View Single Post
Old 07-11-2000, 01:50 PM   #9
Red Rocket
Registered Member

I have a 96 Cobra and have had the most problems with this vehicle than any other Mustang I've owned. Besides the cooling problem, which I haven't fixed yet, I have had trouble with the steering column, tie rods(sp?), and the front brakes. And
I drive this car the least hard of any of one I've owned. I even compression brake because of the high gearing. And also the fact it uses way more oil than the 5 liter, but less gas. This car I currently own is even on its third T-45. Never replaced any T-5''s in the pre-modular cars.

Only problem I've had with my GT's were replacing the brake pads and clutches. That's really it.(Drove those cars really hard.)

The 4.6 is in my opinion, a better and more efficient engine than the 5 liter, but for some reason the 5 liter frames held up a lot better, although there shouldn't be much difference, if any, between the 95 and 96 frames, I had more success with pre-96 cars than the one I have now. Just some minor problems, but no real major problems.

Thanks

------------------
1996 Laser Red Cobra. 12.64@106.1 mph; 1.92 60 ft. I keep racin' it, and it keeps getting faster!(It's still a heavy beast)
Red Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote