MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 01:57 AM   #101
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The thread was closed, but Dan wanted it to stay open.... and he pays the bills.

On another note, its amazing how far this has gone and the outpouring of support for the owners from everywhere and anywhere.... WOW!

Thats what I thought, every new person is more money to him.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:03 AM   #102
LarsD
Registered Member

Heard about this through www.moparchat.com . Heh, don't know what to say about this except not all of us in Texas are this dumb, thanks for the press stangman96
LarsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:03 AM   #103
BLACK 93 PGT
Registered Member

i caught wind of this thread over on www.probetalk.com
and i would like to say that this ******* got what he deserved. this is exactly the reason why i do the work on my car myself.even though it only costed me 3500$, and put in almost 3k . it is still my transportation and if anyone is going to beat the **** out of my car it will be ME.this really pisses me off how this fag comes on here BRAGGING about how he took the car past 140 or whatever.
btw stangman i would like my value meal supersized and please hold the onions...

Last edited by BLACK 93 PGT; 09-27-2002 at 02:11 AM..
BLACK 93 PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:13 AM   #104
Thanos
Registered Member

I am obviously not from this forum .....*points to sig* but i have spent 9 months and $15,000 of my life building my 1978 Trans Am and being raised around cars from a 1970 SS Chevelle, 1969 Mustang Mach 1, 1971 RT Challenger, 1971 Convertable Hemi Cuda, Superbird (forget year), 1970 Buick GS 455. So i have been around (i'm 18.) I don't claim to know jack about all those cars but i have ridden or help work on all of them. So this comes straight from a car lover's heart.

Let me start by saying that this thread has passed into vidoegame forums also at Bid For Power and even the few car people there are disgusted. This man is lucky i did not catch him with my baby or they might never find his knee caps, especially since my car would never make it to much past 120 mph without throwing a rod out of the block (455 OLDS engines have too much stroke for that) .

ok my part has been said and i hope i am not intruding but this touched my engine...err...heart (hehe) now good luck to the owner of the Cobra and i say got for the throat!

All you could ever want in a Forum. Including the greatest Role Play ever...The Oro Dojo. _Anime Flipside

YOU ADRESS OMNIPOTENCE MIGHTY WARRIOR
TREAD WITH CIRCUMSPECTION...
Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:24 AM   #105
Blackwolf
Registered Member

This just reinforces my concern over leaving my Jeeps and Superduty at a dealer. BTW, watch out for window-tinting shops too. They love to "test" their cars.

Have you ever seen so many variaties of vehicle enthusiasts come together on an issue?

You can add Jeep owners to the list of disgusted, as Wooders said before.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/

http://www.ilovejeeps.com

Alan
Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:31 AM   #106
pete408cobra
Registered Member

This **** is all over the internet, probably like over 40 different boards! I wouldn't be suprised if it was in MM&FF or 5.0 Mags!

Just your average high 11 sec All Motor 5.0 Cobra
pete408cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:35 AM   #107
Coupe Devil

Well after reading this thread here ( after finally being able to get into it ) and reading several other threads at other sites I have been so graciously linked to from here and afar. I must say that this behavior is an absolute outrage. I do not feel sympathy for the mechanic in question at all. He knew what he was doing at the time and any human being with any curteosy ( sp ) and dignity wouldnt hvae done what he did to this car.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:46 AM   #108
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down UUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!1

Quote:
Originally posted by LarsD
Heard about this through www.moparchat.com . Heh, don't know what to say about this except not all of us in Texas are this dumb, thanks for the press stangman96
****AMEN BRUTHA!!!!!!!!! ****
GEEZ.........
This is the first ******* time Ive even been able to get BACK ON MW since last night!!!!!!!! I feel orphaned!

FWIW: Being a long term, very active and FEMALE member of this board...I'm blown away.......

Ya know, MW is very tight nit! Everyone here cares deeply for thier fellow Stangers as those of you that frequent this board has seen time and time again over the past year , couple years, or however long youve been a member....

We've helped each other with illnesses, bankruptcys, divorces, death, sick kids, fatal and life changing car accidents to family and friends, fk'd up home aquisitions, dealing w/ life on a daily basis.......

I have NEVER seen anything like this before! Unfortunately, some just dont have the common sense or the knowledge of how to deal w/ being respectful, PROFESSIONAL, or to just have a clue !!! I find it unfortunate that this has come about at the expense of a member, BUT.....he dug his own grave! AND put it in writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after rereading the post and I evidently missed the derrogatory remarks about this being a "female" owners car...like that should make a difference? I get so sick and tired of guys dogging out women in the sport..granted, not MANY do...but this is something I get HIGHLY offended about..but thats not the issue..

Ive met some of my best friends on this very forum...and I know that like I posted before, that theres 98% of MW'ers behind Tracie because I know the kind of people they are! Its unfortunate that it took something of this magnitude to bring everyone together, but in the long run, It will be a positive ending.

I do hope that the dealership will act quickly and compensate Tracie what she is due...I dont know how many miles are on the car, but I think EVERYONE here knows that you dont drive it off the showroom floor and dog it. (to that extent) I might be wrong, (and I'm sure SOMEONE will tell me if I am,) but I feel there is a differnce between running the sh*t out of it and thrashing it on the road and doing a Dyno where its is supervised.

so...I just want ya'll to know I think its really cool to read thru all these hundreds of posts on the 2 boards and to see the diverseness of the groups and individuals that posted on both sites... Times like this it doesnot really matter what you drive! Domestic, Foriegn, Chevy, whatever....It just makes ME feel good to know that someone's got your back when you need it!!!!!!!!!

Anyways...best of luck to ya girl!
Christine /Topless In Texas/

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:49 AM   #109
PearlBlueSoul
Registered Member

Just wanted to post for a few boards I've informed about this lil incident....it's almost as bad as the shitty service someone reported at vortex.com.

Both the Toyota MR2 ( http://board.mr2faq.com ) and Pontiac Fiero ( http://www.fiero.nl ) web forums now know of this moron's actions. MAN I would be so pissed if my MR2 got handled like that and I found out. heads would roll.

Also posting for www.sportbikes.net, but there've been a few who've posted already.

Best luck to you Todd and to your wife on a healthy Stang after all that. Hope this guy gets a cell mate named bubba...I think someone needs to learn about the universal applications of KY jelly...
Old 09-27-2002, 03:04 AM   #110
johnnyx
Registered Member

Angry Wow

Coming from http://www.xterraownersclub.com...

What a *******... Just want to show support from (crazy enough...), the offroading world.

He'll be looking for work for a long time...
johnnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 03:15 AM   #111
modsquad187
Registered Member

stangman96.....man, what an @$$ Cl0wn!!!

Hey pal, I'm glad you got fired.

Blue01GT, you are a complete idiot! I've driven SN95 Mustangs at high speeds & anything over about 120 is scary for more than a quick burst of speed. The front ends tend to float. Also, your car wasn't designed for high speed driving if it is stock trim. If you drove you car at WOT for about 20 miles or more you'd probably fry your rear end & probably overheat your crankcase. They don't come with proper cooling systems for more than a short run up through the gears. If you had to brake at those speeds you would fry your rotors too because unless you have a SVT, your factory brakes suck too.

I guess it would take someone getting hurt in front of you to make you aware of the dangers of driving wrecklessly on public highways. Especially with all the morons tooling around yapping on phones barely paying attention to the road.

The Deuce
Quote:
techs have the ability to road test cars.
this may be true but being a tech doesn't mean you can break the law & exceed the speed limits & most of all endanger the lives of our family and friends that also use these PUBLIC roads.

Topless In Texas, I've seen your ride at some of the shows at the FFW in Enis I think back in 99.....I won $$ in the Modular class that year!.......clean car girl, keep up the good work. If you don't know about www.westsidemustangs.com you should check it out, it's a local thing, great group of people in that club. I went over to the Dark Side now though , just got my 02 Quicksilver TransAm last nite from Ron Carter Autoland

Our forums views on this

'02 TransAm
modsquad187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 03:31 AM   #112
Hndatch627
Registered Member

Unhappy Dumb

You don't know how much I sympathize with the owners of this car. I unfortunately have the dilemma of being a dealer technician and also the dilemma of being a car enthusiast myself. Nothing would piss me off more then to find out that I took my car in for a routine warranty repair only to find that the Technician working on my car had just decided that my car needed to go 0-100 as fast as possible. I deal with pretty fun cars on a regular basis, we are the shop pretty much everyone brings their S2k's to and there's one word i can reccomend to you, it's call restraint. First of all you are a flat out ****** idiot, not only for doing this but for having the lack of intelligence to go post it on the internet and then be STUPID enough to put the damn customer's license plates. I totally think you got what you deserved and have absolutely zero sympathy for you. If there was only a darwin award for the person to lose their job in the most stupid manor.

Coming Here from www.i-club.com

Jeremy

A.k.a. HndaTch627
Hndatch627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:05 AM   #113
1994gti
Registered Member

man, what u did was not cool. i got the link to this thread from www.vwdov.ca and also from www.revscene.net.....allthose guys said that u are a retard........not cool man
1994gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:10 AM   #114
R/T 4U2NV
Registered Member

http://forums.delphiforums.com/dakot...es/?msg=9272.1

Got wind of this at the Dodge Dakota R/T forums....

We feel your pain as Dodge has some of the worst service departments I've ever seen. They've refused to fix power windows because the claim MSD-6AL shorted it out. They've refused to fix a driveshaft vibration on club cabs because they said my tires were too wide and my exhaust wasn't bolted up in the stock location.

Just to let you know, there is a rather large gathering of Texas R/Ts. Texas probably holds the biggest chapter of the national club. If ya need anything, just let us know. If ya know what I mean....

Best Time N/A: 14.0@97.5 (stock heads, cam, trans)
Best Time N20: ???
R/T 4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:20 AM   #115
darthpsychotic
Registered Member

I came over here from a Starwars board called the theforce.net Jedi Council, which is a fascist, horrid messageboard full of un-funnies and knuckle draggers.

I haven't read something so fcuked up funny on a Interweb posty board since Missninfan came out of the closet. Seriously, I haven't seen abuse of power like this since Ryan Costello gave out ghey custom titles to innocent users at the JC.

Poop Todd, not only should you have Northside Ford provide compensation for the asinine behavior exhibited by one of its technicians, you should also demand they shut down completely and give their land back to the Indians.

Vertical.
darthpsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:46 AM   #116
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by darthpsychotic
I came over here from a Starwars board called the theforce.net Jedi Council, which is a fascist, horrid messageboard full of un-funnies and knuckle draggers.

I haven't read something so fcuked up funny on a Interweb posty board since Missninfan came out of the closet. Seriously, I haven't seen abuse of power like this since Ryan Costello gave out ghey custom titles to innocent users at the JC.

Poop Todd, not only should you have Northside Ford provide compensation for the asinine behavior exhibited by one of its technicians, you should also demand they shut down completely and give their land back to the Indians.

Vertical.

Nothing aginst u, but were u speaking english there?!? Did anyone else notice that ever since the owner posted, the guy hasn't shown his face back up in here again. I don't think he ever will again. What a dork.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 09-27-2002, 05:24 AM   #117
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

oh my god now we are getting invaded by trekkie's lol, martian's anyone?

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 05:26 AM   #118
ProlepsisMaximus
Registered Member

I found my way to this thread from www.nissanx.com. This has to be the most disgusting thing I have had the displeasure of reading in weeks.

As an avid street racer, I have pushed my car to its limit more times than I can remember, and I am still thrilled each time I do it. As such, I can understand the urge to push a 2k3 Cobra. However, I would never dream of wailing someone else's car without the owner's consent. To do so is immature, irresponsible, and just plain wrong. It's not your car, you have no right to operate it in any manner beyond that which is necessary to do the job you are being paid for. Even worse, the owner specifically stated that she didn't want you messing with her car and you did it anyways. People like you, who have no respect for other people's property, make me sick. You totally deserve to be out of a job. My condolences go out to the owner, and I hope that the dealer makes appropriate compensation.

That said, to any of my fellow auto enthusiasts out there who happen to cross paths with Gemini the Maxima, I issue a friendly challenge: pull up next to me and lets see what happens!

Moderator, NissanX.com
ProlepsisMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 05:37 AM   #119
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

My friend just checked his fourm page in Hawaii, it's called www.insaynestangs.com it too has heard about this. I tell u, it's everywhere.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 09-27-2002, 05:43 AM   #120
analog_fog
Registered Member

Default wow

This thread has spanned every piece of the web.. and every niche of the Internet

gr33ts from the SCCOA

www.sccoa.com

-----
[size=4]MoVeOn[/size]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: