MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-24-2002, 09:33 PM   #21
Blue01GT
Registered Member

wade73, you sure do act like a grandma for being a mustang owner. if you were a REAL mustang nut you would have taken your personal stang to the max speed at least once on a public highway, unless your some kind of grey haired senior citizen

what would you have done in his position? i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do. being sensible and practical is not part of being a mustang enthusiast. STUPID is old grey-haired people like you that own a 400hp car and drive it like a freekin geo metro

Personally, I would have taken that car out to at LEAST 140 just like stangman and to HELL with the consequences. (i drive 150 in my GT every time i go up the I-5). And regarding the unsafe practice of speeding.. OF COURSE WE KNOW ITS DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!!! thats what makes it fun!! if its safe, slow, and practical, then its boring and, to quote you, "stupid". people who soup up mustangs will drive their cars like fighterjets and thats just the nature of the beast. its an addiction that is celebrated, not shunned.

Part of servicing cars is making sure they work right and a factory-supercharged cobra is designed to be redlined and worked hard. its got 6speeds for a reason! so how do you know its working right unless its driven like a cobra should be driven? Im sure stangman found a nice empty straight road to go 140 and did his "stupid" act as "smart" as possible. I am envious of stangman, and i wish him many more kickass test drives in cobras.

if that was my car, i wouldnt have complained about those so-called "problems" in the first place. and if it was broken by a techie, id just make the dealership give me a new one. the responsibility and risk was on his hands and the customer had nothing to lose except maybe a few extra days with a rental car.

when was the last time you even squealed tire or redlined your engine, wade73? 20 years ago when you were able to floor the gas without breaking a hip? maybe you should invest in an astrovan with a wheelchair lift, mustangs are wasted on people like you.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:04 PM   #22
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue01GT
wade73, you sure do act like a grandma for being a mustang owner. if you were a REAL mustang nut you would have taken your personal stang to the max speed at least once on a public highway, unless your some kind of grey haired senior citizen

what would you have done in his position? i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do. being sensible and practical is not part of being a mustang enthusiast. STUPID is old grey-haired people like you that own a 400hp car and drive it like a freekin geo metro

Personally, I would have taken that car out to at LEAST 140 just like stangman and to HELL with the consequences. (i drive 150 in my GT every time i go up the I-5). And regarding the unsafe practice of speeding.. OF COURSE WE KNOW ITS DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!!! thats what makes it fun!! if its safe, slow, and practical, then its boring and, to quote you, "stupid". people who soup up mustangs will drive their cars like fighterjets and thats just the nature of the beast. its an addiction that is celebrated, not shunned.

Part of servicing cars is making sure they work right and a factory-supercharged cobra is designed to be redlined and worked hard. its got 6speeds for a reason! so how do you know its working right unless its driven like a cobra should be driven? Im sure stangman found a nice empty straight road to go 140 and did his "stupid" act as "smart" as possible. I am envious of stangman, and i wish him many more kickass test drives in cobras.

if that was my car, i wouldnt have complained about those so-called "problems" in the first place. and if it was broken by a techie, id just make the dealership give me a new one. the responsibility and risk was on his hands and the customer had nothing to lose except maybe a few extra days with a rental car.

when was the last time you even squealed tire or redlined your engine, wade73? 20 years ago when you were able to floor the gas without breaking a hip? maybe you should invest in an astrovan with a wheelchair lift, mustangs are wasted on people like you.
Your how old? 16? Mustangs are wasted on people like you, who crash them.

Doing 140 on public roads IS stupid. Personally I don't care if you wax yourself in a car wreck, I AM worried about the guy that pulls out in front of you when your going 140 and can't stop. You remind me of all the little rice boys in there fartmobiles that fly past me doing 30mph above the speed limit during rush hour traffic.

Hey dude tell you what, can I take you car out, drive 140 in it and abuse the hell out of it? Why not? After all it's what a REAL mustang nut would do

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:24 PM   #23
Blue01GT
Registered Member

tireburner163, you can make fun of me and call me 16, but seriously, what is this website about? mustangs or traffic school?

besides, what would you have done if you were in his shoes? dont answer that from your comfy computer room, answer me when you have cobra keys in your hand and its 2am in the middle of nowhere. i think you know exactly what you would do..dont act all high and mighty...

cmon everyone on this website is either from the american graffiti generation or the fast and furious generation and both generations are addicted to speed. if you want to preach road rules, do it at the DMV site.

and if i turned in my stang to the dealership and complained that it had no power, i would EXPECT them to find that out for themselves...thats why i keep the keys in my own darn pocket. anyone complaining that a cobra gets crappy gas mileage obviously doesnt know what a corba is meant to do. i bet that was the first and last time that cobra ever got past 100mph. read the first post before you reply to mine next time.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:47 PM   #24
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

To tell you the true....I would have taken the Cobra out. Almost certinly got on it...BUT, I would never have gone 140 or even close to that in it. Having some stranger take you car out and beat on it is a stangers worst nightmare.

Yes I'm addicted to speed, but I contain mine to short bursts(about 1/4 mile long). You can go 140 all you like, like I said I don't care if you wax yourself. Just don't do it around other people.

Doing 140 does not make you a Mustang nut. On the same token, not doing 140 on a public road doesn't make you any less of one.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:56 PM   #25
wade73
Registered Member

Originally posted by: Blue01GT

I am going to respond to this the only way I know how to: INTELLIGENTLY...

Not that it matters much, but yes, I am a "Mustang nut". I run my Mustang hard, RESPONSIBLY. I don't care what my car runs top speed because 99.9999999 percent of the time, it is never going to see it. For the record I am 29 years old.

what would you have done in his position?

what would I have done? MY JOB.

i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do.

I would be willing to bet my car that less than 5% would do the same thing, the 5% being young, immature, irresponsible people such as yourself.

being sensible and practical is not part of being a mustang enthusiast. STUPID is old grey-haired people like you that own a 400hp car and drive it like a freekin geo metro

Where do I say that I own a 400 hp car? The only way to get 400 hp is to mod the hell out of it, or buy a '03 Cobra, then depending on who you believe you will have 400 hp. I'll admit, a Mustang is not "sensible and practical". That's not the reason I bought it. I bought it because I have loved Mustangs since I was about 12 years old, and I have always wanted one. I think everyone should own one once in their life, except you: you shouldn't be allowed near the keys to one, much less own one. I run the car HARD to responsible speeds, careful not to exceed either the car's or my abilities. I drive it like it should be driven. That does not mean 140 mph on a public highway in an uncontrolled environment. And yes my car does make it to the dragstrip about once or twice a month, where the the environment is about as controlled as it gets.

"At LEAST 140"?? After an extensive Google.com search, the average speed I could find for a 2001 GT was 141. Someone else could either confirm or debunk it, but thats just about the limit, give or take a few mph. "OF COURSE WE KNOW ITS DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!!!" it's people like you that our insurance rates are so high. Just because you have a car that pumps out un-godly amounts of horsepower doesnt mean you have to prove it to the next guy. Take "Hammer" for instance....his car puts out something like 450 HP...do you think that he is redline - balls to the wall all out everytime he turns the ignition. NO (i hope so anyway, Hammer! ) When people pull up behind / beside me, and hear the exhaust, they know about what the car is capable of. You evidently suffer from "short man's syndrome", or better known and as "Napolean's Complex" (just so you know, Napolean was...ahhh forget it...look it up yourself)

i guess the old saying is true, "ignorance is wasted on the youth"...Just because it has 6 speeds doesnt mean a damn thing. Hell, you can by a Hyuandai with a six speed...you can find out whether a car is "working right" in first or second gear alone. it is getting harder and harder not to just start going off on you....Diagnosing a car's problems are not going to be achieved at 140 mph...not much good can come from that...if there is, please, with your vast knowledge, tell me....enlighten me

you wouldn't have complained? About problems with a brand new '03 Cobra that you (or daddy in your case) just plunked $35K down on? RRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTT....sure, just try and make the dealer give you a new one. "Hello, reality? Have we met?" certainly applies to you

see above...wait let me refresh your memory...I am 29...oh and not that it matters much, but the last time I squealed a tire (that I pay for, not daddy), or redlined the engine was yesterday.

do us all a favor...grow up...sell your mustang...mature...learn something...then in about 10 years come back

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON"
wade73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #26
wade73
Registered Member

tireburner163,

without getting all gooey and mushy and side, thanks for the backup....

later man

Old 09-24-2002, 11:07 PM   #27
Blue01GT
Registered Member

yea, i cant argue that 140 is unsafe... although i have gone to my governors limit, its been on a perfectly straight, almost deserted highway that has on/offramps only once every 5 miles or so. still it is of course reckless.

i will admit that i feel like a 16 year old behind the wheel and that is dangerous, but i try to keep myself in check...and my girlfriend is good at knocking sense into me HAHA

i originally got a little upset because of wade73s post. I dont think he should have pounced on stangman for making that cobra run a little. having wade73 insult stangman on this forum for letting that cobra stretch its legs is like a nun going to a strip club...you just dont belong there. look at all the posts before wade73..they offer kind advice and politely say that it was a little reckless, but they also admire the story and situation. wade73 was just outta line and in turn i got outta line. sorry for losing my cool, but old conservative grandpas should stay in the "senior citizens" corner and out of the "modular performance" corner.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:21 PM   #28
wade73
Registered Member

Quote:
yea, i cant argue that 140 is unsafe... although i have gone to my governors limit, its been on a perfectly straight, almost deserted highway that has on/offramps only once every 5 miles or so. still it is of course reckless.

i will admit that i feel like a 16 year old behind the wheel and that is dangerous, but i try to keep myself in check...and my girlfriend is good at knocking sense into me HAHA

i originally got a little upset because of wade73s post. I dont think he should have pounced on stangman for making that cobra run a little. having wade73 insult stangman on this forum for letting that cobra stretch its legs is like a nun going to a strip club...you just dont belong there. look at all the posts before wade73..they offer kind advice and politely say that it was a little reckless, but they also admire the story and situation. wade73 was just outta line and in turn i got outta line. sorry for losing my cool, but old conservative grandpas should stay in the "senior citizens" corner and out of the "modular performance" corner.
I was just being honest. Did you even read my response to your moronic post??

Who are you to decide who is out of line?

This pretty much sums it up: YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AN IDIOT

That has been pretty much decided.

Old 09-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #29
The Deuce
Registered Member

Before this thread gets locked down, please allow me to throw in my insights.

First let me say that I am only 23, and both the vehicles in my sig we paid for by me, insured by me, and title is exclusivly in my name. Kind of like my house, yeah that's right I pay a mortgage too.

Now then, there is no reason a tech should go over 100 in any car to diagnose any problem. Under 60 and wind resistance is not enough of a factor, but between 80-100 the coefficent of drag is enough to get to any problem.

Quote:
answer me when you have cobra keys in your hand and its 2am in the middle of nowhere. i think you know exactly what you would do..dont act all high and mighty...
I live in So. CA. I know how empty the 5 is at night, and I've driven the Bakersfield to Sacramento strip you refer to many times. Last time I checked though, Dealers were closed overnight, and people could not take cars home from the shop without permission. So he was not drivng that road at that time. He was being irresponsible.

If I found out that someone drove my car like that, I would get them fired. Then I would wait for them and beat the crap out of them. If I choose to do that to my car, then so be it, but you mess with it, I mess with you.

I've smoked tires, done wheelies, and crashed cars and bikes. Through it all I've learned that you are not as good as you think you are. Besides, it isn't you that is the threat on the road, its the car you are racing that doesn't know when to let off.

In California, if you are racing and the other car crashes, you are an accesory to any crime the cop feels like dreaming up. Even manslaughter. Driving over 100 (or 140) doesn't make you more of a Mustang guy or cooler in anyones book. All it does is make you a statistic, and helps keep the cops off of my when I'm only doing 90.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 11:40 PM   #30
Blue01GT
Registered Member

wade73, i like how you picked apart my whole rant. You can argue me point for point but i think you misinterpreted a few of my rants.

my car gets right up to the 150mph notch on my speedo before it stops. i got 3.73s and a speedcal so maybe its off a little. but, i was talking about the cobra which will to 150 no prob. And its got 6 speeds because the last two are overdrive which facilitate high speeds. its all about ratios. we all know a t56 will take a stang to higher speed limits than a t45, especially when you got a blower with it. so yea, that car is MADE for high speed.

and when the customer complains that it isnt making enough power, you dont confirm it with the engine at idle. you push it hard and see what it will do, if it will crap out or anything when running at full gallop. when the computer shows its working fine, you give it a real world test. Now of course i know that 140mph isnt neccessary to test the power, not even 40mph is needed to confirm power, but if your taking it out anyway, why not make sure?? (hint hint: live a little, dont be a square)

and your comment about only 5% of people on this forum doing what stangman did is baloney. like i said earlier, when you got cobra keys in your hand, your all alone and you got an empty highwayin front of you, 95% of the mustang nuts will do exactly what he did.

"you wouldn't have complained? About problems with a brand new '03 Cobra that you (or daddy in your case) just plunked $35K down on? RRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTT...."

didnt you read the first post? the problems were:
1. not enough power
2. bad gas mileage
well stangman certainly showed it had lots of power. I would have had it dynoed instead but obviously the car ran fine, and i wouldnt have complained about not enough power cause it WAS making plenty power as stangman found out firsthand. and GAS MILEAGE? who in their right mind buys a supercharged cobra thinking the gas mileage will be decent???? who??? someone that deserves to have their car "tested" at 140mph thats who.

would you ever turn in your 03 cobra to the dealer and NOT expect it to be driven like a rocket? cmon we are all human and we know what ford techies do. if you give anyone a 03 cobra and think they wont run it hard, then your naive. (or "stupid")

"Where do I say that I own a 400 hp car?"

i didnt say you own a 400hp car, i was refering to the cobra but i wrote the sentence poorly. Im talking about all the old conservatives out there that own supercars that have never even had their gas pedals pushed 1/2 way down...you know who they are.

29 years old? you are talking like a 50 year old woman with a minivan, yet you claim to be a mustang lover. stangman is a mustang lover. you probably think that everyone on the road who goes fast is reckless except yourself when you do it: you think your better than everyone else. im trying to defend stangman because i think that he did what any of us would have done. you are acting all high and mighty and you say you run your car hard responsibly? cmon thats a contradiction, thats like saying "i drive reckless but im careful about it" you talk about intelligence, but it sounds more like old-man conservative syndrome. and that should be on a DMV website, not a mustang website.

so keep insulting me but it wont change the fact that you are flaming on stangman for reasons that dont belong on a mustang enthusiast site. look at a few of my other posts on this thread and youll understand.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:41 PM   #31
MineralGray02K
Registered Member

omg, omg, and...OMG..STFU...This stupid *** arguing isn't helping any of us with our mustangs...Does this arguing give me any hp? any tq? no, so take it the hell off the boards...

Administrator can you PLEASE delete this entire post, it's the only way it will stop...Thanks

P.S. Pullies and T/A are going in on saturday, and I ordered a shift light BAM

Mustang Write Ups
MineralGray02K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 11:51 PM   #32
wade73
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MineralGray02K
omg, omg, and...OMG..STFU...This stupid *** arguing isn't helping any of us with our mustangs...Does this arguing give me any hp? any tq? no, so take it the hell off the boards...

Administrator can you PLEASE delete this entire post, it's the only way it will stop...Thanks
if you dont like it, then dont read it...pretty simple

Old 09-25-2002, 12:15 AM   #33
wade73
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue01GT
wade73, i like how you picked apart my whole rant. You can argue me point for point but i think you misinterpreted a few of my rants.

my car gets right up to the 150mph notch on my speedo before it stops....so yeah, that car is made for high speed

sooooo, yours is GOVERNED at 150...i see...that explains it...and oh wow!! ford had the foresight overengineer a '78 fairmont that would eventually be called a Cobbra, would be "made for high speed" in 2003 (model year anyway) with 390 hp in its belly, some astonishing 25 years later? gotta hand it to ford on advanced engineering....they really think ahead

and when the customer complains that it isnt making enough power, you dont confirm it with the engine at idle. you push it hard and see what it will do...you give it a real world test. (hint hint: live a little, dont be a square)

real world test at 140 mph...works everytime for me...i tell you what, i will be a "square" and you be, well "you" and lets see who lives to be 30...and i only about 9 months to go...

and your comment about only 5% of people on this forum doing what stangman did is baloney. like i said earlier, when you got cobra keys in your hand, your all alone and you got an empty highwayin front of you, 95% of the mustang nuts will do exactly what he did.

i dont buy it...i am willing to give fellow mustangers the benefit of the doubt...you on the other hand....i imagine you with a short, almost buzzed haircut, with a visor turned upside down and backwards, pubic hair mustache/goatee that you have been trying to "grow" since you were 10, with your pants down to your knees...bling bling!!! does that mean anything to you???

would you ever turn in your 03 cobra to the dealer and NOT expect it to be driven like a rocket? cmon we are all human and we know what ford techies do. if you give anyone a 03 cobra and think they wont run it hard, then your naive. (or "stupid")

you are GOD&^% right I expect to turn my 03 cobra into the dealer and have it NOT driven like a rocket....they don't own the car...I DO...they don't have to make the payments...I DO....they dont have to live with the car for however long....I DO...GOOD GOD YOUR ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY IS AMAZING!!!!! HOW DO MANAGE TO PUT THE RIGHT SHOE ON THE RIGHT FOOT IN THE MORNING??? HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO MAKE IT THRU PRESCHOOL??? HOW DID YOU GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL??? please don't tell me you intend to breed....

thanks for clearing up that to post on a mustang website, to read a mustang website that you had drive like an idiot in the real world.

what it all comes down to is responsibility and accountability. nothing more and nothing less. one day, you will grow up, and realize just how stupid you are acting, the facts notwithstanding that you are driving a 25 year old platform to speeds that belong on a racetrack. i am not acting all "high and mighty" about it, just stating the obvious. there is a difference in running the car hard in the right situation, than running it hard and acting like some pimple faced moron in a riced out civic.

do us all a favor, especially Californians (as if they didnt have enough problems as it is): next time you are doing "140", give the steering wheel a good hard yank to the left and see what happens...trust me!! its an absolute blast!!

Old 09-25-2002, 12:18 AM   #34
Blue01GT
Registered Member

ok no more flame wars on this post. im didnt mean to get instigated so easily. wade73, i think we both said our feelings rather well. lets calm down and not get this thread locked out, lets keep it about stangmans journey in the cobra, not our argument with each other.

stangman, out of curiosity what were the conditions in which you hit 140? time of day? type of highway? traffic? etc?? im curious as to how you snuck it off the lot for that whole trip too.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:28 AM   #35
Blue01GT
Registered Member

cmon wade73! in the time it took for me to try to stop the flamewar before thiss thread gets locked down, you posted right before me some huge complaining insulting post? who is immature now? who is intelligent? you sure think you are! insulting californians too... does that make you feel good now?

ok fine im stupid and your a genius and your totally enlightened in mobilehome, alabama or wherever you are. i will let you think whatever you want and ill let you think you win. you can draw whatever visual picture of me you want and assume whatever you want cause im not gonna let you know who i really am, nor am i gonna waste my time with you anymore.

i said what i needed to say about your flaming of stangman. now you can turn to me and flame away and talk about how your more mature and more intelligent than me and make yourself feel better.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:31 AM   #36
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
cmon wade73! in the time it took for me to try to stop the flamewar before thiss thread gets locked down, you posted right before me some huge complaining insulting post? who is immature now? who is intelligent? you sure think you are! insulting californians too... does that make you feel good now?

ok fine im stupid and your a genius and your totally enlightened in mobilehome, alabama or wherever you are. i will let you think whatever you want and ill let you think you win. you can draw whatever visual picture of me you want and assume whatever you want cause im not gonna let you know who i really am, nor am i gonna waste my time with you anymore.

i said what i needed to say about your flaming of stangman. now you can turn to me and flame away and talk about how your more mature and more intelligent than me and make yourself feel better.
Now you've done gone and pissed ME off. Look where I am from before you say something about my location. Oh yeah, read my prior post, page 2, about how inappropriate Stangman's behavior was, and how off your defense of his action is.

To answer one of your questions to Stangman, techs have the ability to road test cars. It isn't a big deal. Just remember how for this behavior you are next time you drop off your car for warranty service. (By the way, which dealer would that be? I'd love to let them know how you feel about techs flogging cars)

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 08:37 AM   #37
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

hmm.... I'm not going to say much other than the 6speed comment.... My car's gearing will allow for it to hit 160MPH, with the Redline increased to about 6300RPM and the 6th gear shut off removed, then it would hit 183MPH, on a long enough straight road.....

That doesn't mean that I would bring it up there..... I have been in an old fox body stang @ 120MPH... and, it's no joy ride... that's a very unstable speed on the highway, you hit one bump the wrong way, and your stang just turned into a one-way rocket sled to hell...

We seem to all have our own opinions on the subject, so I won't go bashing anyone.... just be careful with other peoples stuff.....

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 09:00 AM   #38
SteveGT
Registered Member

Quote:
Now you've done gone and pissed ME off.
Ditto. I own an '03 Cobra. I'm a 24 yr. old field engineer who works two weeks straight then two days off.

If I left my car to get serviced while I was working on the road and found out something like this happened, I would get sideways on the tech who was responsible. Here's an example of what happens when ridiculous people behave like you:

This '03 Cobra was smashed by a tech.

Quote:
This pretty much sums it up: YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AN IDIOT
True. Blue01GT, buy a Civic.

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
K&N Air Filter w/ sliencer removed
10" MTX sub with Kenwood amp & Mach 460

On the way:
4 lb. blower pulley & belt
Bassani X-pipe, Undecided on Muffs
SteveGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 09:29 AM   #39
stangman96
Ford Dealer Mechanic

thanks for the defense blue01gt, i like it. but i do need to add if i never posted originally, that the owner did say she took it to a speed shop to have it dynoed, they were the ones to attempt to confirm the problem and they were the ones who ran it hard in the first place. and to also add, what makes the owner think the car has no power, they must obviously drive it hard. on and to add more to this post, it was an empty airline strip that has been deserted for a while, so there was no traffic.. thanks all who support and for those who knock it, well, i suggest you try it. in the meantime, i will continue my job and quest for fun, speed, and thrills, or atleast till i get me one..........
Old 09-25-2002, 10:40 AM   #40
southernstang97

Default your faucked !!!

Well , stangman96 you drove the wrong cobra , i know the lady that owns that cobra and she has seen this posting , i think all hell is going to break lose in your world!!!!!
I can more than understand wanting to drive it , i think every guy would have wanted to , but thats a 35000.00 car , thats a lot of money for some other guy to be ragging on your car ,, If i was her I would make sure you get fired ! Next time you do something like this just keep it to your-self or at least get a diff screen name that does not show your in san antonio !!!