MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2004, 01:46 AM   #1
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Default Stock H pipe removal??

Hey everyone... has anyone removed the stock cross pipe?

I want a more seperated exhaust sound. You know what I mean, the "cam'd" sound!

I dont want to loose any power by completely seperating the two sides, so let me know if thats gonna happen

Thanks,
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Power is the point of the crossover. I guess you could try it ,but it is the cats that quiet the exhaust and the stock Muffs. Cutting out the crosssover won't make it sound like a cammed car in my opinion.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:12 AM   #3
JBeryleC
Registered Member

I dont have stock mufflers anymore. and I will be camming it... BUT i want the old school seperated exhaust sound.

so you're saying that running each side independantly will take away power? if thats true.. that sucks!

I thought it was just a smog thing. and a "comfort" thing.. to tone down the exhaust sound a bit.

I know that one side of the motor fires more often when running, so the H pipe is there to cancel out the two sides of the motor to keep each side under the same exact back pressure.

removing that, should drop the idle slightly giving one side of the motor a little more back pressure than the other... conclusion: that good ole rumbly seperated sounding exhaust.

my theory could be wrong, but I think I'm right on
has anyone out there done this?
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:48 AM   #4
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Come on guys.. 30 views and only 1 reply...

I need lots of input on this... hehe

Where are all the opinions???

Old 03-18-2004, 08:58 PM   #5
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I don't think it'll change the sound much and you'll lose power. Changing the cams to high lift and duration is what will give you the sound you want.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
JBeryleC
Registered Member

ok well losing power is the last thing I wanna do!

So the H pipe stays

Thanks for the help

Old 03-19-2004, 02:21 AM   #7
explicitone
Registered Member

if you want a better sound and power lose the stock h and go with a catted x-pipe

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote