MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 05:17 PM   #341
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well, well, well....

Just spent over an hour reading all the responses. To repeat what many others have said, I am very impressed with how far this thread has spread, and I am disgusted by the actions of the technician.

Have I ever dogged a car? Yes. Was it someone elses car? No. I drive my car hard because that, in my opinion, was how it was built to drive. It's a sports car. However, to take someone elses property and completely disrespect their pointed wishes and thrash the car (reguardless of if it was damaged or not) is just juvenile.

I rarely take my car to a dealer (I think it's been in twice), and those times only involved something that had to be fixed immediately or something that I do not have the resources to fix myself. I just don't trust them in general. Sure, maybe they could fix my car up better than I could in some instances, but if I screw something up while working on it, I know exactly what I did and can only blame myself. I'd rather not spin the cylinder and pull the trigger each time I take my car in.

Hopefully this thread will raise the awareness of those irresponsible technicians out there. People will be watching. And to all you other techs who work hard and responsibly to keep motor enthusiasts on the road, my hat is off to you.

Over 320 responses and over 270,000 views...Wow! No wonder I couldn't log on the end of last week, even on a T1 connection.

To all you new members out there, I hope many of you stick around and make worthwhile contributions to this board. This is definately one of the best Mustang-specific sites on the net.

Dan, thanks for working hard to keep this site up and running. Glad to see that things are returning to normal, although I did see over 400 guests visiting the boards when I logged on today. Again. Wow.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 05:24 PM   #342
spaceghost65
Registered Member

checking in from PavementSucks.com

i had it happen to me. Dropped off my 96' Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 to have electrical looked at, picked it up and it would not shift out of first. could killed em, it had MUD al over the side , i filed with small claims and got everything repaired. Nobody f***s wit da Jesus!

http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/...75&forum=1&21o
spaceghost65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 05:54 PM   #343
red85mr
Registered Member

Just wanted to show support and condolences for Tracy - the owner.

The post came through the MR2-NW email list, and all there are in suppport.

Our group is very fortunate to have a local Toyota dealer with good management, and a member of our group on staff.

Hope all turns out well in the end, glad to hear the idiot at least isn't doing further damage at that dealership.

Another automotive enthusiast, near bone stock. Mid engined is the only way to go! It may be made in Japan, but it's still fun to drive!
red85mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 06:04 PM   #344
DrHeathenScum
Registered Member

checking in from www.slackjawed.net ... Some of us are car enthusiasts, like myself, but mostly we're just a bunch of fried (ex)dot-com workers... yes, this thread is famous outside the car boards.

ok, Stangman96 is a moron... regardless of what the car may have been put through by the OWNER, he had no right beating the piss out of that car. This is one of the reasons I hate bringing any of my vehicles in for service. I have an '03, 100th anniversary H-D Softail that is not replaceable, so I can relate.

Glad to see some justice was served.

:tard:

Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 09-30-2002 at 07:10 PM..
DrHeathenScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 06:26 PM   #345
Saab Turbo
Registered Member

Default Saab U.K.

Greetings from Saab Central

Much Kudos to the Mustang owners here.
Lets all hope that what happend to this woman doesn't happen to any of us.

Cheers!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:32 PM   #346
srv1
Get down.....

Default ring a Belle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
I am here to just offer my sympathy to the lady who owns the Cobra...not to play the fiddle or anything, but events like these are EXACTLY why less women get involved in the automobile hobby. I've heard many men complain about how "there aren't enough girls who like cars". Well, why should there be, when predators like Stangman96 exist? Selfish losers who must abuse the nice possessions of others since they don't feel like earning them through hard work...If I were in a line of work that people PAID ME to repair and respect their personal property, you bet yer *** I'd do my job, and do it well. The job market is tough right now, and I know there are deserving mechanics that will more than fill the disgusting shoes of Stangscumbag96. Individuals like him are part of WHY I quit this message board, a place I called my home for 1.5+ years.

A familar cliche comes to mind...also known as the Golden Rule Learn it Stangman, and you'll go farther in life.

Signing off,
Belle
Is that why you left? cause some egotistical guy? what gives? just because of some losers are out there Belle, that shouldnt make you not want to stay, right? if that is why you left, so be it. let the "man" win!
It is a male dominated sport for a long time. Women slowly start coming into this sport and some guys just cant handle it. Oh well, their loss! Most MEN WANT WOMEN IN THIS SPORT! Unfortunately, you will come across the "male domination" side of some guys. what can i say, that is society. Either be strong (which we know you are) or fall back, which you did(and i am confused about that). Maybe i am missing something. I tried to contact you, but no luck. Hope you stay. WE at Mustang Works want you to stay, and I personally want you to stay. I know you will read this.
People like Stangman shouldnt have to make you feel like its "a guys sport". don't let one bad apple ruin the bushel.
please stay.......James
Old 09-30-2002, 07:36 PM   #347
Monte Madness
Registered Member

Cool Referred through Monte Board

You know, at first this seemed to be one of those cooked-up internet things we see all the time, but after skimming these posts, it's either very elaborate, or just plain over-done.

Frankly, Stang-man's behavior didn't appal me, after all, I check the gas and milage on even warrenty repairs and services. What really disturbed me is all of the posts at first that backed him, and stoked his ego. Had the thread ended there, outsider's views of this board would not be positive. It's one thing to put excess strain on your own car, but no matter who you are, doing it someone else's is wrong, and could be considered illegal actually. Since the test drive ended when he decided to play for a little while, it could be considered theft. The fact that he then posted her licence plate is also a breach of trust and privacy.

There is a fairly large Cobra Jet group here where I live, and while many of them are Marines, none of them seems to be as inconsiderate and cocky as the folks who backed Stangman's right to destroy someone else's property.

As a member of three antique car clubs, it concerns me to see car clubs and groups enforce reckless and childish behavior. In 20 years, at the rate some of these folks are going, there won't be any Cobras left. They're too hard to work on for one, and they're being destroyed daily by this same disreguard.

I hope none of us is hurt or even killed by a mechanic who has left "his job" behind and is out for a joyride in a customer's vehicle. What happened to mechanics who cared enough about the cars themselves, let alone to drivers, and treated vehicles with care and yes, even affection?

Thank you to all of the folks who stood up to those early posts and defended a person's right to have his or her car worked on by a reliable, trustworthy person. You may have saved the reputation of this board and it's members.
1995 F150

Last edited by Monte Madness; 09-30-2002 at 07:57 PM..
Monte Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:31 PM   #348
redta
Registered Member

I found this post through cofba.com I am having my car worked on tonight and I don't have to worry about my car because I trust my car tech but it took me many years to find a good dealer and service center but they are out their you just have to research and get to know the service dep manager that helps. And I am of the opion that if I buy a new car with warranty I will take it in for service and if it is mistreated while in someone eles care I would ream the dealer and the employee that has no common sence. But for the tech that has no brain if you want to tear up a car then save up the 34 THOUSAND or 45 THOUSAND and BUY YOU'R OWN YOU CAN THEM TEAR IT UP!!!!!!
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am #1029
2002 Collector Edition Trans Am
redta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:39 PM   #349
WiseassFL
Registered Member

Probably the 487,000th post like this...

Glad to see that guy got fired. Schmuck deserved it IMO.

Similir to a lot of other posts.. I am not into Stangs, but, again, we're all enthusiasts, and NOBODY would want to see that happen to their car or that of another enthusiast's car.

Bill in Orlando
00 XJR S/C
57 356A Coupe
60 Vauxhall Velox
And other crap.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:18 PM   #350
devilbrad
Registered Member

What an idiot. I heard about this through www.moparchat.com, www.moparts.com, and www.dodgetalk.com. I'm a Mopar freak, but I'm also a Mazda tech and have had my share of hot rodded RX-7's and even a few Monster Miatas (you know the ones, the little Miatas with the 5.0L Ford motors in them???) and am proud to say that my service department is smart enough to not let anyone touch those cars but me. The owner is present when I am introduced to him, and the keys are handed to me. I would NEVER beat on one of those cars. I keep reading everyone saying this guy is blackballed from all the dealerships, but honestly, if someone doesnt post his name, none of the dealerships are gonna know its him looking for a job. Anyone know this guys name???

Brad
Old 09-30-2002, 10:16 PM   #351
mschwoeb
Registered Member

Just wnated to say that I will be keeping my eye on my vehicle next time its in for a service.

And as for the reach of this thread, I cought it over on www.bladeforums.com, a board related to pocketknives.
mschwoeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 10:32 PM   #352
Mustang Sal
Registered Member

Yoo Hoo!! We heard about this post on http://www.menindresses.com
and frankly this is why me and my boyfriends always take a taxi wherever we go.
Tootles, car boys!
Mustang Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 11:04 PM   #353
BigTruck
Registered Member

Angry Dear blue01gt

First I am sorry to the owners of ALL vehicles abused by techs. Not just dealers but any repair shop.

blue01gt,
1-5 between Bakersfield and and Sacramento is my home, I'm on it all the time. If you think these actions are acceptable you are wrong. You are simply "Bait" for those hot new CHP Cameros, and you'll find everyone for me. Also because I'm on it all the time, and you think it's a playground, you are deadly wrong. watch Red Asphalt, because dude, your going to stain it one of these days. If for what ever reason I share I-5, and your doin "100+", you'll be buying me a new truck. Or paying my wife a nice settlement.... Oh yeah grow up. just because I drive a "BigTruck" doesn't mean I can't go fast too, so don't even think I'm Gramps in my farm truck for a second...

Also how do I join the "Rice haters club", There are a lot more of us at www.Pavementsucks.com
Old 09-30-2002, 11:19 PM   #354
68 Stepside
Registered Member

I heard about this thread over at another site: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...threadid=25883

And I must say, this guy disgusts me. I know it happens all over, but it's not talked about very often. We trust these guys....

Really makes you think, doesn't it?
Old 09-30-2002, 11:35 PM   #355
Asha'man
Registered Member

Another one checking in from www.bladeforums.com. Thread started by me, I might add. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...hreadid=222453 Saw this initially on http://forums.stangnet.com, and also posted it on www.thetolkienforum.com.

Anyway, I think it's great that the whole auto community and many others have come together against this moron. Sooner or later I'll gather all the forums that have been mentioned here and post them.

Asha'man
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stangbfc2.jpg (3.1 KB, 48 views)
Asha'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 11:43 PM   #356
EclipseGT
Registered Member

I'm not all that big on Ford. I'm a rice burner through and through. But I truley feel for the owners of the Cobra. I don't know if you all are the forgiving type or not but if I were you I would file with SAPD on this guy. I'm crazy about my GT and I freak out if I think my hubby drives it to hard. But that IDIOT took your to a 140 mph. And now I feel stupid when he takes mine to 85. Anyway I do feel for you and we have sent dumd***es post to the news and to a few radiostations here in SA. We hope you get something out of Ford.

EclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 12:17 AM   #357
WiseassFL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrotchrocketCBR
im a tech at an SVT dealership here in FL, and i cannot wait untill another 03 cobra comes in, because i will beat the living piss out of that car, just becuase you got this tech fired.
I missed that... and...I forgot to mention... I am also a car dealer.

******* techs like you are exactly why those of us in the car business have a bad reputation. Good thing you don't work for me is all I can say.

Yes, we've had problems with this in the past. Usually it's lot porters and the like, and it is grounds for immediate dismissal.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:00 AM   #358
garypen
Registered Member

I wanted to be the first Jaguar owner to chime in, but of course Bill beat me to it. That'll teach me to step out for a smoke before getting to the end of the thread! He drives an "R", so he'll beat me every time.

This thread only serves to reinforce my opinion that a dealership is the worst place to get one's car serviced. Of course, there's really no choice for a new car under warranty, especially one that can only be serviced at a specialized SVT dealership. It just goes to show you how much this "certification" really means!

I really enjoyed seeing auto enthusiasts of all makes and countires of origin join together to condemn the kind of stupid, selfish, rude, and inconsiderate behavior that Stangman exhibited, and other so-called enthusiasts condoned, including another "certified" SVT tech, for whom the title "lot monkey" is more appropriate.

I have four cars, none of them Mustangs, I'm afraid. But, I did have a kickass little Mustang II at one time, and my Jag is technically a Ford. I enjoy cool cars, cool being a very subjective term, and enjoy seeing owners of different makes and models getting together in their enjoyment of these wonderful machines, and to condemn those that only pretend to love them.

It sure beats all the Chevy-Ford, US-Japan, and other petty hostilities that often dominate boards like this. Hey. The one "domestic" car in my stable is made in Canada, which I've been told by reputable sources is actually a whole other country! (The Civic is also made in Canada!) And, the Acura is made in Ohio of mostly US-made parts.

Maybe someday I'll own a Mustang again. I especially like the style of the 96-98 models. If I do, I'll be all over this board like white on rice. (Pardon the pun)

Good luck Todd and Tracy. I hope you post the final outcome of this mess, once you are able.

And, Bill, where the frig are you man? No one's heard from you on Edmunds in ages. Are you ever on the Jag-Lovers boards? Since I only hit the XJS, and occasionally Moderns lists, I guess I wouldn't see you there, either.

01 Impala LS
94 Civic DX Hatch

Last edited by garypen; 10-01-2002 at 11:20 AM..
garypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:47 AM   #359
lsubluelude
Registered Member

well man, just to let you know you are definitely famous, not only throughout the domestic scene but now also throughout the import scene. Just here from the Southeastern Louisiana Import scene, www.sportsnimports.com , to agree with everyone else on here regarding your moronic actions. Hope your little cruise in a Cobra was worth it. Peace all you mustang fans!
lsubluelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:02 AM   #360
Wolf2600
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrotchrocketCBR
im a tech at an SVT dealership here in FL, and i cannot wait untill another 03 cobra comes in, because i will beat the living piss out of that car, just becuase you got this tech fired.
Go throw on a wifebeater and some flip-flops and go stunt your CBR off a cliff. Gotta love the trolls.

(Do you even have cliffs in FL?)

Last edited by Wolf2600; 10-01-2002 at 02:26 AM..
Wolf2600 is offline   Reply With Quote