MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-10-2002, 05:20 PM   #1
lopez
Registered Member

Default Cobra cams brakes

Is anyone running cams in a Cobra. I have a 98 and would like to cam it up. Want to stay all natural. Also - does anyone have experience with brake pads for an open track day? I am running at Sebring Dec 7 and don't want to destroy the rotors if possible. Any advice - experience??
lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:07 PM   #2
SteveK
Registered Member

If you are running with certain sanctions, cam would be a great way to hide extra HP an not get assessed points.
However, I cannot help you with that because I don't know.

As for the brake pads, I hear that EBC's red or yellow stuff is what you want. They claim low rator wear.
I do have experience with Hawk HPS and Performance Friction 80, 83 and 90 series. Hawks are great pad. I know that a lot of people use them. But I've witnessed pads being destroyed.
I love the Performance Friction pads. They stop like you wouldn't believe. It feels like you threw an anchor in the back of your car.
But it does wear your rotor a bit faster than normal (worthless) pads that everyone runs.
In my opinion, all the commercial pads, even the ones advertised as ultra high performance are crap. I run PF's 83 on mine and drive it as a daily car. No prob whatsoever.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote