MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 02:05 AM   #361
F250_Sid
Registered Member

Angry

Looks like I'm the first from The Diesel Stop , a place full of Ford Diesel enthusiast!

Hope all works out for the 03 Cobra owners!

We ought to take that EX-SVT tech out back and club him like a baby seal.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:24 AM   #362
Wolf2600
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WiseassFL

Bill in Orlando
00 XJR S/C

Droooool..... Love the XJR's.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:27 AM   #363
DarkOmen
Registered Member

I linked you guys over to the safehouse, another everquest message board. Its really sucks to see things like this happen, I wish you the best of luck in trying to get some compensation for this moron's "fun". Hopefully the sheer amount of attention has already helped.

Found the link at - http://pub130.ezboard.com/beqasylum
Posted a link to this thread to - http://pub117.ezboard.com/bthesafehouse
DarkOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:51 AM   #364
Black Majik
Registered Member

Poor Todd and Racerat:

I jus' wanted to give you guys more support over from the www.DTMPower.net board.

It truly amazes that this happened.... and furthermore how idiosyncratic this kid could be to even brag about it on a public message board filled by enthusiasts.

I guess the outcome he expected wasn't what he was lookin' for eh?

Stangman96... I'm glad to hear you got fired... I hope to never hear you become another technician again. ...Geez... Some people.

As a personal favor, in ur quest for a new job... stay away from BMW dealerships!

Good day.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:26 AM   #365
Spktyr
Registered Member

Default Wowzah...

Just posted this to my Jag forum at http://www.jagsource.org.

As an owner of one of the members of the "Ford Family Of Products", I am outraged that this idiot did this. Suffice it to say that I will be investigating the dealer's ownership and ensuring that I don't buy anything from the guy that owns this outfit.
Spktyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:52 AM   #366
Domestic Lover
Registered Member

All I can say is I've seen posts on other mustang boards, the owner of the testdriven Stang in question has read this thread and is filing a complaint with the dealer, probably as I type... I hope no one loses a job over this...

My only advice to people who take their cherished rides to the dealer.... write down the exact odometer readings, and make sure the service person you are dealign with does the same, if more then a KM is registered, then your car was probably taken for a joyride.
Domestic Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:16 AM   #367
capriZX
Registered Member

OK so this is not good. Elo 2 all u US stang owners frm the UK, i've always loved stangs, would love a '67 Shelby in the future but at the moment i'm stuck wit my little Citroen compact!

jus wanted 2 say this is complete fuckin madness! 140 in sum1 else's car without their permission! i do hope he loses his job, he don't deserve it if he treats other ppl's cars like that. Even at my local Citroen dealer i've seen them ragging cars around, even the base models wit little engines, and this is the reason there's no way i'm takin my car 2 a franchise when it needs servicing!

Poor Todd & your wife, i do hope u get things sorted and get sum compensation. I reckon this guy's gonna regret posting this post for a good long while yet and if nothing else he'll certainly learn frm his mistake. Good Luck! And try 2 look on the good side - at least he didn't crash the car.

Now, down to business, is anyone here willing to let me have their mustang?

no?

ok then.
capriZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:36 AM   #368
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: ring a Belle?

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
Is that why you left? cause some egotistical guy? what gives? just because of some losers are out there Belle, that shouldnt make you not want to stay, right? if that is why you left, so be it. let the "man" win!

Either be strong (which we know you are) or fall back, which you did(and i am confused about that). Maybe i am missing something. I tried to contact you, but no luck. Hope you stay. WE at Mustang Works want you to stay, and I personally want you to stay. I know you will read this.
People like Stangman shouldnt have to make you feel like its "a guys sport". don't let one bad apple ruin the bushel.
please stay.......James
Uh, I didn't say I left because some white trash loser is a homo...I said I left because of dishonest/cocky jerks who make posting annoying...I also said it was just one of many reasons.

I didn't fall back at all...Since Feb 01, I considered it enjoyable to post here...in the past few months, I have changed my tune. Just because I don't feel like arguing over a stupid post count anymore, being told my console is hot because I left my heater controls on or getting freaky leghumping PMs from people I don't know doesn't make me a quitter, it means I just don't have enough fun/enlightenment to continue posting! Anyways, its not really something that's up for debate, I just thought I'd address it since I didn't make the customary "farewell, ask me to stay" post

This place is STILL the best Mustang board on the 'net, I just don't personally get enough out of it anymore to come here in my now actually BUSY schedule I'm sure I'll make an occasional appearance to squawk at some idiot (lilke I did in this thread) ala Belle style!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 06:06 AM   #369
PKRWUD

Default Re: Re: ring a Belle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Just because I don't feel like arguing over a stupid post count anymore, being told my console is hot because I left my heater controls on or getting freaky leghumping PMs from people I don't know doesn't make me a quitter, it means I just don't have enough fun/enlightenment to continue posting! Anyways, its not really something that's up for debate, I just thought I'd address it since I didn't make the customary "farewell, ask me to stay" post
LOL! Cute last line. So sad, but true!

Well, I'm glad to know that you're doing okay. You are missed, but you already know that. I'm sure we'll see you around if we keep our eyes open.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:02 AM   #370
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Wow, I've been a member of Mustangworks for about a year. I've posted about 1600 times. And I've never even seen anything come up like this. I don't think I can go to a car site and not see this link. I can't even start to think where to comment on this situation because I agree and disagree with alot of peoples comments and it would take me months to reply to everyones comments. But here is my short comment....

What this guy did was extreamly stupid, none the less, he deserves to loose his job or be put on extreamly strict probabtion along with the owner of the '03 Cobra given something for all of her trouble through this situation. This is a car lovers worst nightmare. When I took my car into a performance shop I used to check on her everyday and checked my millage and everything. Although it was a good shop and a performance shop none the less so my car was nothing compared to what they had there, but it's always my fear. If I found out he was taking my car and beating the crap out of it I would of done the same to him. Although on the other hand if he had permission from his manager and the owner to do performance testing on the car, then I believe it would of been fine. He took this vehicle out for one reason, and that being to beat the crap out of it, he had no intensions of testing if anything was wrong performance wise.

On the other note Belle your leaving? Geese I've been away from Mustangworks too long. lol Who's going to help me when I got woman problems. You were always there to give me the straight smart *** answers that I needed. lol =) I'm going to have to get your email or something for when I need advice. Sorry to see you leave but I know what you mean, I didn't make a I'm leaving speach, I just stop on the site every now and then when I have time. This site has gone down the hill abit from when I joined. I still enjoy reading the funny adventures people get into and such. But even still that is gone, I havn't seen Mercury around. Maybe everyone will come back for the winter as you can't really drive if you live in a colder climate like some of us.

Take it Easy All,
¡ìam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:57 PM   #371
Spktyr
Registered Member

Default Re: Wowzah...

Quote:
Originally posted by Spktyr
Just posted this to my Jag forum at http://www.jagsource.org.

As an owner of one of the members of the "Ford Family Of Products", I am outraged that this idiot did this. Suffice it to say that I will be investigating the dealer's ownership and ensuring that I don't buy anything from the guy that owns this outfit.
Did some digging.

Northside Ford is owned by McCombs Enterprises, which appears to own a number of dealers in the San Antonio area.

http://www.redmac.com/

Notice all the brands and lines that this corporation carries.

Wonder what would happen if someone started telling the other makers about just how this dealership treats customers.

I'm dam*** sure that I'm not going to buy anything from any dealership in this conglomerate.

Their main office number is 210-821-6523. I just called them, they said they hadn't heard anything about it at all.

Fix that, will y'all? Go nuts. Be polite and civil, but explain things to them...
Spktyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #372
Team Extreme Racing
Registered Member

I own the Performance shop that she took her 03 cobra to have Dynoed we hooked up the wide band o2 to check the air fuel and it was running rich 10:1 this is why she had poor gas mileage the tech has no idea what he is talking about all they do is plug in the scanner and read the o2’s and check if there any codes. The stock o2 is limited of the range they read that is why you use a wide band o2

She had a legitimate complaint when she said her car was running to rich.
He stresses that it is a chick but she is very knowledgeable when it comes to her cars so I guess when a lady brings in her car you don’t have to take them seriously just because it is a chick .Well you proved her point she said she did not want a punk to drive her car and that is exactly what she got was a punk.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:22 PM   #373
Nick DTM
Registered Member

Checking in here from www.DTMPower.net and www.my350Z.com

Glad that ******* got fired, and hope everything works out well for the owner!
Nick DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:42 PM   #374
smoothy
Registered Member

hrm, i found this thread from cruel.com (indirectly), guess its everywhere now...

for what it's worth, i understand there's a job opening at Northside Ford as a service technician. anyone interested please apply at

http://nsford.com/Theme/T7Blue/defau...age=Employment

stangman better not apply, i dont think he has the horsepower in his noggin to handle such a serious job.
smoothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:00 PM   #375
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Here is a copy of my email to Northside Ford. I couln't find a regular contact email for the GM, so I submitted this in their service request section:

"Please forward this to the general manager.

I do not wish to make a service appointment, and from what I've read about your service techs, I am telling everyone I know in the San Antonio area to steer clear of this dealership and the others owned by McCombs Enterprises. (My husband was born and raised in Jourdanton, TX, and we still have many family members and friends in the area.) I refer to a recent incident involving a 2003 Cobra, of which I'm sure you're aware.

I'm very disappointed in your apparent lack of effort to restore the injured customer's faith in your service department and in your dealership's overall customer relations. This customer was severely wronged by an employee of yours, which makes you responsible to some degree, but firing the service tech is merely going through the motions. I feel strongly that something more needs to be done to show your good faith, to prove that the customer's business is meaningful to you (if, in fact, it is), and to somewhat undo the damage both to the customer in question and to your dealership. Not only would this be good customer relations and the right thing to do, but I believe it would be in your own best interest to do so.

I will leave it up to you and/or her lawyer to decide what compensation would be appropriate. As I'm sure you're aware, the anguish and uproar this has caused is far and wide. Global, in fact; the incident is very famous having been posted on every known car club web site, as well as biker sites, truck sites, and even gaming sites. Those of us in the Mustang community are particulary outraged, and I for one, await the news of a good-faith move on your part. In the meantime, nobody I know will go near your dealership for any reason.

Sincerely,
Rhonda Hernandez "

That's my .02 cents.

P.S. Tracy--feel free to copy and print this if it will help you at all.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:43 PM   #376
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation Re: Re: ring a Belle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Uh, I didn't say I left because some white trash loser is a homo...I said I left because of dishonest/cocky jerks who make posting annoying...I also said it was just one of many reasons.

I didn't fall back at all...Since Feb 01, I considered it enjoyable to post here...in the past few months, I have changed my tune. Just because I don't feel like arguing over a stupid post count anymore, being told my console is hot because I left my heater controls on or getting freaky leghumping PMs from people I don't know doesn't make me a quitter, it means I just don't have enough fun/enlightenment to continue posting! Anyways, its not really something that's up for debate, I just thought I'd address it since I didn't make the customary "farewell, ask me to stay" post

This place is STILL the best Mustang board on the 'net, I just don't personally get enough out of it anymore to come here in my now actually BUSY schedule I'm sure I'll make an occasional appearance to squawk at some idiot (lilke I did in this thread) ala Belle style!
sounds like you gotta do what you gotta do.

P.S. if my leghumping bothered you, why didn't you tell me to stop? i was having a good ole' time!
i tried emailing you and no response. but you are busy so i understand. take care.
also i was wondering how Matts car is coming along. any mods yet?
i guess i will see you aroung the boards sometime.......
Old 10-01-2002, 10:45 PM   #377
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
That's my .02 cents.
MORE LIKE A DOLLAR!! good job! very well put and to the point!
Old 10-01-2002, 11:03 PM   #378
AllenBomber
Registered Member

Unhappy Feel bad for some other people

Checking in from the www.carsound.com forums.

I feel bad for the dealership. With all thats going on, I wouldn't be surprised if this put them out of business, or atleast restrict their income to the point where they had to lay a buch of people off. I mean they were the only SVT service department in the area. That means they were a rather large dealership. If revenus drop because of this, they'd have no choice but to start firing people not involved in this. Of course I feel bad for the owner of the car, but now because of one dumb@ss tech, the owner of this dealership could end up working at McDonalds for all we know. Yes, the guy was an idiot, but I feel just as bad for the innocent partys involved that this could get their lives screwed with as I do for the owner.

Also, with how big this has gotten, am I the only one who's seeing potential "Movie of the Week" written all over this?

Last edited by AllenBomber; 10-01-2002 at 11:17 PM..
AllenBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:18 PM   #379
Oz Wendy
Registered Member

PT Cruiser Owners Club, Australia is behind you 1000%

Forget about extending warranties and all that stuff, go for a lifetime service agreement - they screwed you around, they got caught out, they should pay. Get everything you can and good luck with it all.

Wendy
PTOC Australia Director
Old 10-02-2002, 01:15 AM   #380
Lysol
Registered Member

Default unbelievable

Good job nailing his anus. BTW; the post made it out of the 'enthusiats' boards and onto:
http://www.escrew.com/showthread.php?threadid=9362

Good Luck

Last edited by Lysol; 10-02-2002 at 01:25 AM..
Lysol is offline   Reply With Quote