View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 04:00 PM   #26
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chiaronate
i wish you'd list the bolt-ons in your profile so i can see what they are. i put a c&l plenum and pro-m on mine a few days ago. i wasn't even considering a shifter until today. i went to the mustang show at jack byrne in mechanicville and someone with a mach 1 told me to try it out. i couldn't believe the difference in travel. part of what the traction control system does is retard timing. could it still do that with the timing adjuster? i don't see how. well, i'm also now considering gears, 3.73's or 4.10's because it feels like forever going through the gears. i'm happy with the sound of the exhaust system. i don't want anything too loud. how much will my rpm's differ with 3.73's or 4.10's? i'm guessing about 300 or 400 rpm.
how the timing adj works is by adding a new trigger wheel and moving the sensor so the computer is not being trick or locked out so it can still retard the timing. and yes the t/c will still work with a t/a.
mine no longer works cause of my spooled rear end

the dif. between 3.73 and 4.10 is only a few hundred rpm but performance is night and day

and yes if you have a 5-speed stang I would get a shifter
I would go with a steeda tri ax or pro 5.0

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote