MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2002, 09:08 PM   #421
Rev
Registered Member

Default 29 pages?

OK, I've been through 29 pages of this, and it looks like I'm at odds with folks from around the world. To me , it seems like this lady took her car in and said it doesn't have adequate power. Poor mileage is an ignorant complaint to begin with. If not a 'punk' , who is supposed to test drive the car? What's the little lady's definition of a punk anyway? This guy is supposed to be the dealership's SVO "expert". When you take your car in for a "not enough power" complaint, a severe thrashing is a given in IMHO.

140 doesn't seem like much of a stress test for new '03 Cobra. A hand built performance engine with proper accurate clearances probably won't be hurt by such a test. I personally wouldn't do it. But I wouldn't put my car on a dyno with 1000 miles or whatever it had either. Certainly, I wouldn't invite the dealership to test it for inadequate power. Any idiot would know what was to follow.

OK, let the flames begin. I know that I disagree with almost everyone here.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 10:01 PM   #422
Zorro3000
Registered Member

Exclamation

I picked this on www.guideauto.com.

Well, It seems this topic has been read by a lot of people up to now! I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of a particular guy, or a particular Ford dealer at this moment... But hey, they deserve what is happening!

I can't wait to hear the conclusion of the legal procedures. Don't give up!

Cheers!

De la part d'un membre du forum Guideauto.
Zorro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 10:06 PM   #423
Bushmaster73
Registered Member

I posted this on Bushmaster73.com adding to the madness , Strangeman is a dumbass, that's a given, but if a SVT engine can't handle 140MPH then Ford makes a bigger piece of **** than I always though they did That doesn't excuse what the dumbass did, but I wouldn't base your outrage on him destroying the engine...
Old 10-04-2002, 10:24 PM   #424
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: From Pennock's Fiero Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Wipeout
Hey guys, I found the link from Pennock's Fiero Forum. While our preferences are different, our goals are the same and I am truly glad to see this troll get what he deserves.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/022320.html

P.S. The '87-'93 Mustang 5.0 is one of my favorite cars. This is my ride:
Hey Wipeout! Drop a Northstar in that b itch!
Old 10-05-2002, 12:02 AM   #425
1ton ismorefun
Registered Member

Blatent disrespect for peoples property, Period.

Saw this on a few boards like Pirate4X4 and Ford-Diesel, and I posted a link on my Green industry sites, Lawnforums.com and plowsite.com I hope that looser gets his *** beat.

~Nate~

No Officer...theres no blood in my alcohol system.......Officer I swear to drunk im not god !
1ton ismorefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 03:26 AM   #426
2+2mustang65
Registered Member

i hate this evil german freak! i know that his post was several pages back, but he still pisses me off. I come from a country that has no respect for speed limits and yeah, people often cruise over 120mph because not many can do better than that. Most cars that are used in Brazil are small and have little tiny engines. 2.0 is considered a large gas guzler!!

I thank whoever posted a lesson for the German bigot that hates 'stupid americans'. I believe that this man's [i don't really know if it's a man, for all i know it could be nutered] comments are raceist against all races that make up the American melting pot incluiding his own, but mostly targeting the american culture and his need to rub his country's poor policeing (wich is not a good thing). Most policemen in this country are very law abbiding (my mother has over 20 points on her lisence due to having to adjust to american traffic laws, she now utilizes a hardship lisence).

Linch the freak!!!!
2+2mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 03:45 AM   #427
2+2mustang65
Registered Member

P.S german guy, go hide in a placce where you can't bother others

I hate those who are intolerant of other's cultures even if they hate mine, it's not going to help me any to dispose my time and energy hating another, but you just enrage me!!! You, I hate.
2+2mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:08 AM   #428
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushmaster73 but if a SVT engine can't handle 140MPH then Ford makes a bigger piece of **** than I always though they did That doesn't excuse what the dumbass did, but I wouldn't base your outrage on him destroying the engine... [/B]
ford makes a bigger pos than i alway's THOUGH they did , lol you get the moron of the day award. bling, bling, KING. please dont tell me your a mechanic too. , the 03, can handle 140 & more, my gt has been to 135, what is your pos again? lol troll on. cya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:34 AM   #429
Bushmaster73
Registered Member

no Crazy Horse, I think you can keep the award another day! I was saying that I know that an SVT engine can handle 140, it damn well better be able to handle it. When a friend of mine had a 98 Cobra it reached close to those speeds all the time and he didn't have any internal problems...
Old 10-05-2002, 12:32 PM   #430
CoryFiero
Registered Member

Default Fiero Forums in

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/022320.html

Howdy
CoryFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:59 PM   #431
Maelgwyn
Registered Member

I've been lurking at this forum for awhile but this thread made me actually join up.
I had almost the exact same thing happen to me with the car in my av. Unfortunately for them I caught the mechanics dead to rights. They came roaring up to where I work in MY CAR. Needless to say they were fired and I got free oil changes for a year.
Stangman96 you are a poor example of a human being.
Maelgwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:19 PM   #432
khskenny
Registered Member

Just stopping in from http://cargasm.no-ip.com

I hope that all the legal stuff is going well for the Cobra owner. May this dealership never be able to service any SVTs agin. I'm going to tell all the people I know in Texas to avoid nsford.
khskenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 05:20 PM   #433
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushmaster73
no Crazy Horse, I think you can keep the award another day! I was saying that I know that an SVT engine can handle 140, it damn well better be able to handle it. When a friend of mine had a 98 Cobra it reached close to those speeds all the time and he didn't have any internal problems...
of course the car can handle it....but not one that hasnt been broken in...you never run a car hard before its been broken in...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:28 PM   #434
Bushmaster73
Registered Member

This is a car that was broken in HARD! I think he cranked this thing up the day he got it. Break a car in how you plan on driving it, and dynoing a car before it's broken in is much worse than running it....

Burnout

my god I'm gonna go through ALL my allocated bandwidth this month....
Old 10-05-2002, 07:49 PM   #435
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
nope pal, you just won it for a month, a guy i know built his pos chevy 3 times in 3 month's ,because he said break them in like your gonna drive them, well he built that junk 3 times before he got 300 miles on it. drive thru & claim your trophy.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-05-2002, 08:04 PM   #436
Bushmaster73
Registered Member

you know crazy horse, if you're gonna flame me, and call me a moron, it would seem like you'd wanna quote me from the right post at least...
Old 10-05-2002, 08:08 PM   #437
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
you know crazy horse, if you're gonna flame me, and call me a moron, it would seem like you'd wanna quote me from the right post at least...
oh excuse me, but to defend a mo fo who abuses someone else's ride, yet what do you drive, i dont want a flame war- ok, just dont defend an idiot that abused a lady's car, that's all. peace.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-05-2002, 08:24 PM   #438
Bushmaster73
Registered Member

where did I defend him? I said he was a dumbass and I can't defend what he did!!!! I did say that there is no way he destroyed the engine. If the engine was still in the breakin period, witch I didn't see tony or the dumbass say, then they should've never had it on a dyno because that would do a hellova lot more damage to it than running it would. I drive a 98 Chevy Cavalier Z24, witch I got for $3500 when gas got too damn expensive to drive a full size truck. It may be small and underpowered but it works for me for now Sorry if I don't like fords but I'm used to getting blasted for driving a Chevy and I could really care less...
Old 10-05-2002, 08:39 PM   #439
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
where did I defend him? I said he was a dumbass and I can't defend what he did!!!! I did say that there is no way he destroyed the engine. If the engine was still in the breakin period, witch I didn't see tony or the dumbass say, then they should've never had it on a dyno because that would do a hellova lot more damage to it than running it would. I drive a 98 Chevy Cavalier Z24, witch I got for $3500 when gas got too damn expensive to drive a full size truck. It may be small and underpowered but it works for me for now Sorry if I don't like fords but I'm used to getting blasted for driving a Chevy and I could really care less...
i never said that you said ford engine's can't handle that, or whatever, i didnt know that you drove a chevy, guess what??? i drove every chevy muscle car you could dream about, chevelle ss , 69 camaro's, nova's, etc, then i learned as i got older if you get a ford , keep up your maintence on them, well- you dont have to change - or re- build your engine every 70,000 mile's, so you cant tell me about chevy's i was mr chevy from the time i was 16 till i grew up at 23 then i found out about chevy's, they may be fast, but they just dont last. all i'm saying is let's forget this & move on, ok with you? peace. what im saying is i get blasted for driving a ford , but i dont care, i want to end this flame war man-to man. ok

R H C- member # 1

Last edited by Crazy Horse GT; 10-05-2002 at 09:03 PM..
Old 10-05-2002, 08:56 PM   #440
Thunder
Registered Member

Stopped by from www.diesel-central.com Hope the legal stuff goes her way. Good Luck Thunder
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote