MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2000, 02:57 PM   #1
Ripper
Registered Member

Question Who's running 3.73s on a 99-00' GT?

I thinking of going to 3.73s in the spring and I'm wondering how much of a difference they will make in 0-60 or, more importantly, 1/4 mile times over the 3.27s in my 99GT? I already know that rpms will be higher with an effect on the gas mileage. Also, what else will I need to purchase for the speedo fix?
Thanks.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 09:37 PM   #2
RedGTvert
Registered Member

You will pick up some speed, can't tell you exactly just how much since my baby will never see the quarter mile track.

Gas mileage will vary depending on how hard you drive, I found that it stayed around the same as the 3.27's becuase I start quite often in second, am able to pull better in most gears without having to downshift quite as often and use 5th gear more than ever for when I want to drive placidly.

For speedo fix, there are three alternatives.

1. Abbott ERA.
2. SHM Speed Compensator.
3. Superchips custom chip.

If you are a 5-speed you can use all of the above. If you are an AODE, the Superchips is the only thing you can use.
RedGTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 09:39 PM   #3
RedGTvert
Registered Member

You will pick up some speed, can't tell you exactly just how much since my baby will never see the quarter mile track.

Gas mileage will vary depending on how hard you drive, I found that it stayed around the same as the 3.27's becuase I start quite often in second, am able to pull better in most gears without having to downshift quite as often and use 5th gear more than ever for when I want to drive placidly.

For speedo fix, there are three alternatives.

1. Abbott ERA.
2. SHM Speed Compensator.
3. Superchips custom chip.

If you are a 5-speed you can use all of the above. If you are an AODE, the Superchips is the only thing you can use. :rolleyes
RedGTvert is offline   Reply With Quote