MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-02-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

Default What to do and how?

Well my problem on my 2000 GT has been solved. Its a wrist pin. I had my neighbor who works on the Crown Vic Police Cars take a look at it. He unplugged the #4 Piston and the noise went away. He plugged it back in and it was there. Now comes the real headache. What to do next?
Here are my options and selling the car is not one of them...
I can either by a turn key installed new 4.6L engine but from who and where do I find one to see how much its going to be or Rebuild the 4.6L Engine. I would like to get a New Engine. Already built and installed so all I have to do is turn the key and I am off. But I have been looking on the web and can not find a price for a 4.6L engine brand new. There arent many mods done to the engine I have now.
And yes money is a big problem. I have someone who might be willing to put the engine in.
I bought the car used and my buddy knows a Ford Rep. who reguardless if I am the original owner or not wont matter to him and he might be able to get Ford to do a 50?50 deal. Where they pay for the engine, I pay to have it put in or vise versa. If the original owner had the car repoed, then that is out of the question cause it will show up on Fords Database. But if he just outright sold the car, then there is that chance that this could happen.
So any input or advise would be very helpful in helping me in this problem. Thank you.
Chrome Air Induction W/ K&N Air Filter
Pulleys
SoulKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

call stang parts they can help

http://www.stangparts.com
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Some knid of negotiated deal with Ford might be a good idea.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #4
CADreamin
Registered Member

I'm sorry man...I truly feel for you as I've been down that road before.

Obviously if you can work out a good deal with Ford that'd be the way to go. But if not...

I've done some checking in to this recently, and here's what I've found out.

Mustang Parts Specialties sells used 99-and-up GT engines for about $1750. Figure on about another $250 for truck freight. These engines have a warranty on them which does not cover installation labor or return shipping. They are complete from TB to oil pan, but do not come with front accessories.

They also offer 96-98 used GT engines for about $850, plus shipping. These also have a warranty. You could pull your existing heads and associated parts and swap 'em over.

DSS Racing is having a special on new modular short blocks for about $1800 right now, plus freight.

Factory Ford new short block might set you back about $1600 plus freight, according to what I've seen on the web.

If you're brave, you might also check Ebay. A 99 used engine and tranny (51,000 miles) complete with the computer and all accessories just sold for $3000, plus freight. About one or two engines go up for bid every week.

You could also build yourself. Mustang Parts Specialties has blocks listed for $150...

Bear in mind none of these prices include installation labor....

Good luck to you and let us know how it works out.

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
V8Mustang
Registered Member

Try to work with Ford before buying anything. If someone at the dealer does not give you a good response, try their manager and the national Ford number.