MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #281
coderx75
Registered Member

Talking WOW! =D

This has spread to the computer game development community (http://www.gamedev.net/). =)

I just happen to link from the gamedev site and began reading. I was pretty blown away buy stangman's stupidity but what is even more amazing is that this took place at Northside Ford in San Antonio. I live in SA and was just at that dealership last week and was thinking about buying a car from them.

This thread has changed my mind about my purchase. I will either find a different Ford dealership or I'll stick to my tried and true Hondas =)

<i>There's an old saying in Tennessee... well, it's in Texas but probably in Tennessee too. It say's, "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you... uh... ya fooled meh uh can't get fooled again."
- George W. Bush</i>

<a href="http://www.mp3.com/jayflaherty" target="_TOP"><b>Get Tranced!</b></a>
coderx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:10 PM   #282
quiet hot head
Registered Member

Heard about this from http://corvetteforum.com

None of you know me here; so take this for what you think its worth:

to stangman96:
Imagine the sensation of swallowing a mixture of your own
blood and teeth. Maybe not tomorrow, nor next week; nor two years from now. But when you least expect it; from one of many that are capable.

to Badass_yellowGT (i have to say though don`t blame the tech for frying tires.):
It's not your personal property.

(anybody who brings there car to the dealer for repairs instead of doing them repairs themself):
When buying a new car; part of the price is the free warranty service. I paid for it; and I will get what I paid for.

to Titan (go stangman...next time, stop by Ga-Tech and pick me up):
blood and teeth. Maybe not tomorrow, nor next week; nor two years from now. But when you least expect it; from one of many that are capable.

to Blue01GT (i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do.):

no, 99% of the people YOU hang with. And your later back-peddling does nto get you off the hook.

(Personally, I would have taken that car out to at LEAST 140 just like stangman and to HELL with the consequences.):

Those will be YOUR consequences; and on that day you will finally grow up.

(I dont think he should have pounced on stangman for making that cobra run a little. having wade73 insult stangman on this forum for letting that cobra stretch its legs)

it is not your personal property; it belongs to someone else.

mustangs are wasted on people like you

it is not your property; and its none of your business what people do with things they bought with their own money

maybe you should invest in an astrovan with a wheelchair lift,

ahhh; maybe YOU should....and soon little man.

to Skyman (THE CAR HAS BEEN THRASHED ON ON A DYNO).

doesn't matter how the owner drives the car. Their car is not your personal property.

to CrotchrocketCBR; (im a tech at an SVT dealership here in FL, and i cannot wait untill another 03 cobra comes in, because i will beat the living piss out of that car, )

just because your parents never spanked you; doesn't mean the rest of us can't get our hands on you.

(beat the living piss out of...).

Be careful what you wish for.

And if this forum wants to remain a quality site; those responsible/adult posters should mock "stangman96" and all those that supported him or his actions... EVERY TIME THEY POST. You will eventually shame them away. Then after they grow up and stop wacking off hourly; maybe they will re-join the forum under a different name and start contributing to the forums continued success.

All you little boys can laugh my comments off; especially in front of your friends to look big. Me; and others like myself are plenty "big" without having to say a word, and have a lot of patience, and will see to it that the right thing gets done at some time down the road.

Sleep tight.

Last edited by quiet hot head; 09-29-2002 at 03:20 PM..
quiet hot head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:27 PM   #283
tfritz
Registered Member

I'm chiming in from www.stangnet.com

OMFG! Where to start. Sure everyone already said much needed to be said about this. But I want to address the moronic idiotic followers/supporters of this tool as well. Mainly the runner up for the f uckTard award.

Yes, Congratulations Blue01GT you win second prize for the F ucktard award. I would've given you first place but who can top Stangman96. Holy f ucking s hit!! Please guys, do this world a favor and off your selves now.

Hey guys/gals, just got photos of the two a$$clowns that test drove the Cobra:

Last edited by tfritz; 09-29-2002 at 03:06 PM..
tfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #284
GRRR428
Registered Member

Default Not Cool

I read about this on the Mustang 428 Cobra Jet site:
http://pub88.ezboard.com/bmustang428...tregistryforum

Having owned a 90 5.0 Mustang convertible and currently a 94 SHO and a 69 428CJ Cougar convertible I'd have been real angry if I knew someone was intentionally trashing my car.
I know it's happened with my SHO. I had some work done at MOSSY FORD in San Diego and the SHO came back with the front bumper cover pushed up over the driving light frame support. They said it came in that way! Lying scumbags. Finally, they did agree to pay half, like an idiot I just let it go at that. It still cost me $300. I'm looking at a new Fords, guess where I won't be buying from!!!!

I've done some pretty stupid things in MY cars (I did 135 on I-5 to SF, traffic was nonexistant, but it was still dumb.........and it was a long time ago!) but the point is they are MY cars. If it breaks it's my fault. I've also been kind of hard on cars when I test drive them (the dealership owns them and the salesperson is along to say "whoa" or turns white, whichever comes first) but never over 100.

That mechanic sounded like a misogynist, hating that woman because she owned a new Cobra convertible. A little jealous perhaps?

Tim B

Last edited by GRRR428; 09-29-2002 at 02:45 PM..
GRRR428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #285
silverspecv
Registered Member

Man what an idiot, its amazing how fast this spred around the internet. I read about this at http://www.thevboard.com and http://www.b15sentra.net. To the owners Poor Todd and his wife good luck, I hope everything works out for you
silverspecv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #286
silverspecv
Registered Member

Man what an idiot, its amazing how fast this spread around the internet. I read about this at http://www.thevboard.com and http://www.b15sentra.net. To the owners Poor Todd and his wife good luck, I hope everything works out for you
silverspecv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:59 PM   #287
The Bobs
Registered Member

Read about this story over in
http://fordmuscle.com/phpBB/viewtopi...7396&forum=1&4

It makes me happy to see that justice has and is being served. Tracy, keep up the pressure and don't stop until you make that Dealer squeal.

Some philosophical points for Stangman96 to ponder, and as a James Earl Jones said in Conan the Barbarian, "Contemplate this on the tree of woe, crucify him."

"Life is tough... It's even tougher when you are stupid."
"The stupid shall be punished"
"Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Oh, and Stangman96... In your new job, don't forget to ask, "And what kind of sauce would you like with those nuggets, sir?"

Steve
The Bobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 03:29 PM   #288
Baron87
Registered Member

Default Wow...

sorry about double post...

(Not owned/endorsed/affiliated by/with General Motors Corporation)
Baron87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 03:31 PM   #289
Baron87
Registered Member

Default Wow...

Heard about this originally from Cheers and Gears Forums. I think the entire staff of CheersandGears.com, as well as Heritage Reborn (global cadillac owners/enthusiasts network) would like to affirm that we are truly appalled, and that as enthusiasts and members of the automotive industry we always work to provide the best for our clients, and work to reward those dealers that provide exceptional service. Even though I am a "GM Guy", I must say to you: don't take anything against Ford or its dealers as a whole. There are going to be crazy people in the world, and they'll do crazy things. This nutcase got what he wanted; he got the attention of hundreds of thousands of car fans, and at least a few dozen people like myself who work within the industry, and has lawyers crawling all over him by now. I'm sure this will serve as a lesson to all: dealers, owners, and technicians alike. But rest assured, that within the industry, we're trying to provide you the best...

(BTW: I was strongly cautioned about posting so publicly like this, but what the hell, I think I needed to get the word out that we're listening.)

Cheers,

(Not owned/endorsed/affiliated by/with General Motors Corporation)
Baron87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:00 PM   #290
A Mopar guy
Registered Member

Default It's on Moparts.com now

Hi all,

My mother just emailed me with a link to this thread. After reading a few pages, I decided to post it over on Moparts.com. I'm sure many of us will be shocked and surprised too. I'm not really a Mustang guy, but I hate to see anyone's car abused like that by anyone other than them. At least the idiot has been fired. I just wanted to weigh in with some support. By the way, Ford lover or not, I have to say that the '03 Cobra rocks! I've only seen one in person, and the guy was religious about keeping it clean and perfect. For what it's worth, my wife has a '97 V6 Mustang, and it runs great. Stock as the day it rolled off the showroom floor, reliable and dependable.
A Mopar guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:10 PM   #291
Norfolk_Mustard
Registered Member

Default It's on LOTUSBBS.com

It's made it all the way to the UK on the Lotus bulliten board.

.http://www.lotusbbs.com

I caught a tech here in the UK giving my old Elise full throttle across the car park, the discussion with the dealership principle wasn't pleasant, for him.

2000 Lotus Elise Sport 160
1962 Mini Cooper
Norfolk_Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:11 PM   #292
JaxTheDJ
Registered Member

Default I think the Hamster fell off the wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by CrotchrocketCBR
bring your car into an svt dealership in northern FL and take your chances , and no im not related to him, or even know him, i just know what goes on that the customers arent aware of, and im willing to bet that the manager knew what he did to this car, but had to have him fired just please the customer, ive seen it before.
Obviously by his sig line this is a pain in the *** in and out of traffic noodge....I live in North Fla. and belong to several Mustang Clubs here,I am forwarding this post to our club websites to warn them,I am sure this post will be printed and distributed to ALL the SVO dealeships here in N.Fla so hammer away moron......you and Stangrunner can double up on the drive thru at Mickey D's. But hey,there's an upside to this.....you can BOTH get an audition for America's DUMBEST Criminals.....nahhhhh even those guys have more sense than that.
1989 Mustang LX: Converted to Carb.650 AED Holley DP,Weiand Stealth Intake,Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Heads,Hooker Super Comps, Ground Pounder Uppers and Lowers,Moroso Drag Springs,NEW COMP Xtreme Energy Cam and 1.6 RR. ,a few other goodies.*** New 1/4 times-12.50
1987 SC GT ( fast as hell)
2001 Powerstroke Tow Vehicle 1989 Coupe.

Sometimes when you cry,no one sees your tears..........
Sometimes when you are happy,no one sees your smile.........
But,FART just ONE time..........
JaxTheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:08 PM   #293
BerettaBri
Registered Member

This is from the Beretta community over at bstuff.com & the beretta.net message board. Me & my colleagues express concern on the matter at hand. This is an outrage to car owners everywhere & I've hoped we've all learned our lesson about gettin our car fixed. I too, have had to wait 6 and a half hours to have my car have it's oil changed & tires rotated. In that time, I dunno what happened, but I hope the worst didn't. I express my sympathy to the owner of the Cobra... Oh & by the way Stangman, you earn:

Check out the site for mods & info: http://www.marist.edu/~KBPPK/predator.html

Last edited by BerettaBri; 09-29-2002 at 05:15 PM..
BerettaBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:18 PM   #294
mrsentraser
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
In this case, neither the S60 or the S80 starts out more expensive than a $40k Mustang Cobra convertable. Not to mention the Cobra's are seeing thousands of extra tacked onto them in most cases due to the very limited nature of the car.
I read earlier that it was only a $35k car. I know for fact that the S80's are atleast $39k, and the executive edition is over $45k (another limited car). I've also driven the C70 convertible that's well over $48K. who cares though, they're both Ford products now.
mrsentraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:23 PM   #295
badcatt70XR7
Registered Member

Default Wow, And I thought people knew better!

It was bad enough that he told us he did this, Then he gives us the license number of the car he did this to.
I nominate him for the dumbest man of the year award!
Di I have a second?
Old 09-29-2002, 05:35 PM   #296
Stuttgart951
Registered Member

Well, this thread made it to the Porsche boards. Hello from Rennlist, glad this guy isnt my tech.

http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ul...&f=15&t=011685
Old 09-29-2002, 05:53 PM   #297
huckedup16
Registered Member

Just dropping in from www.i-club.com (Subaru Owners Club). I think I speak for everyone there when I say that this is a horrible problem that happens everyday but goes un noticed until someone as stupid as this guy comes around.
huckedup16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:05 PM   #298
ChopShopCustomz
Registered Member

I heard about this jagoff from www.oanielsen.com/forums/tinting/index.php my window tinting forum. That guy is a retard. The owners should find him and pi$$ on him.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:28 PM   #299
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsentraser
I read earlier that it was only a $35k car. I know for fact that the S80's are atleast $39k, and the executive edition is over $45k (another limited car). I've also driven the C70 convertible that's well over $48K. who cares though, they're both Ford products now.
I think I said starting price, didn't I? If not, I can correct myself now. The $35k comment was incorrect as I forgot it was a convertable. The coupe is $35k, the vert closer to $40k.

If you went by the Ford deal, what if the tech thrashes an Aston Martin Vanquish? Hehe. That's now under Ford as well, and is what, like $200k?

Doesn't really matter though, the tech thrashed the owners car, period.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:45 PM   #300
amenasce
Registered Member

Hehehe ! im from Ferrarichat !
And this guy should enter the Darwin award contest ..!
amenasce is offline   Reply With Quote