MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2002, 02:10 AM   #181
zer0321
Registered Member

I don't usually post on these boards...but anyways, here's my .02:

Quote:
No updates from stangman on his job?
I am sure the guys over at Bumfights can hook him up a job

I don't even own a Mustang....I own a Camaro (I found my way here from the 82-92 F-Body boards), and this makes me mad as hell...

I've lost a car because of sleazy mechanics before, so I know how it feels...but it was replacable... take my treasured $35k pony car without asking me, and your gonna be best friends with "Mr. Tire Iron"!
I hope "stangman96" is shown NO MERCY and is used as an example to all the other mechanics/techs like him that are out there!
zer0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:12 AM   #182
Redline7000
Registered Member

Wow Neph..You beat me by one minute!

I read thru all 12 pages..saw nothing from us Miata folk and figured since I've been a Mustanger since '86 I would throw my .02 cents in and give regards.

The More the Merrier.

In the end it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive..we can all, as consumers and enthusiasts, relate to this kind of shoddy treatment and emphasize completely.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nephilim
Hello fellow car enthusiasts.

Just wanted to come by from Miata.net and show support for the owners of the abused Mustang. You have my best wishes and although I cannot speak for the rest of the great people at Miata.net, I'm sure they would give them too.

I hope that everything turns out great for the owners of the car (Todd and Tracy is it?), and I also hope that the dealership and tech get what they have coming (and more!).

Best of luck!
Neph

"Happiness isn't around the corner..It IS the corner!"

Last edited by Redline7000; 09-28-2002 at 02:20 AM..
Redline7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:22 AM   #183
UberWebGod
Registered Member

Thumbs down Well....

I decided to join up and let the members of Motor City Online (online racing game) know about this to see what they think. Therefore, I posted a link to this post here:

http://www.boards.mco.ea.com/

Give it time, it's still early in the morning, I'm sure we'll get some replies.

To the owners, I think everything that can be said has been said, so I'll just wish you the best of luck, glad the guy was fired.
UberWebGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:23 AM   #184
81z28kid
Registered Member

I guess I'll be the first from CamaroZ28.com to chime in.

Everything has been said already, so I'll just add my condolences.

Being from right outside of San Antonio myself (New Braunfels to be exact) I'll make sure I let people thinking about using that dealership know about this. Hopefully everything gets taken care of.

Good luck with everything.

81z28kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:28 AM   #185
smoothsail
Registered Member

I caught the link on www.probetalk.com , another Ford enthusiast BB, a couple of days ago, but this is the first I've seen the server functional enough to post. I am outraged that stangman has such a lack of respect for another person's property. This is stuff we learned in Kindergarten for Chrissakes. You remember: be kind, show respect for other people and their things, be quiet in the hallways, say "I'm sorry"... Seems to be pretty simple stuff to me, but I'm guessing stangboy (a man would not have done it..) ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer..
Getting stang relieved from his duties as auto technician would not have been good enough for me. Since he drove the car as if it were his own, I'm thinkin' that he should be buying it through payroll deductions. I'm certain that he would be plenty well qualified to find the drain plug and oil filter on most cars, and the buttons for the automatic car wash are green for go, and red for stop. In addition, all his good work would be accomplished with only Buffalo brand tools from Harbor Freight, because I would own his box of Craftsman, Snap-On, and Cornwells.
He uses the argument that the car had already been flogged on a dyno, and that he just "had to do it". Last I checked, the risk of trashing a car was pretty minimal, because the dyno isn't moving at 140 mph. Oh, and the I just had to do it defense? Well he did have someone accompany him on his little escapade. Maybe the passenger had a 9mm Glock pointed at stangs head. Or he just finished a roast beef and mushroom sandwich, and the speedo grew bigger and bigger, chanting, I want my needle BURIED big boy...Welcome to the excuse dujour. With all these folks walking around, completely under the control of some unseen power, unable to think and act on their own, it is no wonder that we get daily aural assaults from the media about a murder at a car show, (NOPI) 2 teens killed in high speed chase, (local), and 2 people getting killed at stop light in St.Louis, and having their dubs jacked while they bled to death in the front seat. Thanks, stang, for pushing the degredation of society another tenth down the road.
All in all, I think that if there was an evening show for stupidity (kind of a Meet My Parents/ Weakest Link combo) you stang, would get my vote for the double digit IQ award. Now you probably think it's pretty cool, being in the shape of the number 10, and all that, but that ten is only good enough for a spot at WalMart as a greeter. Your chances of being promoted to cart pusher are slim to none, and slim is outta town, cause they can't be guaranteed you wont test drive a cart.
Smooth
PS: In all seriousness, the dealership should step up to the plate, and provide an extended warranty, and inspections/ oil changes every 3k for the car, paid for out of stang's final check. This gives both parties an equal footing. The owner is compensated in the event something happens, the dealer gets to monitor the condition of the car every 3k, and stang pays for his joyride.
smoothsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:32 AM   #186
Mr2damnSIck
Registered Member

Default WHAT A SPLOODGE THAT IDIOT WAS

man i feel for the owners of that car i sent my mitsubishi starion to the shop and the mech. turned the boost up to 30lbs (i had it set at 22lbs) and cracked the head on my car and then didnt fixit. but anyhoo i have seen a link to this on 4 different sites (msg boards i post on) and im very happy on how the responses traveled GOOD LUCK and happy @ss whoopin here are the sites

http://www.streetglow.com/cgi-local/...c&f=9&t=001523

http://pub34.ezboard.com/ftwistedwor...icID=224.topic

http://pub50.ezboard.com/fbensneonan...cID=2223.topic

http://www.starquestclub.com that one is in the plain ol b's area
1987 TOYOTA MR2, Acura Integra front clip, 17" tswll, air induction , comp-racing kit, performance exhaust, ground effects lthr int, t-top, racing clutch, momo racing pedals, eibach lowering springs, 2 SG Gold Series Red U/B kits
Mr2damnSIck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:49 AM   #187
Dalton
Registered Member

Greetings from the sportbike community of Vanouver BC. Canada!

This epic story sure has travelled far. Everything has been said already and it was certainly an interestind read.

You gotta love message boards.

Cheers!

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...?threadid=7035
Old 09-28-2002, 03:52 AM   #188
Dalton
Registered Member

Here's where I orginally found the thread btw.

http://www.importclassifieds.com/cgi...;f=16;t=009838

Big hello's from IC.com people as well up in Vancouver.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:19 AM   #189
purplediamond69
Registered Member

I saw the link to this on WWW.BENDOE.COM. I would strangle anyone that did such a thing to my 69 Mustang !!!! I'm glad he lost his job !!! My first car was a 66 & I have always had a stang in the garage since then. Let's all hope that someday that guy gets a car or bike he cherishes & some guy takes it out & wrecks it for him. I am soooo tired of people that have no respect for another person's property.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:22 AM   #190
heefner
Registered Member

Found out about this link at www.starquestclub.com
http://www.starquestclub.com/index.p...187134;start=0
I really can't add anything new about Stangman but I wanted to wish Tracy and Todd good luck with this. It sucks that one persons stupidity really gives everyone a bad rep. And to those that supported Stangmans actions your just as big of a RETARD as he was.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:58 AM   #191
David43
Registered Member

Default This story is really getting all over

I found this forum listing at http://www.memepool.com , read the whole thing and had to put in my .02.

To the owners; I am hoping that you are getting something from the dealership besides a pat on the head and an "Oh, that's too bad!" , but I have not seen a decent
customer relations decision come out of businesses in these types of situations for many years.

To the pathetic moron and his supporters;
Be glad that all that has happened is that you lost your job and may have trouble finding another one - if it had been my car, there would be a lot more things happening to you.
David43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:22 AM   #192
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Kaspar, get your head out of your asss!!! Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Dan sees this thread for the good it has done, and the fellowship it has created, and feels it would be in everyones best interest to leave it open.

You really insult people sometimes, and it get's old.

Take care,
~Chris
Well, this is the first time that it's been brought to me about me insulting others. I didn't mean Dan was so shallow that all he wants is money, but it is a good reason too. I understand that it's in the best interest to leave it open for the ppl. U shouldn'd be so short to say that I was insulting him. Just because I didn't type everything I felt about it, doesn't mean I was calling him shallow. U chould have given me the benifit of the doubt. U know I like Dan and would never insult him for anything. If I didn't like him, do U think I would keep coming here 24/7. I have the upmost repesct for him, and I apploigize if I insulted anyone.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:36 AM   #193
TexasMX6GT
Registered Member

Well, just got wind of this (guess I'm a little behind the times) and just want to say I'm sure I speak for everyone at AnythingCars when I say that this tech is an asshat, and I'm glad he got fired. It's certainly less than he deserves for being such an UTTER FREAKING MORON, but, what else can you do?

Mr. and Mrs. Todd, I hope everything turns out well for you. Good luck.
TexasMX6GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:54 AM   #194
DrEvil
Registered Member

Well i would just like to say i got sent this link all the way from Car Audio Australia ... that's right, u r now internationally famous!

i feel really sorry for the owner of the car, i also bet stangman is regretting posting now!

anyways, be interesing to see what happens!

DrEvil (All the way from www.caraudioaustralia.com)
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:18 AM   #195
Dressler1216
Registered Member

Exclamation my advice,... get a lawyer

Section 31.07 of the Texas Penal Code states:

TX PENAL § 31.07
§ 31.07. Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly operates another's boat, airplane, or motor-propelled vehicle without the effective consent of the owner.
(b) An offense under this section is a state jail felony.

You may argue that the operative term "effective consent" would allow you off the hook because, arguendo, the owner of the Mustang "consented" to you taking possession of the vehicle and using it for the purpose of repairing it. But, Section 31.01 of the Texas Penal Code states [in part]:

TX PENAL § 31.01
§ 31.01. Definitions

(3) "Effective consent" includes consent by a person legally authorized to act for the owner. Consent is not effective if:
(A) induced by deception or coercion;

The consent that was given for the express or implied purpose of repair has been nullified by the bad acts which you perpetrated upon her vehicle and solidified into a criminal offense by your statement of intent to joy ride posted on this board.

There is a mistatement of law on this board where someone stated that you could always say that someone else typed your messages and name. Investigators can subpoena the IP records, e-mail records, your name, log on times, address and phone number from this message board, your ISP and your place of business in order to bring criminal prosecution against you. Your statement that you were not ther person posting from your terminal would be weighed by a jury and they would decide whether or not you were the person posting the message. Given the veracity of the statements made and their content,... I believe a jury would find against you.

It would be in your best interests to hire a lawyer.
Dressler1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:59 AM   #196
FOMOCO1
Registered Member

Greetings from http://lawnsite.com!

Yep... even the professionals in the "Green Industry" knows about this one!

Hey stangturd, don't come looking for a job in the lawn and landscape biz...even we do not appreciate the thought of some jerk abusing our equipment!

Ah well, what goes 'round...comes 'round.

Good luck, RaceRat and Todd. I hope you see some compensation from the dealership in return for having for awesome ride flogged by that nutjob of a tech.

One good thing though...I found this killer Mustang site!
FOMOCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 10:07 AM   #197
Brickman
Registered Member

I too am one that joined just to post on this subject. While I am a Power Stroke pick up guy, I was thoroughly pissed by the actions of this moron. He has made him self known on Lawn Site.com http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34716.

Glad to hear he lost his job, I would be getting a totally new ride out of the deal. I would see to it that the Dealer took this one in the shorts.

P.S. I have to laugh that two guys in a row posted here that they heard about this from lawnsite.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:45 AM   #198
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up WELCOME NEW MEMBERS...

GOOD MORNING ALL!
Not to take away about the subject on hand....but after reading the new posts, it looks like we now have QUITE A FEW NEWBIES ON BOARD HERE AT MW!!!!!

Glad to see some of you are gonna stick around here at our awesome Stang Site! WELCOME!!
Glad to have you here!!!!!!!!

Also, I dont know if ya'll have read but RaceRat was instructed by her lawyer to not post or participate in any more of this at this time....so, I guess things are moving along.....
I'm also surprised, (well, not really) of the number of other stories out there that ya'll have expierienced the same thing!!!! You can bet your a$s that the consumers now have a better idea of what REALLY goes on!!!!! Thanks guys for eveyones support! Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:24 AM   #199
bradttu
Registered Member

It is a fresh topic on our board as of Saturday, September 28th. We are out of West Texas.

AnythingCars.com

http://www.anythingcars.com/cgi-bin/...=ST&f=1&t=3297

So whatever happend to the genious that did this?????
bradttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:45 AM   #200
cynthetiq
Registered Member

Talking It's not about cars, it's about respect

After reading all the posts, all the links.. (geez I have way too much time on my hands...) I have come to the conclusion that this isn't about anything else but respect for someone else's property. It touches so close to home because everyone has that fear, that someone is going to abuse their stuff. I've read sites that I would have never ever made it to including this one, all because someone not only didn't have respect for other people's property but had the ballz to brag about it thinking that the had the "right".

I don't have a car with any mods or anything special. It is just a plain Neon 2001. I wouldn't want some tech doing anything to it, from smoking in it to running errands as a "test drive." I expect nothing but professionalism from the dealership to the technician. Fix what's broke, check it to make sure that it's not still broken, and charge me a fair price for it.

To the Operator of this board... Thanks for keeping it up with all the hits. To the regulars, sorry that one asshat lagged your server.

Unfortunately we must be vigilant in making sure that people do not take advantage of our things. A shame, because there are honest, hardworking people out there. Just like it was in grade school, it takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone.

Last edited by cynthetiq; 09-28-2002 at 01:36 PM..
cynthetiq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: