MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #1
EazyE-CPT
Registered Member

Default Can I use the front wiring harness from my V6 on my V8?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car is an '86. I took the 3.8l out, and put in a HO 5.0l from a '86 Mark VII.

Everything seems fine, but the alternator wiring is different. I beleive there was only 2 wires going to the V6 alternator, but theres 3 wires coming from my V8 alernator....I tried cutting the little alternator harness coming from the V8 alternator and splicing the wires. I hooked up the one big wire coming from the alternator to the big wire coming from the front harness...that was pretty simple to figure out. Then I wired the one small wire coming from the front harness to one of the small wires coming from the alternator. I tried starting the car, and the engine wouldn't turn over.

The engine not turning over could be from something else though...I really dont know. Possibly a neutral safety problem, cuz my trans wiring doesnt look likt its 100% complete.

Where are both of those wires small wires from the alternator supposed to be going?
EazyE-CPT is offline   Reply With Quote