MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Modular Madness (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Whole Exhaust Config. (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=27395)

StangGT02 08-09-2002 02:31 AM

Whole Exhaust Config.

Im looking into getting a bassani x-pipe, anyone have one on their 4.6L 2002 GT? I didnt even see a 2002 offered on their site so i guess the better question is will a 2001 model x-pipe fit the 2002.

also everyone says they put in a new exhaust system but what all does that include, like what are u replacing....would the x-pipe replace any part on there or would it just be something u weld into the whole new exhaust system

01gt_sleeper 08-10-2002 01:35 AM

x-pipe

Hey the Gt's have 2 cats in the stock h-pipe. The new x-pipe will replace that stock h-pipe with one hi-flow cat and it bolts from your stock manifold down to the mufflers.... I just put on shortie headers and bassani x-pipe and im selling it... If you want it. im selling it for 625. I got for a little over 800 soo your getting a deal. The x-pipe will give you have 5 to 8 horsepower to the wheels i gained 15 to the wheels so its a great bolt on. email me if you want to x-pipe and headers...... axion_sk8ter@hotmail.com

Drewkeen 08-12-2002 08:11 PM

Re: x-pipe

Quote:

Originally posted by 01gt_sleeper
Hey the Gt's have 2 cats in the stock h-pipe. The new x-pipe will replace that stock h-pipe with one hi-flow cat and it bolts from your stock manifold down to the mufflers.... I just put on shortie headers and bassani x-pipe and im selling it... If you want it. im selling it for 625. I got for a little over 800 soo your getting a deal. The x-pipe will give you have 5 to 8 horsepower to the wheels i gained 15 to the wheels so its a great bolt on. email me if you want to x-pipe and headers...... axion_sk8ter@hotmail.com
no they have 6 stock and the new one will have 2 if its catted.

apenn 08-15-2002 09:10 PM

Drew - 6 what? Cats?? My 2000 GT had a total of four cats stock, two on each side. I hope your '96 Cobra doesn't have 6 cats, if it does the exhaust is probably cleaner than the air the filter sucked in.

Drewkeen 08-20-2002 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by apenn
Drew - 6 what? Cats?? My 2000 GT had a total of four cats stock, two on each side. I hope your '96 Cobra doesn't have 6 cats, if it does the exhaust is probably cleaner than the air the filter sucked in.
mine had 4 cats stock (2 high flow ones now, atlanta emissions), my friends 97gt had 6 stock so i figured the newer ones would too because thats what ive heard on the net, i guess ill just have to check out another buddy's 2002 gt.

blue00gt 08-20-2002 04:35 PM

There ARE 6 cats on a 2000 GT. The first two are very small and close to the exhaust manifolds up where you can't see them too easily.

apenn 08-20-2002 08:57 PM

Hi Blue - I notice you are from CA, I wonder if this is the root of our little discrepency. CA has significanly more restrictive emmission laws, so maybe a CA Mustang has 6 cats, and the rest of us make do with 4? All I know is when my entire exhaust was dismantled and tossed there were 4 original ones. Can anyone comment on this?