box has been placed. Locking the thread wouldn't slow the number of hits it was getting as most people are not posting, just viewing. If the board was still unable to keep up, I'd agree with the topic being cut off, but as long as it seems responsive, I don't see the need for it to be shut down.

I would also agree, as I posted on the "infamous comment" thread, that this board hasn't had it's reputation dirtied by these events. I think the vast majority of our normal users have ripped stangman96 a new one. I think this has been a great thread, and certainly worthy of being kept open. Take a look at the group of enthusiasts who've come together!

Has anybody linked Ford SVT to this thread? With nearly 200,000 views, I'd think they might be interested in something of this magnitude.

Amazing!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 01:03 PM   #278
prophesized
Registered Member

just thought id represent for the corolla world

http://www.elcmotorsports.com/phpnuk...=1878#post1878

and

http://www.vvti.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=3279
prophesized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #279
Swtstrbry9
Registered Member

Got this link from DSMFemme What a fucknut Just another reason I never take my car to satan.

Good luck Poor Todd

Heaven knows what a girl can do
Swtstrbry9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 01:38 PM   #280
YDRSBTR
Registered Member

I've just finally gotten the time to read this entire thread, and I must say that I am incredibly impressed with the collective support from enthusiasts of all walks of life - both automotive and otherwise! This is amazing.

I'm going to go on record as saying that Mr. & Mrs. Todd have the full support of Club Grand Prix, Rocky Mountain Club Grand Prix (of which I am the admin), and Colorado Club DSM. You've been wronged, and I hope that things are settled to your satisfaction. I think the dealer in question has no choice but to play along; how many potential customers have they already lost, and how many more would they lose if they try to debate the issue?

To the 'tech' that committed this crime... Man, I really wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now. How you received your first official ***-kicking on the street yet?

I can't say too much more that hasn't already been said, but I will add this:

Stangman, you are the Official AssClown of the Year.
YDRSBTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #281
coderx75
Registered Member

Talking WOW! =D

This has spread to the computer game development community (http://www.gamedev.net/). =)

I just happen to link from the gamedev site and began reading. I was pretty blown away buy stangman's stupidity but what is even more amazing is that this took place at Northside Ford in San Antonio. I live in SA and was just at that dealership last week and was thinking about buying a car from them.

This thread has changed my mind about my purchase. I will either find a different Ford dealership or I'll stick to my tried and true Hondas =)

<i>There's an old saying in Tennessee... well, it's in Texas but probably in Tennessee too. It say's, "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you... uh... ya fooled meh uh can't get fooled again."
- George W. Bush</i>

<a href="http://www.mp3.com/jayflaherty" target="_TOP"><b>Get Tranced!</b></a>
coderx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:10 PM   #282
quiet hot head
Registered Member

Heard about this from http://corvetteforum.com

None of you know me here; so take this for what you think its worth:

to stangman96:
Imagine the sensation of swallowing a mixture of your own
blood and teeth. Maybe not tomorrow, nor next week; nor two years from now. But when you least expect it; from one of many that are capable.

to Badass_yellowGT (i have to say though don`t blame the tech for frying tires.):
It's not your personal property.

(anybody who brings there car to the dealer for repairs instead of doing them repairs themself):
When buying a new car; part of the price is the free warranty service. I paid for it; and I will get what I paid for.

to Titan (go stangman...next time, stop by Ga-Tech and pick me up):
blood and teeth. Maybe not tomorrow, nor next week; nor two years from now. But when you least expect it; from one of many that are capable.

to Blue01GT (i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do.):

no, 99% of the people YOU hang with. And your later back-peddling does nto get you off the hook.

(Personally, I would have taken that car out to at LEAST 140 just like stangman and to HELL with the consequences.):

Those will be YOUR consequences; and on that day you will finally grow up.

(I dont think he should have pounced on stangman for making that cobra run a little. having wade73 insult stangman on this forum for letting that cobra stretch its legs)

it is not your personal property; it belongs to someone else.

mustangs are wasted on people like you

it is not your property; and its none of your business what people do with things they bought with their own money

maybe you should invest in an astrovan with a wheelchair lift,

ahhh; maybe YOU should....and soon little man.

to Skyman (THE CAR HAS BEEN THRASHED ON ON A DYNO).

doesn't matter how the owner drives the car. Their car is not your personal property.

to CrotchrocketCBR; (im a tech at an SVT dealership here in FL, and i cannot wait untill another 03 cobra comes in, because i will beat the living piss out of that car, )

just because your parents never spanked you; doesn't mean the rest of us can't get our hands on you.

(beat the living piss out of...).

Be careful what you wish for.

And if this forum wants to remain a quality site; those responsible/adult posters should mock "stangman96" and all those that supported him or his actions... EVERY TIME THEY POST. You will eventually shame them away. Then after they grow up and stop wacking off hourly; maybe they will re-join the forum under a different name and start contributing to the forums continued success.

All you little boys can laugh my comments off; especially in front of your friends to look big. Me; and others like myself are plenty "big" without having to say a word, and have a lot of patience, and will see to it that the right thing gets done at some time down the road.

Sleep tight.

Last edited by quiet hot head; 09-29-2002 at 03:20 PM..
quiet hot head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:27 PM   #283
tfritz
Registered Member

I'm chiming in from www.stangnet.com

OMFG! Where to start. Sure everyone already said much needed to be said about this. But I want to address the moronic idiotic followers/supporters of this tool as well. Mainly the runner up for the f uckTard award.

Yes, Congratulations Blue01GT you win second prize for the F ucktard award. I would've given you first place but who can top Stangman96. Holy f ucking s hit!! Please guys, do this world a favor and off your selves now.

Hey guys/gals, just got photos of the two a$$clowns that test drove the Cobra:

Last edited by tfritz; 09-29-2002 at 03:06 PM..
tfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #284
GRRR428
Registered Member

Default Not Cool

I read about this on the Mustang 428 Cobra Jet site:
http://pub88.ezboard.com/bmustang428...tregistryforum

Having owned a 90 5.0 Mustang convertible and currently a 94 SHO and a 69 428CJ Cougar convertible I'd have been real angry if I knew someone was intentionally trashing my car.
I know it's happened with my SHO. I had some work done at MOSSY FORD in San Diego and the SHO came back with the front bumper cover pushed up over the driving light frame support. They said it came in that way! Lying scumbags. Finally, they did agree to pay half, like an idiot I just let it go at that. It still cost me $300. I'm looking at a new Fords, guess where I won't be buying from!!!!

I've done some pretty stupid things in MY cars (I did 135 on I-5 to SF, traffic was nonexistant, but it was still dumb.........and it was a long time ago!) but the point is they are MY cars. If it breaks it's my fault. I've also been kind of hard on cars when I test drive them (the dealership owns them and the salesperson is along to say "whoa" or turns white, whichever comes first) but never over 100.

That mechanic sounded like a misogynist, hating that woman because she owned a new Cobra convertible. A little jealous perhaps?

Tim B

Last edited by GRRR428; 09-29-2002 at 02:45 PM..
GRRR428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #285
silverspecv
Registered Member

Man what an idiot, its amazing how fast this spred around the internet. I read about this at http://www.thevboard.com and http://www.b15sentra.net. To the owners Poor Todd and his wife good luck, I hope everything works out for you
silverspecv is offline   Reply With Quote