MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 08:04 PM   #161
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ProlepsisMaximus
That said, to any of my fellow auto enthusiasts out there who happen to cross paths with Gemini the Maxima, I issue a friendly challenge: pull up next to me and lets see what happens!
LOL, thats a bold statement as I'm seeing owners of vettes, vipers, cobras, GNs and modded cars everywhere in this thread. If you think a blond in a lowered sentra embarrassed you... I think you know what would happen.. ROFL!!
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:07 PM   #162
PsychoDonkey
Registered Member

Default dumb

Well, I saw this on the forums at www.badassmofo.com
and as a fellow Mustang owner (95 Mustang GT) I was incredibly pissed. I am a young one, 16 coming October 20th (however, it IS MY car). But i still have the love for the car you know. I still have the initial naivenesss of course. However, if I heard that someone did anything like that to my car i would be uber pissed. Not very smart...glad you had fun though...its the last fun you'll have for awhile I am guessing.
PsychoDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 09:13 PM   #163
95stenred
Registered Member

not too smart....also found at www.s-series.org Assholes like you give good techs like me bad names...thanks Mr. A--hole Oh by the way some of us techs actually care about the cars not to trash them. I have worked hard for my own stuff and nothing has been givin to me, I think you would value it alot more if you pay for it. I dont see the fun in beating someone elses car......I actually am not one to do excessive speed like that (I like coming home t my 2 children and wife every night) Good luck to the owners in their pursuit of happiness with this D--K. My .02

Last edited by 95stenred; 09-28-2002 at 06:38 PM..
95stenred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 09:22 PM   #164
jimbo858
Registered Member

with everything that's been said already, just wanted to thank the person who runs this website for sharing this with everyone else in the world. just so that we're aware of what MIGHT happen at any dealership/autobody shop/car repair shop/etc. thanks!
jimbo858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:21 PM   #165
Wolf2600
Registered Member

Linked from streetracing.org. No updates from stangman on his job?
Old 09-27-2002, 10:27 PM   #166
LexRoc
Registered Member

Hi,

As a former owner of a 94 and 96 GT Convertible, and as a general car nut, I am disgusted that this guy would do that, and then have the yans to post about it. Hey Stangman.....you know whats "wayyyyyyyyyy cooolllllll"? Its how you got busted. You are lucky the owners dont drag you out back, hogtie your lowlife ***** and bi..hslap you. Even that, is too good for you. You really need your kneecaps broken. Then maybe you would learn to respect what someone has worked and spent their hard earned moola on.
I picked up this thread on www.clublexus.com, and to the Mr. and Mrs. who own this car, I offer my sincere condolences. Best of luck to you guys and your beautiful ride.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:47 PM   #167
mnassour
Registered Member

One good thing out of this...a LOT of Mustang lovers (such as myself) have discovered this EXCELLENT forum.

I am just SO glad I don't have to empty Northside Ford's mailbox tomorrow. Does anyone know if this has made the local media in San Antonio?
mnassour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:31 PM   #168
twiggledoug
Registered Member

Post In from www.memepool.com

I don't drive anything special, (no really, it's not special, I'm not kidding) but I know that IF I had a hot car, I would want to be the one who controls how fast it goes and WHEN and WHERE.

It's not just high performance techs who jerk people around. It's the regular mechanics too. For this reason I study up on my car and know as much as I can about what the problem MIGHT be before I take the car in to the shop. And they better not try and rip me off telling me that I need work done that I don't. I've had that happen and the mechanic paid big time.

To mechanics:
We're watching, and we're not all dumb. Screw with one of us, and you screw with us all.
twiggledoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #169
jillianjiggs
Registered Member

Angry

As a member of Discussanything.com I'd like to let you know that I have linked to this thread here. I am with you one hundred percent in this. That imbocile and his superiors will get what they deserve.
jillianjiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #170
99 GT Coupe
Registered Member

I havn't read all 12 pages of this thread nor do I entend to. I have far better things to with my time.

I just wanted to say to Stangman;

You are a moron. What thought process went through your mind that allowed you to justify taking a car that wasn't yours nor did you have the approval of the owner to take the car and do what you did. YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU are the reason that I afraid to leave my cars anywhere, to get inspected, worked on, valleted, or anything that envolves anyone but I driving it. I am glad that you lost your job, you deserve it.
99 GT Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #171
FivePointOhh
Registered Member

Angry

I heard about this thread on LtownRacing.org in PA. I have always been apprehensive about taking my vehicles in for servicing. I have witnessed brand new cars being taken of carriers in an eratic behavior with scraping sounds comming from the vehicles. I had my car in for inspection at a local garage, got a phone call that my car was done, and when I came to get it the car was no where to be seen. I asked where my car was and was told a mechanic took it for a road test. Well, this mexhanic came tooling in with my top down holding coffees and snacks from 7-11! Some road test. Needless to say I never took my Stang back there again. I lement deeply for Tracie and her Cobra. I hope all works out for the best.

1989 Mustang GT Convertible - 210K Miles

306 CID/15k Miles, AOD Trans, 3:27 Gears, GT40 Intake, Ford Motorsport 65mm Throttle Body & 67mm EGR Spacer, 73mm C&L MAF, March Underdrive Pulleys, MAC Headers, Rear Girdle & Cold Air Induction System, Three Chamber Flowmasters with 2.5 in. Cat Backs, Factory Five Racing Polyurethane Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms, PST Polygraphite Front End Components
FivePointOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:54 PM   #172
phantom309
Registered Member

Representing the Porsche forums at www.rennlist.com

Here's wishing stangman great success with his new job at Jiffy Lube.....
phantom309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:57 PM   #173
Diesel Freak
Registered Member

Hello all, just visiting from www.turbodieselregister.com

A similar thing happened to me when I took my truck in for a recall. The difference here was that I saw the Mechanic leave the lot with my truck. 15 minutes later he returns....the brakes smelled hot, and the bonehead shut the engine down with over 650F showing on the Pyrometer (yes it is a modified Dodge Diesel dyno'd at over 370 Rear wheel HP) normal around town temp is about 450-500F...I smelled a Rat......I vented on the service manager and felt much better.

This is definately not an isolated case. I admit that I abuse my truck, but I want to be the one that screws it up...not some idiot Monkey at the dealer.
Diesel Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:11 AM   #174
2k2Tribute
Registered Member

This is awful. Just wanted to let you know that you've got our support over at www.escape-central.com too.

New Beetle owners care too, http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthre...threadid=18607

Last edited by 2k2Tribute; 09-28-2002 at 12:21 AM..
2k2Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:17 AM   #175
wyo_tech
Registered Member

Default dealership test drive

just came from another site and the owner of that cobra was one hot mama....yes...the news did travel fast..it made it to wyoming in no time flat...and not all of us mechanics are bad...some of us respect our customers and thier cars!!!
wyo_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #176
Phire
Registered Member

Default Hop I dont bring down you servers

hey just lettin yah know Im linkin yah to the 2 biggest pc forums in the us......

Already here

Then here

the second site has over 80k members sooo I hope we dont bring down your servers....word travels fast
Phire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 01:10 AM   #177
PizzyQ
Registered Member

Ahahahahha Boy did this guy get screwed or what
Im from Australia.......lmao, yup we know about it too.

http://www.performanceforums.com
http://www.pulsar.org.au
and various other australian forums.....lol
The whole Australian car enthusiast community knows about u man

Your a star! Whats it like in the limelight
PizzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 01:26 AM   #178
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Stupid, just plain stupid.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:06 AM   #179
Nephilim
Registered Member

Hello fellow car enthusiasts.

Just wanted to come by from Miata.net and show support for the owners of the abused Mustang. You have my best wishes and although I cannot speak for the rest of the great people at Miata.net, I'm sure they would give them too.

I hope that everything turns out great for the owners of the car (Todd and Tracy is it?), and I also hope that the dealership and tech get what they have coming (and more!).

Best of luck!
Neph

Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:07 AM   #180
Redline7000
Registered Member

Quite an impressive thread!

This has generated interest over at Miata.net as well:

http://www.miataforum.com/ubb/ultima...1;t=008041;p=1

Needless to say most agree that it's not cool for a 'Tech' to screw around with someone else's personal property, which is exactly what happened in this instance.

I've owned 3 Mustang GT 5.0 convertibles, two which were bought new, off the showroom floor, one which was highly modified. I could write a book about all the abuse that my cars and I received at the hands of the "trusted" mechanics at the dealerships and private garages I took my cars to over the years. Suffice to say, I'm not surprised at reading what happened with the Cobra. I am surprised at how utterly stupid Stangman96 was to have bragged about this on a public forum.

I wish the owners of this Cobra the best of luck but to be honest, I think the most they can hope for is what they've already received..the dismissal of the "Tech" and perhaps a lifetime of free oil changes..

Fortunately Mustangs are built to take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. A month after I dropped my new 351 Windsor into my '91 Stang I dynoed it twice, drove it 1400 miles to test and tune it and took it up to 125 mph..On the road course! The car did just fine. But the fact that their car emerged unscathed is no excuse for the lack of respect they received and this kind of treatment. They deserved better..even if the owner was *only* a woman!

It would be nice to think that paying $35k for a car would indeed guarantee "Quality Care" but as long as very fallible, immature human beings are hired to work on our cars there can be no guarantees. I'm not sure if I would even blame the dealership for this act..but I'd sure as hell be expecting the dealer to be keeping a close eye on the mechanics wrenching there in the future!

It's for this reason that over the years I learned to do a lot of the work myself or stayed with my car while it's being worked on..but unfortunately that isn't always possible. So one can only hope and pray.

In the end, I come off as so particular and such a wack job when it comes to my cars that most of the people who work on them are afraid to BREATH on them..never mind beat on 'em! Believe me,..it helps because they know that I'll be watching and waiting for any screw ups..Lord help 'em!

So my advice is to make a fuss over the little things..so the big things never happen.

One thing about this thread...Hopefully dealers all over will realize that the power of the Internet is indeed a formidable weapon..one that can be used to the CONSUMER'S advantage..and they will indeed toe the line and make sure that things like this don't happen. Word of mouth (the printed word) can indeed be a powerful tool.

Caveat de' emptor and good luck to all.

"Happiness isn't around the corner..It IS the corner!"
Redline7000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: